Pennsylvania
✟791,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Tell me about it, especially with the recent Zacharias scandal.

Thank you. I'm sorry for taking so long to get back to you (And everyone else I was depressed and busy the last several days and didn't feel like going on CF much).

Actually, you're right. I wish I could meet Durbin in person and ask him to explain that. Jesus said the members of Christ ARE the church.

I never considered joining another Protestant church. I guess I wouldn't want to because most of the

Not that I don't like the Arminians. Not that I think they're unsaved or evil (I don't) but its more that I wouldn't really agree with what the Pastor is saying. I can picture myself arguing and debating with my Pastor and fellow church members. Not really a good fit.

Yup! I love watching Sproul, Piper, Packer, Spurgeon, and... I can't think of his name. Mark Dever I think? They're all fantastic. I guess I listened to him because he's got a point. A christian should be out there with other Christians and fellowshiping and participating in Church activities. But, then again I do that on CF and everyday so... dunno what the argument would be. Anyway, thanks!

Just thought I should add, (I know what you mean about fitting in), I spent many years avoiding going to any church, because my problem is keeping my big mouth shut. I hear things and my blood boils --as Jeremiah put it, 'But if I say, "I will not mention his word or speak anymore in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.' I sat and listened, Sunday School or preachng, hearing things I cannot abide. Out of respect I usually kept my mouth shut but I almost always, (still, even now) find myself wishing I had not attended.

Listen to what Amos says! "The lion has roared-- who will not fear? The Sovereign LORD has spoken-- who can but prophesy?" Does that sound like the God that gets preached nowadays? Anyhow, yeah, I sympathize with you. I suggest you find a church where they need teachers, haha! A sheep in wolves clothing!

Upvote 0