Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I welcome them! Heck, I might try ONLY replying to threads using verses alone :p

Let's see

16 Avoid godless chatter, because those who indulge in it will become more and more ungodly.

:hi:

Excellent verse brother. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

seeingeyes

Nov 29, 2011
Backwoods, Ohio
✟27,860.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God bless you. I'm sure you tried, and i appreciate the effort. I'm certain these verses will bear fruit, for His Word never returns to Him void. It's almost like His Word supersedes our efforts and has a mind of its own.
4chsmu1.gif

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

Jesus gave a whole sermon to the people of God without using Scripture quotes. Yes?

Upvote 0

motherprayer

Elisha
Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
✟19,375.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I welcome them! Heck, I might try ONLY replying to threads using verses alone :p

Lol oh Lord! I can see the mess THAT would cause! LOL!

Acts 19:32 Some therefore cried one thing, and some another: for the assembly was confused; and the more part knew not wherefore they were come together.
Matthew 18:7 Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!
Matthew 5:37 But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

Jesus gave a whole sermon to the people of God without using Scripture quotes. Yes?

I'm sorry. I missed your point. However, Jesus IS Scripture, isn't He? He IS the Word. He was speaking to the masses and relating to them where they were at.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Excellent verse brother. :thumbsup:

Titus 3:8
This is a trustworthy saying. And I want you to stress these things, so that those who have trusted in God may be careful to devote themselves to doing what is good. These things are excellent and profitable for everyone.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Titus 3:8
This is a trustworthy saying. And I want you to stress these things, so that those who have trusted in God may be careful to devote themselves to doing what is good. These things are excellent and profitable for everyone.

Amen. :D

Upvote 0

seeingeyes

Nov 29, 2011
Backwoods, Ohio
✟27,860.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry. I missed your point. However, Jesus IS Scripture, isn't He? He IS the Word. He was speaking to the masses and relating to them where they were at.

Exactly.

And when we are in Christ, a prohibition on quoting Bible verses (for whatever reason) should be no more a hindrance to speaking the Word of God than it was for our Lord.

And in some cases, quoting Bible verses is a hindrance to the Word of God (say, in the case of some poor soul who has been beaten over the head with 'Biblical' condemnation for a lifetime).

So we, too, must be prepared to relate to people where they are at. We must be steeped in the Word so that we are able to answer both the learned Bible-thumper and the poor soul in Spirit and in Truth.

Upvote 0

seeingeyes

Nov 29, 2011
Backwoods, Ohio
✟27,860.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lol oh Lord! I can see the mess THAT would cause! LOL!

Acts 19:32 Some therefore cried one thing, and some another: for the assembly was confused; and the more part knew not wherefore they were come together.
Matthew 18:7 Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!
Matthew 5:37 But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.

John 11:35 Jesus wept.

If you start a scripture-only thread, count me in. lol

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by brinny God bless you. I'm sure you tried, and i appreciate the effort. I'm certain these verses will bear fruit, for His Word never returns to Him void. It's almost like His Word supersedes our efforts and has a mind of its own.
4chsmu1.gif

Are you talking about this wonderful and beautiful sermon?

ScTV's Main Feature - "King of Kings - Sermon on the Mount" - YouTube

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

motherprayer

Elisha
Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
✟19,375.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
John 11:35 Jesus wept.

If you start a scripture-only thread, count me in. lol

LOL! I bet He DOES weep at the state of GT sometimes hehe
I should. But where, oh where, to start? We should start a "Guess the verse" thread, where one gives, say, half a verse, and then someone else has to guess it or something.
My husband and I once carried a whole conversation using Bible verses. It was pretty awesome actually :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Exactly.

And when we are in Christ, a prohibition on quoting Bible verses (for whatever reason) should be no more a hindrance to speaking the Word of God than it was for our Lord.

And in some cases, quoting Bible verses is a hindrance to the Word of God (say, in the case of some poor soul who has been beaten over the head with 'Biblical' condemnation for a lifetime).

So we, too, must be prepared to relate to people where they are at. We must be steeped in the Word so that we are able to answer both the learned Bible-thumper and the poor soul in Spirit and in Truth.

1 Samuel 14:6
Jonathan said to his young armor-bearer, “Come, let’s go over to the outpost of those uncircumcised men. Perhaps the Lord will act in our behalf. Nothing can hinder the Lord from saving, whether by many or by few.”

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Originally Posted by brinny

Exactly.

I agree. It has to do with love, doesn't it, and that lit is love that motivates us to speak at all?

Upvote 0

motherprayer

Elisha
Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
✟19,375.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Genesis 8:21 And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
2 Corinthians 2:15
For we are to God the pleasing aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing.

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;" ~Ecclesiastes 3:1-7
4chsmu1.gif

Upvote 0