• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

I joined the Brown Scapular

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Brother_Justin, Aug 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brother_Justin

Brother_Justin Warrior of Our Lady

+183
    Catholic
    Single
    Just wanted to share my excitment with you all. Father was so psyched this weekend to do this for me :)! Fr. Mchenry is so great! Anyway I have bid my devotion to this wonderful sacramental and Im very excited!

Brother Justin <M><

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. pax

pax Veteran

+94
    Catholic
    Single
    Congratulations, welcome to the confraternity!

The brown scapular is probably one of my favorite sacramentals...wearing it is like a perpetual prayer. It's comforting to know you're always under the mantle of Our Lady's protection.

3. Irenaeus

Irenaeus Sub tuum praesidium confugimus!

+509
    Catholic
    Married
    Congratulations, Justin! :)

4. Brother_Justin

+183
    Catholic
    Single
    Yeah it is. I almost cried when Father put it around my neck :). Im a sap for our Lady. I love wearing it. I took it off last night before bed and felt naked without it on. I also remember thinking:

OH SNAPSSS Its like a badge!!!

LOL I have no idea why that came to mind.

Brother Justin <M><

5. black_rain

black_rain &amp;lt;-- Heidi Jo..that's me alright!!

+21
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Yay!! :clap:
    I was actually enrolled in it as a part of a club that I'm in at the church, and I honestly didn't know anything about it at the time. But now I love it, even though mine broke last week and I haven't had the chance to go get another one...

6. Knowledge3

Knowledge3 Well-Known Member

+18
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    What does it mean when you wear the brown scapular?

7. black_rain

black_rain &amp;lt;-- Heidi Jo..that's me alright!!

+21
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Democrat
  8. geocajun

geocajun Priest of the holy smackrament

+1,610
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Congratulations!

9. Brother_Justin

+183
    Catholic
    Single
    Thanks bro. I'm very happy to be part of this great confraternity! I love my mama! Our Lady is the greatest!

Brother Justin <M><

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.