Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Don't know. I wasn't paying close attention to politics back then. I don't have any reason to compare this with Reagan.

I edited that out.

Upvote 0

Palmfever

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2019
Hawaii
✟151,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
2 Tim, 3:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;

I don’t think it’s supposed to get better.

And I know Christ was speaking to His disciples here;

John, 16:2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the hour comes, that whosoever kills you shall think that he offers service unto God.

But there is a faction of the church now that accommodates the world and finds the judgmental sections of scripture distasteful. “Don’t judge,” they opine, yet scripture tells us we are to judge the church.

1 Cor, 6:5 I say this to your shame. Is it so, that there is not among you one wise man who will be able to decide between his brethren, but brother goes to law with brother, and that before unbelievers?

Actually, then, it is already a defeat for you, that you have lawsuits with one another. Why not rather be wronged? Why not rather be defrauded? On the contrary, you yourselves wrong and defraud. You do this even to your brethren.

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God. Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

The Spirit of God will convict and Judge the world.

John, 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

I get the frustration when those who call themselves Christian seem to favor the world, but God judges the world, give it up and place your faith in God, not men. If men disappoint you, you are looking in the wrong direction.

Don’t get so tangled up in this world. Satan will turn you bitter against your own brother. 2nd Tim, 2:4 "No man that wareth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier."

In Christ

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Please tell us exactly how you think communism is gaining ground in the world today. (If you say anything about Biden or the American Democratic party, I will laugh out loud).

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
2 Tim, 3:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;

I don’t think it’s supposed to get better.

And I know Christ was speaking to His disciples here;

John, 16:2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the hour comes, that whosoever kills you shall think that he offers service unto God.

But there is a faction of the church now that accommodates the world and finds the judgmental sections of scripture distasteful. “Don’t judge,” they opine, yet scripture tells us we are to judge the church.

1 Cor, 6:5 I say this to your shame. Is it so, that there is not among you one wise man who will be able to decide between his brethren, but brother goes to law with brother, and that before unbelievers?

Actually, then, it is already a defeat for you, that you have lawsuits with one another. Why not rather be wronged? Why not rather be defrauded? On the contrary, you yourselves wrong and defraud. You do this even to your brethren.

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God. Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

The Spirit of God will convict and Judge the world.

John, 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

I get the frustration when those who call themselves Christian seem to favor the world, but God judges the world, give it up and place your faith in God, not men. If men disappoint you, you are looking in the wrong direction.

Don’t get so tangled up in this world. Satan will turn you bitter against your own brother. 2nd Tim, 2:4 "No man that wareth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier."

In Christ
Do you believe the literal physical earth continues to exist, but without the sinful current system ("the world")?

Upvote 0

Kettriken

Feb 10, 2020
Pennsylvania
✟41,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
VCR,
The desire to win (or thrive) is quite innate to our beings. The desire to lash out when threatened is also understandable, particularly when it feels righteous. It is also one of the more insidious pitfalls we face in this life.

Yelling and fighting all feels so right and inevitable when we are in the midst of a conflict, but God is clear about moving past those instincts to respond in a loving manner. A manner that is consistent with the Kingdom that Christ came to bring and that we are to be citizens of. I know that you are feeling a little disillusioned with that paradigm right now, but try to hold on.

Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yeah, I would never actually carry out, but it becomes so frustrating that I can't help imagine this sometimes. I know it is wrong.
You do not want to become what you find disgusting that would only provide a victory for the side that you dislike. Please talk to your pastor, or a friend, or relative, it is hard to think clearly when you are angry or anxious it helps to have someone to help give you perspective. Even thinking about doing something that you know is wrong is dangerous to your health.

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,239,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
Quit reading all that endtimes stuff, it's mostly witchcraft anyhow.
I would also add this: Take a break from any and all news sources. They just mess with people's heads with stuff that is very likely either flat out untrue or spun way out of proportion.

Reactions: Robban
Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,235.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Right now, I just want to see or help commit some kind of revenge or comeuppance.

Reset your focus - commit some kind of act of beauty or love for someone who needs it. When we focus on anger, we don't see those who are hurting right in front of us, we ignore strangers by the side of the road. Put the rest of the world on mute. Everyone you see today is your neighbor, even if you don't know their names yet. Go be the Samaritan

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟788,291.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
You quoted: "The difference between a man and a beast is that the man knows he's a man and the beast does not know it's a beast. And so the more a man becomes a beast, the less he knows it." ~George MacDonald

That is a hilarious syllogism. Thank you.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Please tell us exactly how you think communism is gaining ground in the world today. (If you say anything about Biden or the American Democratic party, I will laugh out loud).

I think Biden will drag the party (screaming) back toward the center.

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,235.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
That is a hilarious syllogism. Thank you.

Sure... not quite so hilarious if you meet one, be it in the mirror or on the street. I've seen both.

• Agree
Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,235.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I think Biden will drag the party (screaming) back toward the center.

I'm sure some will scream, some will applaud, and some will say 'thank God'
The Left is a Universe of people, just like the Right, + a few herds of cows.
We could both use a little shepherding.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟788,291.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Sure... not quite so hilarious if you meet one, be it in the mirror or on the street. I've seen both.
True that. But it is still funny -- logical but incongruous. Its form is like that of, "Nothing can happen except whatever does happen, as history shows. Therefore, (by extrapolation), we may conclude that nothing else CAN happen, except whatever will happen."

• Haha
Reactions: Petros2015
Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,235.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Its form is like that of, "Nothing can happen except whatever does happen, as history shows. Therefore, (by extrapolation), we may conclude that nothing else CAN happen, except whatever will happen."

Hehe... yeah... about that....

Upvote 0