Status
Not open for further replies.

Defender of the Faith 777

Apr 13, 2002
Visit site
✟2,076.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
These forums, not just these but all forums, have helped me SO much that I just need to take time to talk about this.

As weird as this sounds, probably 95% of all doctrines ranging from infralapsarianism/dispensationalism/the Trinitarian hypostatic union has been from these forums.  I owe my future to these forums, because not only would I still be Arminian *shudder  JK lol!* but I would lack knowledge of all aspects of Christianity. 

I learned to debate here.  I learned most of my doctrines here.  I learned apologetics here.  I cannot explain how I've grown from an intellectual standpoint as a result of these forums.  I'm still stunned about this. 

Now I want to go into the ministry, even author a book on apologetics.  I owe all my goals and dreams to just an internet message board.  Isn't that weird?  I can't believe that God would use something like THIS to be the adequate instrument of training for the ministry.  It really did the trick. 

Not only did I learn all I could ever dream about doctrine and apologetics here, but I also learned how to write a lot better!  There forums even helped me in my exodus from my anti-Calvinist views.  Just wanted to take time and tell everyone that all this means a lot to me.  TTYL Jesus loves you!

Defender,
I am only new to this site and hopefully I will learn as you have and be able to use information from this site to develop my faith further. My thoughts while reading your post was that no-one should base their beliefs on what they read on a web site. I think the bible must be the basis of your faith, the debates on a web site should be used to debate your interpretation of readings in the bible. From this the information can then be discussed with the minister/pastor/priest/etc from your Church to confirm that you are on track.
As for joining the ministry I think that is great IF that is where you are supposed to be. There are many areas of Ministry and normally people only succeed in their area of ministry when they have the specific gift/gifts required in that area. e.g. I have the gift of teaching as one of my gifts and therefore my area of Ministry is the Childrens Church as opposed to being a pastor/preacher. I do not have the gift of healing (at this point in time) and therefore I should not put myself into the area of Ministry where this gift is a requirement. Hopefully you will choose the area of Ministry where your gifts can be used and further enhanced.

As for a book, well if it is God inspired then write it and a publisher will become available and people will be able to use this book for the expansion/development of the Church. If it is not God inspired then you can write it anyway and it will probably be more diffiicult to cause anything significant to come from it.

Let me know the title when you have written it!!!!

Upvote 0

Defender of the Faith 777

Apr 13, 2002
Visit site
✟2,076.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
The title is Systematic Apologetics... I think.

I've written almost three chapters so far.

Mostly on Calvinism and the Trinity... *da da dum!*

My area is teaching too! Mostly discipling older men and women, around college/ high school level. Teaching at a seminary would be a fairy tale come true for me. TTYL Jesus loves you!

Upvote 0

Reformationist

Non nobis domine sed tuo nomine da gloriam
Mar 7, 2002
✟37,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Today at 01:19 PM Defender of the Faith 777 said this in Post #2 (http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?postid=708807#post708807)

Anyone else got a similar testimony?

Like Ref or s0uljah or someone?

Uhh...sorry bro. Your's is a great story but I have neither the patience nor the aptitude to feel comfortable being an ordained minister.

I will agree that these MB have caused me to deepen my study of God's Word which has definitely enhanced my relationship with Him.

Good luck bro!

God bless,
Don

Upvote 0

Blackhawk

Monkey Boy
Feb 5, 2002
Ft. Worth, tx
Visit site
✟22,925.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Defender,

I am very happy that you have had such a positive experience here. This is one of the main reasons why we have CF. The main reason is to give glory to God and a very big way we do that is by getting others excited about the one and only God of the universe. i was touched and blessed by your post. And good luck on your book and your future ministry.

Always remember to strive to know Christ. John said to know Christ is eternal life and Paul said that anything else besides knowing Him is dung.

Upvote 0

JesusServant

do not stray too far left nor right but CENTER
Dec 5, 2002
✟19,768.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Thanks defender. Even though my time here has been short, any positive words of encouragement are uplifting to my soul, let alone those of inspiration due to the hard work that many put into this site.

I only ask that you prayfully consider one thing. I am not saying you have bad theology, so don't take what I'm about to say out of context, but always keep an open mind to the Lord on the long beautifully challenging journey that God has before you. Sometimes we may think we're right on track but God sees that we're far from it. So when He speaks to your heart, and He will, as you probably already know, listen to Him. No matter what your brain or flesh says, He is trying to keep you from heartache that He forsees and you cannot. I tell you this because when I was your exact age I had a fire and vigor like you. But when several bad things happened in a row I did not listen to Him but ventured out on my own. I did not know it at the time, but I was mad at God for the things that transpired at that time. I'm not trying to rain on your parade nor downplay your happiness, but if I can but warn one young man that is in the place in life that I was and somehow make a difference with a word of encouragement and warning, then I'll sure try.

God bless you and yours Defender. You have the Master Card, don't leave home without Him! ;)

Here's a joke with some strong truth to it as well, you may have heard it. If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans! ;)

Upvote 0
MizDoulos
Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends. John 15:13 NKJV

From Matthew 5: 43"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor[8] and hate your enemy.' 44But I tell you: Love your enemies[9] and pray for those who persecute you, 45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Thought for today:
Is laying down ones life for an enemy better than for a friend.....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.