• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I keep believing the devil.

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have a psychiatrist and take medication. It helps, but I still hear voices all day long. Besides Schizophrenia, I think I also have OCD because I obsess a lot about things and wash my hands way too much. I am not diagnosed with OCD, however. My psychiatrist has given me medicine (Prozac) for OCD though, but I don't usually take it. I don't really notice any difference (and I'm already taking a lot of medication for Schizophrenia), so I don't take it.

I want to be a follower of Jesus. I hear another voice in my head that says "maybe Jesus loves you." Sometimes I agree with it, but sometimes I say, "I just think I'm too bad." The voice says "no one is too bad for Jesus." The voice says "you never know when you will die so just accept Jesus." The voice says "your salvation depends on if you believe Jesus loves you, so believe it." Sometimes I agree with this voice and say, "okay, I believe Jesus loves me." Other times I say, "I just think I'm too bad." So I kind of fluctuate back and forth between these two beliefs. Sometimes I believe Jesus loves me and other times I feel too bad.

My reason for believing some people are too bad comes from the scriptures where Jesus says some people are lambs and some people are goats. I keep thinking that I'm one of the goats. I feel really guilty a lot of the time (and sometimes I believe that I have committed the unforgivable sin). Sometimes, however, I do believe Jesus loves me and I can be forgiven. I just don't feel that way all of the time.

I'm going to church and I talk to a psychiatrist, so I'm trying to do as much as I can to make things better. The medication makes it so I can sleep at night. If I don't take medication, I cannot sleep due to the voices. They get really evil if I don't take medication. I can't function without it.

Also, sometimes this other voice that I hear will tell me to do things that I don't want to do, so sometimes I don't think this voice is on my side either.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I have a psychiatrist and take medication. It helps, but I still hear voices all day long. Besides Schizophrenia, I think I also have OCD because I obsess a lot about things and wash my hands way too much. I am not diagnosed with OCD, however. My psychiatrist has given me medicine (Prozac) for OCD though, but I don't usually take it. I don't really notice any difference (and I'm already taking a lot of medication for Schizophrenia), so I don't take it.

I want to be a follower of Jesus. I hear another voice in my head that says "maybe Jesus loves you." Sometimes I agree with it, but sometimes I say, "I just think I'm too bad." The voice says "no one is too bad for Jesus." The voice says "you never know when you will die so just accept Jesus." The voice says "your salvation depends on if you believe Jesus loves you, so believe it." Sometimes I agree with this voice and say, "okay, I believe Jesus loves me." Other times I say, "I just think I'm too bad." So I kind of fluctuate back and forth between these two beliefs. Sometimes I believe Jesus loves me and other times I feel too bad.

My reason for believing some people are too bad comes from the scriptures where Jesus says some people are lambs and some people are goats. I keep thinking that I'm one of the goats. I feel really guilty a lot of the time (and sometimes I believe that I have committed the unforgivable sin). Sometimes, however, I do believe Jesus loves me and I can be forgiven. I just don't feel that way all of the time.

I'm going to church and I talk to a psychiatrist, so I'm trying to do as much as I can to make things better. The medication makes it so I can sleep at night. If I don't take medication, I cannot sleep due to the voices. They get really evil if I don't take medication. I can't function without it.

Also, sometimes this other voice that I hear will tell me to do things that I don't want to do, so sometimes I don't think this voice is on my side either.
I know that it is hard for you. One thing that you have to accept is that nothing we receive from God depends on what we have done. Jesus died 2,000 years ago. The Bible says that Jesus tasted death for every man. Are you an "every"? Stick your name in that sentence. "Jesus died for Snow Tiger". Jesus loves everyone equally. It is not an issue of whether the person is good or bad. The "bad" person has more hope than the "good" person because the "good" don't see their need of a saviour.

Jesus rose again 2,000 years ago. What did you have to do with it? It's a wonderful, finished work. Satan cannot undo it. All he can do is lie and deceive and try to prevent people from seeing the truth. Satan is the accuser of the brethren. The answer to his accusations is simple. If they are true, agree. Confess any sin that you know. Then thank God that the blood of Jesus was shed for you. All your sin was future when Jesus died for you. So His blood pays for all your sin right now. When God forgives, He forgets. There is no record of your sin in heaven. If you are feeling guilty, then you do not have to any more.

It's not easy, but you could learn to resist the compulsions that you suffer. Say "No!" to washing your hands more than you need to. If you give in, it's not the end of the world. Ask God to strengthen your will and your resolve. He will do that for you. I know that from experience.

You are suffering, but there is nothing too hard for God. Lord Jesus set free a man with 6,000 demons. He raised the dead, healed the sick and gave sight to the blind. He is surely well able to set you free. Ask and keep asking. Let Him know that you mean business. Even if you have the tiniest amount of faith and strength, God will honour that.

