Texas
✟49,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
There's stuff in my life that have caused me a lot of pain and anger for some time now. Finally it just blew up on me where I just finally, on my way to work in my car, just blew up and screamed at God. I told him how [staff edit] mad I was and told him exactly how I felt. I told him that I no longer trusted Him because He has not given me a reason to trust Him in this area of my life. I told him that despite any efforts to trust in him, nothing but more pain and frustration have occurred in my life with it. I know that we are to be honest with God as David was with him in Psalms. But unlike David, he always at the end seem to remind himself of the goodness of God, I just couldn't get myself to do because I was just so damn angry. I couldn't get myself to say "oh thank you for everything else" or "I know that you are loving and compassionate".

Any thoughts or comments on this would be appreciated.

Your pain and anger aren’t the result of God’s actions. If it were, that would mean God deliberately makes people suffer for no reason. God is love (1 John 4:8), so it isn’t possible for him to cause harm to people. If anything, God wants to alleviate your anguish when you trust in him and do his will. So to blame God for your problems doesn’t make any sense.

Upvote 0

War_Eagle

Nov 11, 2017
Lake Worth
✟9,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
There's stuff in my life that have caused me a lot of pain and anger for some time now. Finally it just blew up on me where I just finally, on my way to work in my car, just blew up and screamed at God. I told him how [staff edit] mad I was and told him exactly how I felt. I told him that I no longer trusted Him because He has not given me a reason to trust Him in this area of my life. I told him that despite any efforts to trust in him, nothing but more pain and frustration have occurred in my life with it. I know that we are to be honest with God as David was with him in Psalms. But unlike David, he always at the end seem to remind himself of the goodness of God, I just couldn't get myself to do because I was just so damn angry. I couldn't get myself to say "oh thank you for everything else" or "I know that you are loving and compassionate".

Any thoughts or comments on this would be appreciated.

Sounds like you need to humble yourself and repent.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I think honesty is the best policy imo, even with God. I don't think its healthy to just pretend to be happy, God knows you aren't happy and he knows when you hate His guys too lol...so no since in hiding it...but I feel there's a way to go about it ...being respectful.... By simply saying God I'm mad at you for , ect. Ect.ect. , please help me. Help me to understand and see my situation th3 way you do.

God doesn't flinch at our candid feelings...just express them appropriately.

What Moon said, NASA. Praying for you brother (((hug)))

• Agree
Reactions: DeerGlow
Upvote 0

Evergold

Nov 12, 2017
Planet Earth
✟8,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I often find myself having “heated conversations” with God when I become bewildered and frustrated by the stressful events in my life. I can throw the finest silent temper tantrums with Him at times, but for some reason I never sense that it particularly displeases Him. Perhaps he would prefer for me to accept whatever lessons He is trying to teach me without putting up such a fuss, but I believe that despite it all He is simply happy that I’m still turning to Him for help instead of everyone and everything else when I’m struggling with something. I’ve always believed that He values our honesty as well as our ability to acknowledge our own weakness. Strangely enough, He always has something fascinating to show and/or tell me once I’m done venting.

Upvote 0

Galadriel

Lady of Light
Jun 24, 2003
USA
✟12,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi NASA,
Just wanted to say, I understand where youre at with getting very angry and frustrated. I too have been struggling with this (see my thread on the first page of this forum?). Its hard. I go in turns of angry/frustrated to being sorry, so yea its a mess. Not sure what your situation is, but we can't give up yet!

Upvote 0