United states
✟17,042.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am currently in Christian counseling for inappropriate contentography addiction. I am trying to listen and read more biblical things.

I cannot defeat this addiction or habit. I feel as if I just don't care enough to defeat it, yet I am regretful after the deed has been done.

I don't understand, I don't understand why I act as if I don't believe when it comes to this habit. If I believe I would cease this behavior that is sinful and causes much pain. However, I do not stop it. Even though I believe I have sinned. It is as if there are two minds at work, the enemy's and God's.

I feel I don't care enough about God's voice when I am feeling temptation.

I am seeking guidance brothers and sisters, I listen to audiobooks and listen/read scripture, as well am in the early stages of counseling. Please Help.

• Prayers
Reactions: samylakes

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where do you see your sin in relationship with God? Do you see Jesus on one side of the room, your sin in the middle and you on the other side? Or do you see Jesus on the same side of the room with you empowering you by His Grace to break the cycle of sin?

Upvote 0

mm17162646

Aug 28, 2018
United states
✟17,042.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Where do you see your sin in relationship with God? Do you see Jesus on one side of the room, your sin in the middle and you on the other side? Or do you see Jesus on the same side of the room with you empowering you by His Grace to break the cycle of sin?

I fear I do not see him at all, at times. If I do picture this scenario I see him above the room while I am across the room from my sin.

I do everything I can to believe, I speak with God I read the word. I even attempt to set my mind to how God views the world. I feel I believe but I fear I am forcing myself to believe. I do not think I have been made new even after being saved and baptism.

I feel as a hypocrite.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I fear I do not see him at all, at times. If I do picture this scenario I see him above the room while I am across the room from my sin.

I do everything I can to believe, I speak with God I read the word. I even attempt to set my mind to how God views the world. I feel I believe but I fear I am forcing myself to believe. I do not think I have been made new even after being saved and baptism.

I feel as a hypocrite.
You are conducting an effort to get help. That just may be the conviction of God over your sin. I have prayed for you, that you will seek your first Love Christ Jesus and Cross. When things go crazy we are always to return to the Cross 'hug it' and get splinters in our fingers holding it so dearly. Interpretation? Everything in our lives must be Gospel focused.

I am seeking guidance brothers and sisters, I listen to audiobooks and listen/read scripture, as well am in the early stages of counseling. Please Help.
Good you like to read. Download or head to the library and read "A Gospel Centered Life" by Robert H. Thune and Will Walker. I read it just months ago in small group Bible study and wished I had many years ago. It will help you show that Justification by faith, our initial calling and salvation is by Grace and so is our walk in sanctification with Christ. The same Jesus and His Grace which called you to repentance and salvation is walking with you now. If such a Great Salvation saves us from the wrath and judgment to come, why do we feel this Salvation won't deliver us from the power of sin? Get the book and if you have any questions about it, let me know in a PM or here.

May Almighty God give you the strength to endure your trials, bring times of refreshing upon you and may the Grace and Peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.

Upvote 0

mm17162646

Aug 28, 2018
United states
✟17,042.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You are conducting an effort to get help. That just may be the conviction of God over your sin. I have prayed for you, that you will seek your first Love Christ Jesus and Cross. When things go crazy we are always to return to the Cross 'hug it' and get splinters in our fingers holding it so dearly. Interpretation? Everything in our lives must be Gospel focused.

Good you like to read. Download or head to the library and read "A Gospel Centered Life" by Robert H. Thune and Will Walker. I read it just months ago in small group Bible study and wished I had many years ago. It will help you show that Justification by faith, our initial calling and salvation is by Grace and so is our walk in sanctification with Christ. The same Jesus and His Grace which called you to repentance and salvation is walking with you now. If such a Great Salvation saves us from the wrath and judgment to come, why do we feel this Salvation won't deliver us from the power of sin? Get the book and if you have any questions about it, let me know in a PM or here.

May Almighty God give you the strength to endure your trials, bring times of refreshing upon you and may the Grace and Peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.

