• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

I have to get my gizzard taken out

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Miss Shelby, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miss Shelby

Miss Shelby Legend

+3,028
    Catholic
    Private
    Should I ask the doctor to put it in a jar for me so I can take it home?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. MikeK

MikeK Traditionalist Catholic

+5,502
    Catholic
    Married
    Are you a bird, a fish or a crocodile?

3. hsilgne

hsilgne Frustrated in Hooterville.

+1,209
    Catholic
    Married
    gizzard?

:sick:

4. MikeK

+5,502
    Catholic
    Married
    I would get a 2nd oppinion if I were you...

5. Miss Shelby

Miss Shelby Legend

+3,028
    Catholic
    Private
    humans have gizzards. They're called gall bladders. And you can eat them with Thanksgiving dinner.

6. Da_Funkey_Gibbon

Da_Funkey_Gibbon I'm just like the others...

+299
    Catholic
    Single
    They wanna take away your gall? But that's what makes you so cool. :(

7. Miss Shelby

Miss Shelby Legend

+3,028
    Catholic
    Private
    I KNOW. That's what I said. But looking at the bright side, maybe it will make me nicer.

8. MikeK

+5,502
    Catholic
    Married
    I thought gizzards were full of little stones and such thast ground up food and gallbladders made bile?

While your doctors are in that neighborhood, ask them to take out a bit of liver too. You old buddy Mike would like the comfort of knowing he has a backup liver out ther somewhere.

Prayers sent for a procedure without incident and a speedy recovery.

And no, they're not going to let you keep it. Jerks.

9. hsilgne

hsilgne Frustrated in Hooterville.

+1,209
    Catholic
    Married
    Ahh… GALLBLADDER. I’ve never heard it called a “gizzard” before.

My wife just had her gall bladder out at the end of July. It went really well. They can do it with laprascopy now. So they made 4 small incisions in her abdomen and “sliced the organ up and sucked it out”. That’s actually how the Dr explained it to us b4 the surgery.

She was in and out of the hospital the same day and she has recovered very quickly. As a matter of fact we went to an amusement park with the kids less than a week later. We walked around that park and rode on rides and she wasn’t bothered too much. Her incisions were tender but that’s about it.

Now she can eat normal again and she is very happy about that.

I will pray for you Michelle.

10. ZuZu

ZuZu Contributor

+1,517
    Seeker
    Private
    I had mine out about 5 or 6 years ago...it's so much easier than it used to be since they do it laproscopically. I feel so much better now and would do it again in an instant! Unfortunately I don't think the doctor will let you take it home in a jar.... I'll keep you in my prayers Michelle! :)

11. Apollo Celestio

Apollo Celestio Deal with it.

+1,259
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    US-Green
    I hope it goes well, and whatever problem it's causing ends..(Of course it will end if you remove it..) Err, back to generic well-wishing comments.

12. Smilin

Smilin Spirit of the Wolf

+242
    Atheist
    Married
    Wow...

I'm hoping it all goes well for you girlie, girl...

I hope you're not planning on having it for Thanksgiving either....

There goes my plans of mooching off of you for Turkey...errrrr Gizzard day...LOL:kiss: :kiss: :hug:

13. GraceInHim

GraceInHim † Need a lifeguard? Mine walks on water †

+871
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    hope for a speedy recovery :)

14. geocajun

geocajun Priest of the holy smackrament

+1,610
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    [​IMG]

Sorry to hear that, Michelle. I hope every goes well!

15. Veritas

Veritas 1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism

+2,681
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Libertarian

Hmmmm:scratch: .....then I'm all for it!:p

;)

16. geocajun

geocajun Priest of the holy smackrament

+1,610
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    You should try it too!

17. plainswolf

plainswolf Mark

+305
    Catholic

:hug:

:crossrc:

18. Aaron-Aggie

Aaron-Aggie Legend

+417
    Catholic
    Engaged
    we back on that eating people in anatartic agian?

19. Carrye

Carrye Weisenheimer

+713
    Catholic
    Single
    Mine's long gone and has been for many years ... more than half of my lifetime, actually. Losing my gallbladder has made me smarter. I mean, I know things now that I didn't know at 12. Direct correlation? I think so.

20. RoseofLima

RoseofLima Guest

+0
    It would make a nice addition to my collection of placentas in my freezer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.