Ohio
✟204,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
baptism with water is an outward showing to others of an inward transformation, it is not necessary for salvation, once you accept Christ He baptizes you with His Spirit....I have a very personal relationship with Jesus and there is no question He is there, yet I have never had a water baptism

Clsikwe, I know your struggle for I have been there....watch this short video, let it soothe your soul with it's truth, and many blessings to you, brother

Reactions: Johnnz
Upvote 0

ExSoldier

ExSoldier41
Jan 10, 2017
Uk
✟15,375.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
im 22 years young. About last week I really had this feeling and I sat down and prayed and promised myself to get back on the correct path with God. Everyday since I've been reading and praying trying to talk to God. Before that, I've always felt like there is a demon or evil spirit in me. I asked why do I think negative thoughts? Why do I sin and sin and sin? Why is my mind formed to be so demonic and detrimental thinking? Through thinking all this, I still have kept my Christian background and just tell myself everyday God has my back. Now there's so much from my past that is coming back to me. Making my life stressful and personally it's hard. I had a point in my life where I told myself what if I am an omen and just a demon waiting to come out. But I know God is real and true. He has done so much for me and even brought me through the fires that I didn't even ask him too. This is a hard struggle and I feel I have no one to talk and confess to. I know what's wrong and everything revolves around that. I sit through small states of depression daily to ask myself why am I not a "good Christian?" There were times I've wanted to die because I felt as if I won't make it into Heaven anyways. I've started reading about keeping faith through hard times and to remember that God is with me[EDIT]. It's hard. I have no where to openly express how I feel other than here. The thoughts that run through my head, I feel as if only a demon can think this way. But I tell myself that the devil is just trying to break me. This is a fight Jesus has won for me already. How do I know if I've truly given myself to Jesus. In my adult and free-willed life I truly believe that I have confessed to the Lord and accepted him as my savior. But how do I know that it's true and just not this isn't a fake thing in my mind that I "think" I did? It's hard for me. It effects me with school, family, finances and most definitly my relationships. Anything to encourage or help me daily change my thinking of myself will help. Thank you to all.
Hi
You're not alone in these thoughts, many many Christians have the same problems. But here's the thing, only God truly knows what's going on in your life. It's good to talk about these things, but people will give you conflicting advice which can lead to more confusion. Be like David and enquire of the Lord, be patient and he will reveal to you the problem and solution. Bless you and continue to fight the goodfight

Upvote 0

Leevo

Feb 18, 2015
Tennessee
✟28,954.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
im 22 years young. About last week I really had this feeling and I sat down and prayed and promised myself to get back on the correct path with God. Everyday since I've been reading and praying trying to talk to God. Before that, I've always felt like there is a demon or evil spirit in me. I asked why do I think negative thoughts? Why do I sin and sin and sin? Why is my mind formed to be so demonic and detrimental thinking? Through thinking all this, I still have kept my Christian background and just tell myself everyday God has my back. Now there's so much from my past that is coming back to me. Making my life stressful and personally it's hard. I had a point in my life where I told myself what if I am an omen and just a demon waiting to come out. But I know God is real and true. He has done so much for me and even brought me through the fires that I didn't even ask him too. This is a hard struggle and I feel I have no one to talk and confess to. I know what's wrong and everything revolves around that. I sit through small states of depression daily to ask myself why am I not a "good Christian?" There were times I've wanted to die because I felt as if I won't make it into Heaven anyways. I've started reading about keeping faith through hard times and to remember that God is with me[EDIT]. It's hard. I have no where to openly express how I feel other than here. The thoughts that run through my head, I feel as if only a demon can think this way. But I tell myself that the devil is just trying to break me. This is a fight Jesus has won for me already. How do I know if I've truly given myself to Jesus. In my adult and free-willed life I truly believe that I have confessed to the Lord and accepted him as my savior. But how do I know that it's true and just not this isn't a fake thing in my mind that I "think" I did? It's hard for me. It effects me with school, family, finances and most definitly my relationships. Anything to encourage or help me daily change my thinking of myself will help. Thank you to all.

Watch a man by the name of Todd White, his talks are long but well worth watching. He helped me to see that I am a son of the Most High and that God sees me completely different. HE LOVES US! Be cautious when dealing with feelings. It isn't about feelings but trusting in who God says that we are. We were the joy set before Him.