Thank you brother/sister in Christ! I will download this book immediately. God bless you. Thank you for taking the time to post here.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you brother/sister in Christ! I will download this book immediately. God bless you. Thank you for taking the time to post here.
It's brother redleg :) Redleg is an Artillerymen.

It is my honor to correspond with you. We are part of the same Body of Christ and must help each other out. Again any questions about the book or what it is saying in different parts please do not hesitate to PM me. If you don't have enough posts to PM me, let me know here and I will send you a note.

There is also a forum here at CF for sexual struggles:

Struggles with Sexuality

One also for addictions:

Addictions & Substances

And there is a private area where you can ask a CF staff chaplain personal questions and advice:

Chaplains Office

Which @Chaplain David is a member.

Reactions: mm17162646
Upvote 0

Speckofdust

Aug 5, 2019
Figueira da Foz
✟8,428.00
Country
Portugal
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Every time you feel tempted to look at inappropriate contentography remember these words of Jesus:

"28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell."
Matthew 5:28-29 (KJV)

Upvote 0

Willing-heart

In Christ Alone.
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2017
Gloucester
Visit site
✟221,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the book of Revelation, John had a real vision of the resurrected Christ Jesus, and he had seen the blood of Jesus flowing from His nail wounds. In the Bible, when John wrote that Jesus freed us by His precious blood, he did not have to imagine that blood. He simply remembered it vividly. In fact, If he lived to be million years old, he would never be able to erase the sight of that blood from his mind. Only the blood of Jesus saves, frees, and breaks the power of sin, shame, and addiction.

Defeating Addiction

Deal with Sin!

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
You have been given some good advice. My additions would be that bad habits are tough to break but with God's help it is indeed possible. Do not become discouraged because it is a battle. Pray for the people who are objectified in the inappropriate content you have seen. Pray that they and you might meet in heaven, where your relationship would be pure. Be doggedly persistent in getting up again as soon as you fail. God want's you to beat it and gives abundant aid.

Reactions: mm17162646
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am currently in Christian counseling for inappropriate contentography addiction. I am trying to listen and read more biblical things.

I cannot defeat this addiction or habit. I feel as if I just don't care enough to defeat it, yet I am regretful after the deed has been done.

I don't understand, I don't understand why I act as if I don't believe when it comes to this habit. If I believe I would cease this behavior that is sinful and causes much pain. However, I do not stop it. Even though I believe I have sinned. It is as if there are two minds at work, the enemy's and God's.

When I wasn't being a good boy
the Holy Spirit started to beat me up.
Bringing to my thoughts that
God was seeing everything that I was doing.
That hurts and is very embarrassing.
Feels good once we Repent.
Pray for the willingness to Repent.

Remember the Bible tells us
stop your sinning
or something worse may happen to you.

I have been there too many times
and it's not pretty.

As we work out our Salvation
with fear and trembling.

M-Bob

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mm17162646

Aug 28, 2018
United states
✟17,042.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

When I wasn't being a good boy
the Holy Spirit started to beat me up.
Bringing to my thoughts that
God was seeing everything that I was doing.
That hurts and is very embarrassing.
Feels good once we Repent.
Pray for the willingness to Repent.

Remember the Bible tells us
stop your sinning
or something worse may happen to you.

I have been there too many times
and it's not pretty.

As we work out our Salvation
with fear and trembling.

M-Bob
It's brother redleg :) Redleg is an Artillerymen.

It is my honor to correspond with you. We are part of the same Body of Christ and must help each other out. Again any questions about the book or what it is saying in different parts please do not hesitate to PM me. If you don't have enough posts to PM me, let me know here and I will send you a note.

There is also a forum here at CF for sexual struggles:

Struggles with Sexuality

One also for addictions:

Addictions & Substances

And there is a private area where you can ask a CF staff chaplain personal questions and advice:

Chaplains Office

Which @Chaplain David is a member.

I have begun reading this book, and it is outlining many things and many errors in my faith. I feel a stronger conviction already. I have a question brother, however it is not regarding the book.

I have told my significant other that I have watched inappropriate content and admitted this sin. However before this post I have already made the same error yet again. She has a broken trust of me already, and I fear only things to be worse off explaining I've done it again.

