I just gave my life to God, now what?

lithiumkat

Dec 26, 2011
✟7,708.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am also a new Christian. I was baptized the weekend before Christmas and I started going to church back in august or september. I agree so far with what everyone has said and this is a lot of what I have been trying to do. If you have not been baptized in water you may want to, God specifically requests that we do this in the Bible. Read the Bible as often as possible, preferably a little bit everyday.

Go to church as often as you can and really take in the worship and the fellowship along with the meaning behind the sermon, maybe even take notes of the scripture being followed so you can follow up with your Bible later. Try to do some good works, anything kind, giving or selfless that you can do to help others will be pleasing to God. Also going to any church activities, getting involved with any kind of ministry or small group and reading as well any appropriate Christian books would also give you a further edge on finding your Spiritual Path with God.

Also PRAY as often as you can, as many times a day as you can, for anyone and everyone including yourself, those you love, those who have trespassed against you. And always try to treat others as you would want to be treated as God asks us to try to do and he also finds this to be pleasing as well.

Upvote 0

rwadhwan

Feb 11, 2012
✟7,611.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
hey brothers and sisters,
I am a new christian.....mine has been a life of trouble and pain.....used to be an alcoholic and was addicted to cigarettes.....I knew I was going to die because of those two vices....prayer got me to quit cold turkey, I had no withdrawal symptoms at all...it was as if my body and mind had no memory of these poisons.....I really couldn't explain it as my faith was shaky ...but somewhere in me I knew it was a miracle....what I also know is that every now and then I feel those special moments of tearful joy, peace...that have been described here....my life is still full of troubles from the environs I am in, and I have this feeling that I am only seeing the tip of the iceberg...I know I have to read the bible....to grow spiritually, however I feel that understanding and feeling the message in the bible is in itself a gift....in the past and even now...I have read it many many times and it has not resonated in me.....bottom line
I am tired of the struggles I have been through....if there is an ideal way to live and experience life I want to know it. I am so very thirsty !!!
I am open to any help I can get....experiences told from others...anything.....this is a journey I will undertake to the end of my days
please any words of advice ?

Upvote 0