• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

I have this feeling I should obey this

Discussion in '"My Two Cents Worth"' started by mikeforjesus, Nov 22, 2020 at 3:30 AM.

1. mikeforjesus

mikeforjesus Senior Member Supporter

+113
    Oriental Orthodox
    I think I should join the Orthodox Church and accept it may be the only true church or it could not be but said out of politics recently to make people believe in the church because if others convert to the Catholic Church while there is politics of them not accepting others they may think others are not saved

But it could be the only true church and I seek to be convinced by joining if God can confirm it is the only true church or if it can convince Catholic is too just to feel the presence of God and maybe I will see proofs otherwise I just have to assume it could be only true church. I could also visit the Catholic Church to be convinced of it

It could be there is salvation outside but we have to assume you need the church and it is for me to know more fully

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020 at 3:40 AM
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. mikeforjesus

+113
    Oriental Orthodox
    Probably I will not but just visit the Catholic Church

3. Aussie Pete

Aussie Pete Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,815
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    If you are born again, you are a member of the true church. God puts us into Christ, not a denomination. Before I knew enough to be programmed by denominationalism, I went to any church that I could. I was in the Navy and I did not have the luxury of picking and choosing. I went to Japan, Hawaii, Singapore, Hong Kong, The Philippines, Thailand, Malaysia and all around Australia. I found that Christians have far more in common than they have differences.

Don't fall for the religious arrogance of those who claim to be the only real church, as a Southern Baptist told me once. Find a church that has Lord Jesus as its centre. If it is alive in Christ, you will be blessed.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. Tolworth John

Tolworth John Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,286
    United Kingdom
    Non-Denom
    Married
    The church you attend belong to is up to you, but do follow the reasoning of the ' only true church '.
    If that is correct then All other churches and there attendees are false.
    There is no half way position if the Eastern orthodox is the only true church or the Southern Baptists are or any other group are, then everyone else is not a Christian.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. coffee4u

coffee4u Well-Known Member

+1,479
    Australia
    Christian
    Married
    Those who have confessed and believe are the body of the church. You will find born again believers in every established church, in small home churches and even people who never visit a church.

Romans 10:9-10 "That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved."

The church doesn't save you, Jesus does. Churches are just buildings filled with infallible people. Join a church because Jesus is at the centre and you are spiritually fed not because of claims of it being the only true church. Study the scripture and test the spirits always and if you feel drawn to the Eastern orthodox then join, but don't fall into the one true church trap.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Heavenhome

Heavenhome Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,726
    Australia
    Christian
    Single
    The only one true Church is the body of true believers and followers of Jesus Christ.

It was never, nor ever has been in any specific denomination, nor church building.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  7. mikeforjesus

+113
    Oriental Orthodox
    It is important we don’t let anything stumble us as it is said in Hebrews 6

Hebrews 6:1-12
    The Peril of Not Progressing
    1 Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary principles of Christ, let us go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God, 2 of the doctrine of baptisms, of laying on of hands, of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. 3 And this we will do if God permits.
    4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.
    7 For the earth which drinks in the rain that often comes upon it, and bears herbs useful for those by whom it is cultivated, receives blessing from God; 8 but if it bears thorns and briers, it is rejected and near to being cursed, whose end is to be burned.
    A Better Estimate
    9 But, beloved, we are confident of better things concerning you, yes, things that accompany salvation, though we speak in this manner. 10 For God is not unjust to forget your work and labor of love which you have shown toward His name, in that you have ministered to the saints, and do minister. 11 And we desire that each one of you show the same diligence to the full assurance of hope until the end, 12 that you do not become sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

8. mikeforjesus

+113
    Oriental Orthodox
    What if some people find some rest in the grave but do not enter the kingdom
    Yet the wicked have no rest because of what they did to others
    But if you repent of your sins and join the church you can be saved or get some rest

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020 at 11:15 AM
  9. Kenny'sID

Kenny'sID Well-Known Member Supporter

+6,371
    Christian
    Single
    John 14:21
    Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.

Jesus says nothing there about the right church because a church doesnt save you, but keeping Jesus's commandments does. We need to act right, and ask forgiveness when we don't. Or, we simply need to sincerily try to obey Christ.

As to the Catholic Church, unfortunately I cannot recommend them, as a matter if fact, I would recomnend you stay far away from their church. I have no doubt there is many a sincere Christian in the Catholic churhes, but we must look at what Jesus said, do they keep his commandments?

Though the Catholic church may appear very pretty and holy on the outside, just rember the child abuse that has gone on on their church. Also, it is clear they bow down to graven images, a blatant breaking of one of the commandments. They love their graven images, but beware, they will attempt to create an explanation for every wrong they do, so don't be fooled.

The other serios problems like homosexuality, you will need to do your own homework, but dont be fooled by huge buildings, or the holy look of it all, all that is just an outward cover, and it hides many a serious problem.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020 at 1:10 PM
    • List