Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
I am a new christian i was born christian but kinda went off track by going to other faith and when i was going to church i never sought Jesus never prayed with true intent meaning every word in the prayer and believing in only Jesus

i have since been showed that Jesus will never abandon me and never leave me alone
i have abandonment issues due to people in my life going from my life

I now have said the Sinners prayer and i mean every single word i prayed there is only Jesus no one else who i want as my lord and savour and in him i will be born again and i have a new start in my christian journey and i believe in him my heart and soul complicatedly

God bless Joshua

Nov 16, 2017
Sabah
✟19,493.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I now have said the Sinners prayer
To seek God is not the same as seeking fish in the sea, you throw the bait and pray for sometimes for the fish to catch it. No way.

People seek educational degree and they learn for years at universities.

To seek God we need years of humility and meekness with forgiving hearts, the whole of our lives.

This is what God has to say regarding the people's daily life :
Romans 3:11 there is no one who understands; there is no one who seeks God.
12 All have turned away; they have together become worthless; there is no one who does good, not even one.…

Matt 7:7 Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Just try to fill each day with gratitude, humility and forgiving hearts.

Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am a new christian i was born christian but kinda went off track by going to other faith and when i was going to church i never sought Jesus never prayed with true intent meaning every word in the prayer and believing in only Jesus

i have since been showed that Jesus will never abandon me and never leave me alone

I now have said the Sinners prayer and i mean every single word i prayed there is only Jesus no one else who i want as my lord and savour and in him i will be born again and i have a new start in my christian journey and i believe in him my heart and soul complicatedly
Hi
That is the best single thing you have ever done. Well done! You are truly saved now. Pray lots, read christian books as well as the Bible. Watch Christian programmes and seek christian friends. It is essential to grow in faith, never stand still.
May the peace of Jesus Christ be with you. X

Reactions: JustRachel
Upvote 0

Noah Ark

May 28, 2018
New Heaven and New Earth
✟3,124.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i have a new start in my christian journey and i believe in him
Moses has wandered 40 years in the painstaking desert seeking God's will in his life.Through many rebellions, battles, plagues, deaths and hardships,

Internal rebellion

Nations wanted to wipe off the Hebrew

Deaths by plagues from God.

Wandering round and round for 40 years in the desert, seeking for God's guidance everyday, in humility and meekness, how would you feel to wander for just 4 months in the hot desert ? How about 4 years ? 10 years,
20 years, ....40 years ???

And still God didnt allow him to enter into the promised land.

and Joshua must replaced him to lead the Hebrew.

It was not the mighty beginning that determines the end, the Hebrew did the mighty crossing of the Red Sea, just as we did when we decided to leave the "world" and follow Jesus. After their victorious songs the wilderness of the desert was waiting for them and as soon as they faced the tests in the desert, many rebelled and failed to walk in humility, meekness and holiness.

Paul has expressed how much he has suffered, he wanted people to know :
2 Cor 11:23 ... I have worked much harder, been in prison more frequently, been flogged more severely, and been exposed to death again and again. 24 Five times I received from the Jews the forty lashes minus one. 25 Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was pelted with stones, three times I was shipwrecked, I spent a night and a day in the open sea, 26 I have been constantly on the move. I have been in danger from rivers, in danger from bandits, in danger from my fellow Jews, in danger from Gentiles; in danger in the city, in danger in the country, in danger at sea; and in danger from false believers. 27 I have labored and toiled and have often gone without sleep; I have known hunger and thirst and have often gone without food; I have been cold and naked. 28 Besides everything else, I face daily the pressure of my concern for all the churches. 29 Who is weak, and I do not feel weak?

Did we ever read Moses wrote something about his feeling ???

And how many times we quarelled and complained to God of our situation ?

