Ajax
✟9,010.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i recently broke up with my ex boyfriend. He was my first love and it was the hardest thing I had to do but my friends kept reminding me how upset and stressed he made me and how he was too immature to date me bcz he would act very childish. He was younger so I never blamed him but there were points where he would do things like not support my goals and dreams and even take me away from them by telling me I couldn’t do them. He is overall a great guy but my friends believed it was best I ended things. They said I was too blindly in love to realize it myself. It’s now 3 weeks since the break up and we haven’t talked yet. We dated for 5 months. Never gave him sex and now I think that might be part of the reason he started acting up. We also work together so it’s not like I never see him but in fact maybe like 4-5 times a week for sometimes 8 hours or more. It’s hard cuz everyone in the workplace knows about it and it’s super awkward for other ppl apparently. Anyways ! I keep having these dreams about me and him being alone in his room or in a dark place together again. I miss the feeling and want to go back to it everytime I dream of it. In one of the dreams though, he has finally asked for me back after 3 months, first thing we did when I accepted was go to his house and he tried to have sex with me but I told him not yet cuz that’s how I am (trying to wait till marrige) and he said That’s very “gospel like” or “Christian like”. I think I still love him yet at the same time have moved on but yet still think about him at least once a day I wanna say. He was sooo perfect and I want him back but could this really work ? Also, what do those dreams mean? I had them twice in a row. By the way I’m 17 soon to be 18 he’s 15 soon to be 16.

• Friendly
Reactions: Dave-W

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
i recently broke up with my ex boyfriend. He was my first love and it was the hardest thing I had to do but my friends kept reminding me how upset and stressed he made me and how he was too immature to date me bcz he would act very childish. He was younger so I never blamed him but there were points where he would do things like not support my goals and dreams and even take me away from them by telling me I couldn’t do them. He is overall a great guy but my friends believed it was best I ended things. They said I was too blindly in love to realize it myself. It’s now 3 weeks since the break up and we haven’t talked yet. We dated for 5 months. Never gave him sex and now I think that might be part of the reason he started acting up. We also work together so it’s not like I never see him but in fact maybe like 4-5 times a week for sometimes 8 hours or more. It’s hard cuz everyone in the workplace knows about it and it’s super awkward for other ppl apparently. Anyways ! I keep having these dreams about me and him being alone in his room or in a dark place together again. I miss the feeling and want to go back to it everytime I dream of it. In one of the dreams though, he has finally asked for me back after 3 months, first thing we did when I accepted was go to his house and he tried to have sex with me but I told him not yet cuz that’s how I am (trying to wait till marrige) and he said That’s very “gospel like” or “Christian like”. I think I still love him yet at the same time have moved on but yet still think about him at least once a day I wanna say. He was sooo perfect and I want him back but could this really work ? Also, what do those dreams mean? I had them twice in a row. By the way I’m 17 soon to be 18 he’s 15 soon to be 16.

Hi
You are both very young to handle these powerful emotions. Must be very hard.
Pray to Jesus for guidance then try to relax. Focus on your work and friends. Be friendly and nice to your ex. Time will sort this painful episode. You both need time to think.

Upvote 0

Valetic

Addicted to CF
Site Supporter
Jun 1, 2018
Georgia, USA
✟58,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
He is mentally abusive.

I almost want to say I can tell you love him but I will leave you the judge of that. I would just keep the faith you have and let time sort it out. Don't act hastily or make any rash decisions. I was in a similar boat when I was your age except I was him and was older than my now wife and wasn't mentally abusive but was just on and off again with her. It took me being born again and the convictions that came along with becoming born again to really change me to the point where I don't act like that in my relationship any more.

I feel like he may be on the path that leads to destruction and if not, that is, if he is saved, he needs counseling. That's what it took for me in my relationships.

Regardless you keep your faith and let Him take care of you. Everything else will fall into place. As Jesus said seek first the kingdom of God and all else shall be added unto you. Be patient and wait for your moment to strike if the moment is right. Who knows he might come to you!

Reactions: Grace2022
Upvote 0

Jadah

Jul 5, 2018
Ajax
✟9,010.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He is mentally abusive.

