✟3,244.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Or possibly a 'healthy living' credit
If you can make 'healthy living' relatively accessible so that both the people who want it and the people who need it can get it.
Americans are so fractured. I mean, fancy voting for Trump and now over 3000 Americans die per day.

The problem is so deep, I don't know the solution

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I don't know what you mean by test.

I mean if you were taking a college course final exam and one of the questions described the American situation and asked for a solution. Life is a little bit like that.

Personally, after spinning it around for a few years, I would probably skip that one, do what I could on the rest of the test and come back to it later if I had the time ;) I'm the one the test is for, not America.

Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟488,558.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
(I wasn't sure either, had a vague notion, found this which makes it a little less vague - "resonator" can be thought of as "the thing that is ticking off", whether it is a pendulum or an atom)

Apparently atoms, just like people, get ticked off on a fairly regular basis ;)

What is an atomic clock and how does it work?

An atomic clock is a clock that uses the resonance frequencies of atoms as its resonator. According to Encyclopedia Britannica, the resonator is "regulated by the frequency of the microwave electromagnetic radiation emitted or absorbed by the quantum transition (energy change) of an atom or molecule." (See the National Institute of Standards and Technology for a diagram and description of the process.)

The advantage of this approach is that atoms resonate at extremely consistent frequencies. If you take any atom of cesium and ask it to resonate, it will resonate at exactly the same frequency as any other atom of cesium. Cesium-133 oscillates at 9,192,631,770 cycles per second. This sort of accuracy is completely different from the accuracy of a quartz clock. In a quartz clock, the quartz crystal is manufactured so that its oscillating frequency is close to some standard frequency; but manufacturing tolerances cause every crystal to be slightly different, and things like temperature will change the frequency. A cesium atom always resonates at the same known frequency -- that is what makes atomic clocks so precise.
==

Another interesting thing about the Time vid and Einstein's assumption and the ramifications of it, is that Einstein didn't know or believe in an expanding Universe. If you asked Einstein about the Universe, he would say it was always there, always was always will be, and was static. Not expanding, not contracting, just sitting there pleasantly, as pleasantly as the day God created it. At least, for part of his life. Big Bang theory is really relatively recent.

This early light — sometimes called the "afterglow" of the Big Bang — is more properly known as the cosmic microwave background (CMB). It was first predicted by Ralph Alpher and other scientists in 1948, but was found only by accident almost 20 years later

Moreover, as far as we can detect in this day and age, the universe is expanding, and the expansion appears to accelerating. This means that EVERYONE is on their bicycles heading DIRECTLY AWAY from everyone else at amazing increasing speeds over amazing increasing distances, always has been, always will be. I don't see how you could ever 'cut the slice' forward by anything but the most miniscule amount and only then with a tremendous amount of effort. Not really a slice of bread, more like a Pizza, and not a square one. But I don't think Einstein knew about or even considered expansion as a possibility at the time.

What does this have to do with the OP? Not much, but learning is more fun than revenge, and there is a lot to learn and think about. One *could* get so busy learning and loving, that they completely forgot how angry they were about whatever it was someone else was doing or what someone else had told them about what someone else was doing.... And without knowing me, I'm just a vague person who voted and supported in a way that would categorize me on the side that the OP expressed extreme agitation towards. I would like to remove that agitation in some gentle way for everyone's benefit, including the OPs.

It's a little like saying "I'm so angry at these people" and then target shooting at a silhouette which was a description of "these people" that "some other people" gave you. Without realizing that there were real people (of whom I am one) behind the silhouette. This has been done from Left to Right and from Right to Left, and I've been guilty of it too.

Everyone should just put the guns down at this point. If I had to train mine somewhere, I might start looking for the ones that told me to pick them up in the first place.

The Op is confusing; is the person mentally ill; I don't think so. He posts on the Ethics and Morality forum and I guess this should be the context in which we approach his dissatisfaction with the world; everyone hates the world and are trying to change it.

To understand what is going on in the world a person should be student of Karl Marx. Satan has come upon the world like a thief in the night; had people know the writings of Marx they would have seen Satan coming. Others of course, had they been familiar with the Bible they also would have seen him coming..

Marx wrote about language engineering and Stalin practiced it before Orwell wrote about new speak; Mao tse tong also used it to control the minds of the masses. Now it is being done to us covertly.

Bible prophesy is proceeding as an algorithm unfolding; the beast as a structure is God's invention, but the people pressed into that structure are Satan's people; they do have a choice, but how difficult it is for them to overcome not knowing the options. There is a road leading to a final destination called the day of the Lord, where all will be judged, some are on the left of the road and some are on the right of the road, but we are all going to the same destination.

There was two points I tried to make; one being the definition of time and the other was NASA seems to allow it's material to be used in fake news. If we allow time to be the measurement it is defined and singular; if we allow time to be that which is measured, because the number of things measured are infinite, time is not uniquely defined; and this makes a shamble of science. Regarding the OP, a psychologist could remove the agitation but that which caused the agitation needs to be worked with and understood, (this person may be ripe for conversion), what we see is the best man can deliver, but the magnitude and quantity of it is going to increase greatly; a person with or without God needs to prepare in some way, and not bury their head in the sand.

The good guy should separate himself from the world as in sanctification, circumcision.

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,241,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
I would also add this: Take a break from any and all news sources. They just mess with people's heads with stuff that is very likely either flat out untrue or spun way out of proportion.
A new thread about the media which echoes this: Overwhelmedia
(I personally can't post there due to permissions, but just the little that's been posted there so far is interesting).

Upvote 0

The happy Objectivist

Jul 3, 2020
Center
✟65,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You know by my posts that I am anxious about the modern state of affairs on society. Right now, I just want to see or help commit some kind of revenge or comeuppance. I hate that communism and leftism are sealing their perpetual victory over the world. I hope the "end times" doesn't occur and to see them treated the way they are now treating the other side, and there is a revival and I can get to see and live what society was like when my parents and grandparents were growing up in again. I want to see that! God's plan as it seems right now is not fair, and actually seems like a contradiction.

I want to win!
I feel the same way. It's making me physically ill watching what's happening. For a supposedly intelligent species, we keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again. We keep trying the same bad ideas again and again.

• Agree
Reactions: VCR-2000
Upvote 0

Kettriken

Feb 10, 2020
Pennsylvania
✟41,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
Considering if there is little else to loose.

Brother, there is always much to loose, not least your heavenly mandate. Christ is clear about how we are to treat enemies. Pray that you might be shown a different path to fulfill your zealotry.

If Christ is not enough to sway you I would ask what do you have to live for? Or what standard is it that you live by?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

gaara4158

Gen Alpha Dad
Aug 18, 2007
United States
✟204,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You know by my posts that I am anxious about the modern state of affairs on society. Right now, I just want to see or help commit some kind of revenge or comeuppance. I hate that communism and leftism are sealing their perpetual victory over the world. I hope the "end times" doesn't occur and to see them treated the way they are now treating the other side, and there is a revival and I can get to see and live what society was like when my parents and grandparents were growing up in again. I want to see that! God's plan as it seems right now is not fair, and actually seems like a contradiction.

I want to win!
What, specifically, has been done to you as a result of this perceived “victory” that leftism and communism is allegedly enjoying at the moment? What exactly do you think needs to be avenged? If you can’t name anything, it’s likely you have been influenced by propaganda to feel this way, and you should be wary of who benefits from mass panic and hatred re: leftism.

Upvote 0