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Your testimony seems real, Lily, and we are always glad to hear of one who receives the Lord Jesus into their heart (meditate on John 14). Keep walking and talking with Him, and reading your Bible ---make the Lord Jesus your best Friend! I think you were born a sinner, like all of us, and not "...born Christian" as you said. One who receives the Lord Jesus IS IN FACT "born again" and is now a "child of God" forever. If you would like some sound ministry, see the site each month at www.Biblecounsel.net. One can ask questions there. Ever in Christ, 1watchman

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

AvgJoe

Member since 2005
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2005
Texas
✟332,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

Amen and amen! Yes, it is all about Jesus, what He has done for us and our belief in Him.
  • We are made right in God’s sight when we trust in Jesus Christ to take away our sins. And we all can be saved in the same way, no matter who we are or what we have done. For God sent Jesus to take the punishment for our sins and to satisfy God’s anger against us. We are made right with God when we believe that Jesus shed His blood, sacrificing His Life for us. (Romans 3:22, 25)
  • For if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved. (Romans 10:9-10)
  • For anyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.(Romans 10:13)
_Lily_76, welcome to the family of God!

• Agree
Reactions: Call me Nic
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

While salvation is an event in a certain point in time, it is not just that. It is also a process. Being saved means giving up control of your life to Jesus, which when genuinely done, means deciding every day to put what Jesus wants for you above what you want for you. For those intertwined in our society, this can be quite difficult and/or painful (but it gets easier over the years).

“Therefore come out from them and be separate, says the Lord. Touch no unclean thing, and I will receive you.” “I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.” (2 Corinthians 6:17-18, 1984 NIV)

Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. (James 1:22, 1984 NIV)

Study the Bible with the purpose of knowing God through it. Acting on that knowledge will bring the power of God into your life for your benefit. Do not neglect searching your heart to know what the most important things to you are and persist in asking God for what you need most.

For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. “Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! (Matthew 7:8-11, 1984 NIV)

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,528.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
am a new christian i was born christian but kinda went off track by going to other faith and when i was going to church i never sought Jesus never prayed with true intent meaning every word

No one is "born Christian." Becoming a member of God's family, entering into a personal relationship with Him through faith in Jesus Christ, is not a matter of culture or family tradition. Jesus said, "You must be born again." Are you born again? Have you had a second spiritual birth? If not, you are not yet a Christian.

Jesus will never forsake his own. Are you one of his sheep? Have you trusted in him as your Saviour and submitted to him as your Lord? Have you turned from a life centered on you to a life centered on him? This is what is required to be one of his sheep.

Fantastic! Welcome, sister, to the family of God! Do you know how to walk with God? Do you know how to live as one of His children?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟470,561.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
i am having a very hard time at the moment with my mental health . my OCD is making things very hard to commit to being christian but i still am christian through out it all my husband has been amazing he is my new christian himself he got my pastor to talk to me to tell me that i am very unwell
i have to see my psych soon and am on medication that helps me get well but it may take time for me to be well am not so unwell that i need to go to hospital but i have been close to getting a bed in the hospital for a while because of things going on i have found Jesus and am not letting go of him

Upvote 0

Love &Forgiveness

Aug 30, 2018
US
✟18,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Upvote 0

Love &Forgiveness

Aug 30, 2018
US
✟18,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Faith in Jesus is about surrendering to Jesus. Faith is another work for trusting in Jesus. Why are you coming to Jesus? Those that want a new life come to Jesus. The new Life is about Love, humility, and selflessness. If you aren't statisfied in sin and in this world, Jesus offers a New Way that only He can Provide. The True Christian Life is upside-down from the way the world thinks.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟470,561.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
thank you Love&Forgiveness first of all welcome to the forum , yes you are right a true christians life is upside-down from the way the world is now i believe that Love is the key to our life with Jesus no matter what God loves us being christian is a gift from God praying is a way we say thank you giving praise is also a way we say thank you Jesus died for us to be able to see him again in heaven that is greatest gift we can ever have i keep focused on that its helps a lot am going to be doing bible study at my church this week looking forward to it learning more about Jesus really looking forward to it

Upvote 0