I'm starting to feel I should break off my relationship until I have gotten a grip on this addiction, and grown with Christ all the more.

My mind is clouded as to what the enemy is trying to get me to do.

Upvote 0

mm17162646

Aug 28, 2018
United states
✟17,042.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You have been given some good advice. My additions would be that bad habits are tough to break but with God's help it is indeed possible. Do not become discouraged because it is a battle. Pray for the people who are objectified in the inappropriate content you have seen. Pray that they and you might meet in heaven, where your relationship would be pure. Be doggedly persistent in getting up again as soon as you fail. God want's you to beat it and gives abundant aid.

Thank you for your reply and compassion. I'm wondering now as to what is my next move with my relationship, I've already admitted this error once to her but to do it again would destroy it all.

Not sure how to act in this regard, I've explained everything to her already however she does not understand the struggle and pray she never will.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,087.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

Well, good for you that you hate the addiction to inappropriate content. You are right that there are two minds at work, the enemy's and the Lord's. The Bible says that "Anyone who continues to sin becomes a slave to sin." The enemy is stronger than you, once he gets those chains on. But the Lord is infinitely stronger than Him. "He came to set the captives free."

The battle should not be to fight inappropriate content. That will be useless as you have seen over and over. The battle is to turn it all over to the Lord and let Hm set you free. Pray to give it all to Him. The Bible says that the Lord fights our battles for us. "Be still and see the salvation of the Lord."

A Christian resource that many have found helpful is the book Every Man's Battle. If you are a female there is Every Woman's Battle. I think there is a website associated with the books where you can maybe find some support and maybe an accountability partner. Also you might want to contact a pastor on this website for guidance for such.

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Thank you for your reply and compassion. I'm wondering now as to what is my next move with my relationship, I've already admitted this error once to her but to do it again would destroy it all.

Not sure how to act in this regard, I've explained everything to her already however she does not understand the struggle and pray she never will.
Is this someone you are married to? If so, you conduct your battle with inappropriate content alongside her, with her help and her prayers for you. If she will have you.

Your current state is disordered, and you are trying, with God's help, to reorder it as best you can. But some damage is already done. You know the stakes. You already know you cannot do this by yourself.

You need to recognize the near occasion of sin and avoid the near occasion of sin. Look for the triggers in your life and avoid those. Flee evil.

Do you know how to build willpower? Fast or abstain from some little thing. Then some bigger thing, so you can tell yourself you won't do something you want to do. That is how you will be able to walk away from inappropriate content, that and and recognizing what triggers you, and an abundance of God's grace. Someone confessing their sins does have access to that abundance. It's Jesus the good shepherd seeking you out to bring you home.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have begun reading this book, and it is outlining many things and many errors in my faith. I feel a stronger conviction already. I have a question brother, however it is not regarding the book.

I have told my significant other that I have watched inappropriate content and admitted this sin. However before this post I have already made the same error yet again. She has a broken trust of me already, and I fear only things to be worse off explaining I've done it again.

I'm starting to feel I should break off my relationship until I have gotten a grip on this addiction, and grown with Christ all the more.

My mind is clouded as to what the enemy is trying to get me to do.
I think on relational issues I would go to that 'ask a chaplain' in the private area. Even better speak with your pastor. If you do not have a church yet, I may be able to give you tools to find one with the ministries you need.

Also, do you belong to a church and if so are you in their recovery program. My church has two. One for just men (mostly veterans and military and police/fire types) and then one which is called "Celebrate Recovery." In Celebrate Recovery all are welcome no matter the habit or addiction. Most of the men in my veteran group have been exposed to inappropriate content, had inappropriate content addictions and also dealing with or have dealt with relational issues with their wives and families. So I've been in some very detailed and long one on one and group discussions on how each is dealing with or dealt with their inappropriate content addictions. I had one friend in the military while deployed go down to the burn pit with all his 'items' to view inappropriate content and watch it burn. Magazines, disks and thumb drives. He got rid of it all. Some have been known to wipe their hard drive clean and buy a new computer.

