• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

3. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

I keep believing the devil.

Discussion in 'Psychosis and Schizophrenia' started by SnowTiger, Aug 19, 2019.

1. SnowTiger

SnowTiger Well-Known Member Supporter

+742
    Christian
    Single
    Hi,

One of the voices I hear in my head says that it is the devil himself. I have a problem with believing what he tells me. He is very convincing. I hear other voices that tell me not to believe him. Still, I believe what he says most of the time.

This devil voice is constantly trying to make deals with me. I have a hard time resisting these deals.

Does anyone else hear the voice of the devil himself? Anyone have advice?

Thanks,

SnowTiger

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. A_Thinker

A_Thinker Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,804
    Christian
    Married
    Test every spirit ... to see whether is it of God.

1 John 4

1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God.

2 By this you will know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God,

3 and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God.

3. SnowTiger

+742
    Christian
    Single
    I know the voice isn't from God. I still worry that he has the power to get me over deals that I make.

4. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints! Supporter

+2,221
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    Above your first post, there is a link called "Thread Tools."

5. SnowTiger

+742
    Christian
    Single
    Thank you!

6. SnowTiger

+742
    Christian
    Single
    My main problem is the deals that the devil constantly tries to make with me. I keep believing if I accidentally agree with his deals then I am bound to them. He is constantly trying to make deals with me inside of my mind. I feel like I am bound to them. Does this make any sense?

7. A_Thinker

+3,804
    Christian
    Married
    If you belong to God, the devil cannot get you.

8. SnowTiger

+742
    Christian
    Single
    I'm not initiating the deals with the devil, but sometimes I accept them on accident, and then I feel like I am bound to them. This happens to me all the time. It really stresses me out.

9. Aussie Pete

Aussie Pete Active Member Supporter

+351
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    I've had a couple of assaults from Satan, not a lot of fun. Your problem is that you believe his lies. The antidote is to resist. You need to humble yourself first. Set your will to resist. God will back your will. If you are weak willed, ask God to strengthen your will. Total reliance on Christ as your Deliverer is essential. Pray the Lord's prayer. It is not some kind of incantation or charm, but it is a model prayer that Lord Jesus told us to pray. "Lead us not into hard testing but deliver us from evil" is a prayer that God will answer.

10. SarahsKnight

SarahsKnight Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth. Supporter

+6,836
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Still praying for you SnowTiger. I am sure that your fear and anxiety is only causing you to think, to feel as though you are beginning to believe Satan's lies, that you will ever "give in" and become a part of the darkness forever and be separated from God. :( Please hang in there. I continue to pray for God's mercy to heal you from your mental and emotional sickness.

11. ajcarey

ajcarey Member

+183
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Psalm 1: "Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. 2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. 3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper. 4 The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away. 5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous. 6 For the Lord knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish."

James 4:4-8: "Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God. Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy? But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble. Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded."

12. Gracia Singh

Gracia Singh Newbie Supporter

+6,952
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    You are not bound by them. Satan enjoys causing us to doubt, fear, and because of terror, give up. Never give up, Snow. You are not bound by anything Satan might say to you or try to trick you into, so long as you rely and trust on Christ.

13. Bobber

Bobber Well-Known Member

+529
    Non-Denom
    Well if you're a Christian you be just as bold and convince him that you've been given authority over all his power in the name of Jesus Luke 10:19 and break his power over your spirit and mind. Scripture says resist the devil and he will FLEE from you. James 4:7 You say he puts wrong thoughts in your mind? Bring out from the Bible what God says and declare it as the only thoughts you'll allow to have control over your life and cast down every imagination and thought which is contrary to the word of God. 2 Cor 10:5 Keep declaring the word of God not what the devil says. God's word is to be believed to be true. You know the other is lie.

14. A_Thinker

+3,804
    Christian
    Married
    I meant to add to this yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Once again, If you belong to God, the devil cannot get you.

John 10

27 My sheep listen to My voice; I know them, and they follow Me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them out of My hand. 29 My Father who has given them to Me is greater than all. No one can snatch them out of My Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”

Also, you have the authority to tell the devil to leave you alone.

The next time he tries to talk to you, tell him this ... "In the name of Jesus, I command you to leave me alone."

This should cause him to leave you alone for awhile.

Every time he comes back, say the same thing. Don't engage in conversation with him ... just send him away ...

15. SnowTiger

+742
    Christian
    Single
    Thank you for your help. I will try to believe that they are not binding. The things the devil promises me are terrible though, so I am full of fear.