I almost want to say I can tell you love him but I will leave you the judge of that. I would just keep the faith you have and let time sort it out. Don't act hastily or make any rash decisions. I was in a similar boat when I was your age except I was him and was older than my now wife and wasn't mentally abusive but was just on and off again with her. It took me being born again and the convictions that came along with becoming born again to really change me to the point where I don't act like that in my relationship any more.

I feel like he may be on the path that leads to destruction and if not, that is, if he is saved, he needs counseling. That's what it took for me in my relationships.

Regardless you keep your faith and let Him take care of you. Everything else will fall into place. As Jesus said seek first the kingdom of God and all else shall be added unto you. Be patient and wait for your moment to strike if the moment is right. Who knows he might come to you!
I hope he’s not on the path for destruction! What gives you that idea and can I help at all. Was it God’s purpose to put me in his life and change that. I won’t lie, maybe I could’ve done more as a Christian in the relationship and guide him etc. Lastly, these dreams don’t really mean anything then?

Upvote 0

Valetic

Addicted to CF
Site Supporter
Jun 1, 2018
Georgia, USA
✟58,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I hope he’s not on the path for destruction! What gives you that idea and can I help at all.
Because of what Jesus said in John 3:3

"Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again."

Was it God’s purpose to put me in his life and change that. I won’t lie, maybe I could’ve done more as a Christian in the relationship and guide him etc.
Possibly, I have seen relationships ripped in two because people are too into worldly things that they become filled with all kinds of evil lusts, passions, addictions, hate.. It's very scary and very sad but if you love this boy just pray and continue to keep the faith God gave you because no matter what happens we all have to meet our maker some day so regardless what happens between you 2 God is most important. Seek first the kingdom of God and all else shall be added unto you. Same goes for him.

Lastly, these dreams don’t really mean anything then?
They could mean many things. They could mean you miss him. They could mean you love him. They could mean you are thinking about him to much. Maybe this boy has your body chemistry all jacked up and you're having dreams about it. Idk for sure.

Do you love him? How do you know if you do? Are you IN love?

Upvote 0

Jadah

Jul 5, 2018
Ajax
✟9,010.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Because of what Jesus said in John 3:3

"Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again."

Possibly, I have seen relationships ripped in two because people are too into worldly things that they become filled with all kinds of evil lusts, passions, addictions, hate.. It's very scary and very sad but if you love this boy just pray and continue to keep the faith God gave you because no matter what happens we all have to meet our maker some day so regardless what happens between you 2 God is most important. Seek first the kingdom of God and all else shall be added unto you. Same goes for him.

They could mean many things. They could mean you miss him. They could mean you love him. They could mean you are thinking about him to much. Maybe this boy has your body chemistry all jacked up and you're having dreams about it. Idk for sure.

Do you love him? How do you know if you do? Are you IN love?
Could you explain what you kebs about my body chemistry all jacked up? I’m sorry that I ask so many questions and I think I do love him because of how different I’ll act when he’s around. And even though we don’t talk at all I still ask my friends how he’s doing. And when I see that we have a shift together I get this kind of satisfaction even though we don’t talk at all. And lastly when I tell Ppl why we broke up I legit will talk for sooo long. At the same time that’s how I am when I tell stories, I like to get into detail but when it comes to our story I will admit I babble on for a whileeee

Upvote 0

Valetic

Addicted to CF
Site Supporter
Jun 1, 2018
Georgia, USA
✟58,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Could you explain what you kebs about my body chemistry all jacked up? I’m sorry that I ask so many questions and I think I do love him because of how different I’ll act when he’s around. And even though we don’t talk at all I still ask my friends how he’s doing. And when I see that we have a shift together I get this kind of satisfaction even though we don’t talk at all. And lastly when I tell Ppl why we broke up I legit will talk for sooo long. At the same time that’s how I am when I tell stories, I like to get into detail but when it comes to our story I will admit I babble on for a whileeee
You know I really think you might be in love but I still want you to be the judge of that. My wife when people ask her how she knows she loves me she responds by saying that I make her feel and act like a totally different person, that I'm perfect for her, and that she becomes the mushy person she never thought she would ever be. She says being in love changes things about how you act.

As for your body chemistry, I simply mean like hormones and basically science chemistry in the body and brain which could be the reason for the dreams. Not saying it is but just another possibility.

Upvote 0