I'm no expert, but know prayer is always our first step. As part of that prayer first step is trusting in Christ to deliver us from the evils we struggle with or are addicted to. The same Trust we have when we are born again and God takes the heart of stone away and replaces it with a heart of flesh (soft heart). With that new nature we are exposed to our sins, trespasses and wickedness and call upon the Lord Jesus Christ in faith (trust) and repentance. We have to go back to that moment where the Gospel of Grace saves---going back to the Cross and Empty Tomb where we have our eternal life, go back there to our First Love Jesus Christ, and WITH HIM break the cycle of sin. What usually gets us in trouble is that (as you are reading the book) as we see the Cross growing larger in our lives (Sanctification) and become more aware of the Holiness of God, more sins (idols) we identify in our hearts, we tend to try to wrestle with them alone. Our new nature in Christ is abhorred that we have these things in our life. Instead of going to Him, we try to handle it ourselves and make ourselves 'worthy' to come to Him. But the failure in that is, we did not get to where we were in Christ by personal merit or effort. Christ paid it all on that cross and even now being justified by faith, it is that faith walking in repentance we need to call upon the Lord Jesus Christ to deliver us from----Trust Him. And if we Trust Him, we must do what He tells us to do.

He tells us to destroy all our idols (our sins) and crush them to dust. So we must destroy or remove what it is that is stumbling us along. Jesus won't come in your house and remove all of the things which you use to access inappropriate content. You must do that. Do that immediately. Get rid of it. This is walking by faith and that is important because the next struggle you will face you can't do only God can do...That is after years of viewing inappropriate content, your mind will remember the images and how you sought physical pleasure in it. Only our God can transform the mind. However how can we obey Him in this process? Immersion in His Holy Scriptures, fellowship with other believers in a church, being honest with your family and friends on what you are struggling with, and asking for prayers. Get involved in church run recovery groups and ministries. Above all put Christ above all.

I hope this helps, and will tell you there are no easy or overnight solutions to most addictions. Walk in faith and repentance, but above all make Christ Jesus and His Gospel the center of your life. He is Faithful and True to deliver us from evil.

Praying for you brother.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow, so important. The people involved in inappropriate content are victims in many ways. Truly realizing some of these people are in this business due to human trafficking should be sobering.

• Agree
Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0

samylakes

Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2019
Zwolle
✟24,406.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I'm praying for you, brother. I was struggling with this addiction as well and it took quite a while. Currently I'm feeling like I have more control over it and overcoming this demon. The thread already supplied a lot of useful information, but prayer is the most important. Keep doing that.

The bible tells us to flee temptation. So I tried to avoid any sort of media that would be mildly tempting. I tried to starve the demon.

When you get the feeling physically, flee physically. What I mean by that, is get away from the place you were feeling it. I always got the feeling when I was in bed and was in there for too long. I just had to get up and get away.

I felt the urge really went away, when it affected my relationship with my girlfriend at the time. We broke because I couldn't control myself. So don't get into that situation where your breakup breaks your addiction.

Upvote 0

Asphose

About my Father's buisness
Site Supporter
Nov 7, 2019
Zion
✟48,185.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

This happened to me quite recently, but after doing it again I realised that I wasn't fully equipt with the whole armour of God.

Ephesians 6:10-18
The Armor of God
10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Read this and make the changes.

Change the music you're listening to, the videos you watch and check the people around you. You really have to monitor what you let into your spirit.

Here's some advice, Your liberty in christ is dependant on your knowledge of the word of God. Have you/do you believe in receiving the holy spirit?

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Getting The Victory Over Sin. | Christian Forums

Upvote 0

Moses777

Child of God
Nov 7, 2019
Hockley
✟15,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Try fasting and prayer asking to get rid of it. Keep praying every time you fail. Beg God for mercy to get rid of it. Again and again. Focus on that. Keep your heart clean. Ask God as much as you need to, until it is gone.

Perseverance works in prayer.

Pray it in your heart, or whisper it outloud. God hears the thoughts of your heart, you can pray it all through the day in this manner.

Upvote 0