pinkjess

There she goes...at the speed of sound
Feb 24, 2009
✟85,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I like to fold my blankets into a roll and pretend it's a person and I imagine I'm being held. I daydream that I am snuggling with someone and I wonder if it is a sin. Like some kind of emotional lust you know? I wish I could be one of those strong single Christians who find all of their comfort in God alone and never resort to pathetic devices such as this. But I can't. I'm turning 25 this year and never had a boyfriend and probably never will due to health issues and mental problems I have. Still I ache for physical comfort and to curb it I imagine I'm snuggling somebody. I do it every single night. Is this wrong? Is God mad or disappointed in me because of this?

I think of my future and imagine life events and imagine that I'll have no one to hold me when I'm scared or when I need help. I know I have Jesus, and I know He is my comforter but I am talking about physical comfort that occurs between humans. I don't want to be "alone" in this life. And I'm afraid that is what will happen. I just want to share life with someone of my own instead of being a 3rd wheel.

:( this is embarrassing.

JesusLovesOurLady

Slave of the Handmaid of the Lord
Feb 15, 2017
Roman Catholic Diocese of Nelson
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I'm not sure, if it was sexual it would definitely be sinful, but if it's just emotional I'm not sure. I do have slightly similar issues to what you're going through where I crave human comfort and affection, (and in my case, it is sexual and sinful) in fact just this morning, I went through an intense part of my spiritual healing process which was extremely painful psychological. I'm not sure if I can say anything to help you, (I'm not sure if you have seen anyone about these issues) I will keep you in my prayers though.

Upvote 0

redblue22

You Are Special.
Jan 13, 2012
✟73,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Another thing too is that I chronically lack a social life outside of the internet due to my disability. Being the maladaptive daydreamer I am, I often imagine having a social life and think up of conversations and situations where it's at my own pace as a substitute. Is it strange? Maybe to some people but it does often keep me occupied from my own real life social troubles.

Like I said, we all have our coping methods but some coping methods really are healthier than others.

No fair. You had your turn. Now let the hottie respond.

Upvote 0

redblue22

You Are Special.
Jan 13, 2012
✟73,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You have nothing to be afraid of. I've done that too; use blanket as person substitute. For me it is like hiding from someone. If God put a check next to every hug or hide from a pillow, I would sure be in trouble. It is quite normal to feel sad or scared in wanting someone to take that place in our lives. I feel for you.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Applekrate

Site Supporter
Apr 2, 2017
Arizona
✟127,410.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I like to fold my blankets into a roll and pretend it's a person and I imagine I'm being held. I daydream that I am snuggling with someone and I wonder if it is a sin. Like some kind of emotional lust you know? I wish I could be one of those strong single Christians who find all of their comfort in God alone and never resort to pathetic devices such as this. But I can't. I'm turning 25 this year and never had a boyfriend and probably never will due to health issues and mental problems I have. Still I ache for physical comfort and to curb it I imagine I'm snuggling somebody. I do it every single night. Is this wrong? Is God mad or disappointed in me because of this?

I think of my future and imagine life events and imagine that I'll have no one to hold me when I'm scared or when I need help. I know I have Jesus, and I know He is my comforter but I am talking about physical comfort that occurs between humans. I don't want to be "alone" in this life. And I'm afraid that is what will happen. I just want to share life with someone of my own instead of being a 3rd wheel.

:( this is embarrassing.

Do not be embarrassed, we all have our own way of dealing with being alone. I am not a Biblical scholar by any means but, I see you doing nothing wrong from a scriptural standpoint. Your desires are probably pretty normal.
Everyone has something 'wrong' with themself. Look at your good qualities and make an effort to make your self avail at church or where ever you go. Best to you

Upvote 0

PeachieKeen

Apr 24, 2017
Southwest
✟104,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Totally normal and I don't see any reason it would be viewed as sinful. But I agree with Way, body pillows are better :)

Please don't be too burdened. I think there are definitely very lonely times in waiting for the one, but there's also so many benefits to finding your person later in life. You both will know who you are and be better able to love one another and God together. 25 is not old, even if it feels that way right now.

• Friendly
Reactions: pinkjess
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NurseAbigail

Site Supporter
Sep 27, 2017
NC
✟48,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
i hug myself when i have a bad day and give myself a pat in the back, have a big teddy bear next to me at night, totally normal...it's normal to desire companionship, and it is also normal to feel lonely sometimes. But never isolate yourself, always reach out to others, open yourself up to be vulnerable, to love is to be vulnerable, it may or may not be reciprocated, but whenever you care for someone something changes inside and somehow the loneliness won't sting so much.

Upvote 0

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
While hugging a blanket is just a small thing, it depends on what the Spirit in you is convicting you of.

Is God mad at you, I nor any person can say. It depends on if you obey the Spirit or not.

If you feel a conviction to NOT do something and you do it, or if you feel a conviction to do something and you do not do it.... then that is disobedience and God would not be pleased. It does not mean you are outside His forgiveness or grace.... but obedience and faith is what makes God pleased.

Obedience is about obeying the conviction the Spirit has given to you, its not about what man says or "how many people do it" it is what the Spirit tells YOU is okay or not okay.

The world idolizes money, many people do it, it doesn't make it right.

Upvote 0