Upvote 0

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Okay, I will believe. I will try to stop fluctuating and believe that Jesus loves me. One of the voices in my head keeps telling me this, but I argue with him a lot. I want to believe, though. I'm going to try to reject the devil.

Upvote 0

jisaiah6113

Oct 17, 2018
Arlington
✟16,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hi Snow Tiger,

I want you to know from personal experience that things can turn around. Don't give up and don't stop resisting Satan and submitting to God. Healing takes time, and it takes patience. There are no quick fixes spiritually and there are no quick fixes in mental health or in life for that matter. It's simply a matter for persistence, which has faith underneath it that can't always be seen.

I want to show you a picture of something. I woke up from a nap this evening after going to church, and I felt these invisible "things" attached to the inside of me. They are little satanic creatures, invisible except to the spirit. They latch onto us as a result of living in a fallen, sinful, God rejecting planet. Sometimes these are the result of outward temptations such as lust. Sometimes they are the result of an attitude, like bitterness, that attaches itself to us as a result of something that happens in our lives that may not be our fault.

But these little creatures attach themselves to us spiritually and if we don't continually bring them to God and repent, submit, and attach ourselves to Christ, these little creatures can multiply and become a colony. Over years, a person can become fully demonized.

It's important we keep a watch on ourselves spiritually.

Spiritual life is one component of a healthy life. I have said before that mental health issues beyond typical depression cannot be treated solely by Scripture. Schizophrenia doesn't have a Bible solution. But God's Word helps us no matter where we are in life. The important thing is to begin your process of healing today. Start exercising, eating good quality food, and resisting the devil. Don't neglect the fellowship of believers, even though I know from experience that forming bonds with Christians while having a mental disorder is tough because you feel that there is this invisible wall separating you from them, which is painful. It's not actually true. Everyone has problems.

I am beginning to see life holistically and to realize that psych docs, therapy, and medication are probably the most important, foundational aspects of life for those of us with mental disorders. But as any good psychiatrist will tell you, taking your medication is only one aspect of a good life. Exercising is important. Eating well is important. Practicing good self care is important. Having hobbies is important. Exerting yourself towards being a contributor in society, no matter what that looks like (having paid employment or volunteering, teaching what you know, encouraging others, etc).

There are lots of ways to be useful to society. As the population grows and as technology advances, you will find that there's more opportunity to help, not less. The need for compassion and intimacy grows because as people become more numerous and while smartphones quickly replace friendships, you will see that people are lonelier than ever. Rather than being a victim of circumstances, you can be a blessing.

I do not believe that anyone, even someone with schizophrenia, has a death sentence on their life. Christ has come to set us free. It may not look neat and tidy, but over the long term, victory is what we get.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191006-222022~2.png
    Screenshot_20191006-222022~2.png
    794.7 KB · Views: 2
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,576.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi,

One of the voices I hear in my head says that it is the devil himself. I have a problem with believing what he tells me. He is very convincing. I hear other voices that tell me not to believe him. Still, I believe what he says most of the time.

So you're saying it sometimes hard to do the right thing? Yes maybe sometime it is. Being a soldier 2 Tim 2:1-4 does mean at times you have to make a decision to be strong and break through things using the word of God. God never said everything always would be a piece of cake. Sometimes it takes determination. Sometimes one has to boldly assert their position In Christ and having done all to stand stand therefore. Eph 6:13 So the question is not if you can for YOU CAN but will you do what they scripture says and that is cast down imaginations and EVERY high thing that exalts itself against the word of God? 2 Cor 10:5 You will answer that question by your actions but know this you'll have to live with your actions. I surely don't mean to sound unkind but you do know NOBODY can make these decisions for you. Each one of us have to make them as well.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi,

One of the voices I hear in my head says that it is the devil himself. I have a problem with believing what he tells me. He is very convincing. I hear other voices that tell me not to believe him. Still, I believe what he says most of the time.

This devil voice is constantly trying to make deals with me. I have a hard time resisting these deals.

Does anyone else hear the voice of the devil himself? Anyone have advice?

Thanks,

SnowTiger

I have struggled with this too.

You need to renounce the Devil, verbally - literally, say "sorry Devil, but your only authority is for the destruction of the ungodly (I am godly, you will have to leave me alone)."

If you can imagine doing this to the end (or close to the end, of your life, that is), the Devil will hear the confidence in your voice and confirm that it is of God and will flee.

It then just becomes a matter of thanking Jesus!

I hope you are okay, mate - I will pray for you, and the other guy I know with this problem, whenever I pray for myself (I promise) in Jesus Name (to God be the Glory) Amen.

Upvote 0