PS. Feel free to message me if you would like to talk, I have experienced this sort of doubt recently and know what it feels like.

Upvote 0

yuppers

Mar 25, 2014
Alberta
✟41,114.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Are you part of a Christian community? If not that's something you should really look into trying to find. Join a church and start to get involved. Life shouldn't be lived alone. I don't think god created us to live out our Christian faith by ourselves either. If you spend a significant amount of time in your own thoughts satan can easily start to twist some of those into negative ones. If you don't stop those bad thoughts quick they slowly start to build up and before you know it you have all negative thoughts. My advice is you have to really make an effort to get in contact with more encouraging people and have those doubts slowly be replaced with Gods truth about who you really are. Loved, cared for, a new creation, forgiven.

Upvote 0
Jan 5, 2017
San Francisco
✟15,588.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
im 22 years young. About last week I really had this feeling and I sat down and prayed and promised myself to get back on the correct path with God. Everyday since iI've been reading and praying trying to talk to God. Before that, I've always felt like there is a demon or evil spirit in me. I asked why do I think negative thoughts? Why do I sin and sin and sin? Why is my mind formed to be so demonic and detrimental thinking? Through thinking all this, I still have kept my Christian background and just tell myself everyday God has my back. Now there's so much from my past that is coming back to me. Making my life stressful and personally it's hard. I had a point in my life where I told myself what if I am an omen and just a demon waiting to come out. But I know God is real and true. He has done so much for me and even brought me through the fires that I didn't even ask him too. This is a hard struggle and I feel I have no one to talk and confess to. I know what's wrong and everything revolves around that. I sit through small states of depression daily to ask myself why am I not a "good Christian?" There were times I've wanted to die because I felt as if I won't make it into Heaven anyways. I've started reading about keeping faith through hard times and to remember that God is with me[EDIT]. It's hard. I have no where to openly express how I feel other than here. The thoughts that run through my head, I feel as if only a demon can think this way. But I tell myself that the devil is just trying to break me. This is a fight Jesus has won for me already. How do I know if I've truly given myself to Jesus. In my adult and free-willed life I truly believe that I have confessed to the Lord and accepted him as my savior. But how do I know that it's true and just not this isn't a fake thing in my mind that I "think" I did? It's hard for me. It effects me with school, family, finances and most definitly my relationships. Anything to encourage or help me daily change my thinking of myself will help. Thank you to all.
I understand what yoi are

Upvote 0
Jan 5, 2017
San Francisco
✟15,588.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
im 22 years young. About last week I really had this feeling and I sat down and prayed and promised myself to get back on the correct path with God. Everyday since iI've been reading and praying trying to talk to God. Before that, I've always felt like there is a demon or evil spirit in me. I asked why do I think negative thoughts? Why do I sin and sin and sin? Why is my mind formed to be so demonic and detrimental thinking? Through thinking all this, I still have kept my Christian background and just tell myself everyday God has my back. Now there's so much from my past that is coming back to me. Making my life stressful and personally it's hard. I had a point in my life where I told myself what if I am an omen and just a demon waiting to come out. But I know God is real and true. He has done so much for me and even brought me through the fires that I didn't even ask him too. This is a hard struggle and I feel I have no one to talk and confess to. I know what's wrong and everything revolves around that. I sit through small states of depression daily to ask myself why am I not a "good Christian?" There were times I've wanted to die because I felt as if I won't make it into Heaven anyways. I've started reading about keeping faith through hard times and to remember that God is with me[EDIT]. It's hard. I have no where to openly express how I feel other than here. The thoughts that run through my head, I feel as if only a demon can think this way. But I tell myself that the devil is just trying to break me. This is a fight Jesus has won for me already. How do I know if I've truly given myself to Jesus. In my adult and free-willed life I truly believe that I have confessed to the Lord and accepted him as my savior. But how do I know that it's true and just not this isn't a fake thing in my mind that I "think" I did? It's hard for me. It effects me with school, family, finances and most definitly my relationships. Anything to encourage or help me daily change my thinking of myself will help. Thank you to all.
I understand what yoi are
I understand what you are going through. Let your mind be still in the Knowledge of our Lord. The better our relationship is with Christ, the less alone his children feel. Given the gravity of your Thoughts, it seems to me that you are suffering the spirtual deficit caused by not knowing The Lord. We Christians must understand that reading the word is our only hope of developing a relationship with God. We learn who God is by how he interacts with the various peopole featured in our Bible. Then, when you pray to him you will know his voice as he responds to you in the unwaivering character he has always posessed. Do not let Satan fool you. He flees from the light emitted by the word of God. It burns his wreched soul. In fact, it is the light of God's truth that burns away all evil. Be cleansed, and free in the name of Jesus! Amen.

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
You might find this helpful.

A Definite Maybe?

Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.

Romans 5:1-5

Samuel Goldwyn, the movie producer and co-founder of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, was known for his malapropisms – amusing statements resulting from the use of incongruous or contradictory words. A story goes that when someone urged him to come to a decision about a project, Goldwyn replied: ‘True, I’ve been a long time making up my mind, but now I am giving you a definite answer. I won’t say yes and I won’t say no, but I am giving you a definite maybe.’

Whimsy aside, that’s perhaps the best that can be offered to us on a whole host of issues – a definite maybe.

In some cases, lack of certainty on our part can be bound up with personal insecurity or a self-worth that has been undermined in damaging ways. But these days, even assertive, self-confident people find it hard to be sure, or at least say they are. For that smacks of intolerance, doesn’t it? The entire drift of our culture makes it unacceptable to say ‘I am sure’, particularly when it comes to issues of faith.

Read again Paul’s words at the start of Romans 5.

Just what is it that flows from being justified? Not merely some vague, warm ‘spiritual’ experience, but peace with God, access to God. And how has this come about? Not through attainment to a higher level of consciousness or through anything we can bring to the table (as Paul has made clear in the previous chapters of Romans), but through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Since God has declared us ‘right’ in the present, that verdict will stand on the last day. Even in the face of suffering, then, we have hope. Here, as elsewhere in the Bible, hope is not some vague wish-fulfilment. Hope involves looking forward to the future with confidence, because it’s a future that Christ himself has secured for us.

At the bottom line of it all, and the ultimate basis of Paul’s confidence, is God’s love – not merely shown to us, but ‘poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit’, a sign of his ongoing commitment to us. It’s a love, Paul will say later, from which nothing can separate us (Romans 8:37-39).

If any of this was down to us, we’d have room for doubt. As it is, our confidence lies elsewhere. Peace, hope, love. Not maybe, but definitely.

Antony Billington
LIIC

Upvote 0

CIsikwe

Jan 9, 2017
Houston
✟15,980.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Great video. I ended up watching another one and it helps soothe my mind. The video talked about how God, Jesus and the Spirit are one. And my relationship grows through the relationship with Jesus which those three cannot be separated. (Correct me if I'm not having a great understanding of this please!)

baptism with water is an outward showing to others of an inward transformation, it is not necessary for salvation, once you accept Christ He baptizes you with His Spirit....I have a very personal relationship with Jesus and there is no question He is there, yet I have never had a water baptism

Clsikwe, I know your struggle for I have been there....watch this short video, let it soothe your soul with it's truth, and many blessings to you, brother

Upvote 0

CIsikwe

Jan 9, 2017
Houston
✟15,980.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I want a relationship with Christ and to repent, confess and accept Jesus as my Lord and Savior. I need help on not the reassurance but my heart to be whole and know that this is what I am doing. I feel lost as if I end up confessing and asking all the time. I want to know that yes, this is real. This is the relationship I have and want to grow and worship righteously. Any advice?

Upvote 0

PropheticTimes

Lord Have Mercy
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2015
Ohio
✟204,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Accept the forgiveness already given to you by Christ's work on the cross. Then read. Read the gospel of John and the rest of the New Testament. Then re-read it. Then re-read it again. The point is to get God's Word, the Holy Scriptures, into your heart. Repetition is a powerful learning tool. As you read God will open the eyes of your heart to more and more truth and you will grow closer and closer to Him.

I recommend a good study Bible. I use this one - Fire Bible: Global Study Edition: New International Version: Donald C. Stamps, John Wesley Adams: 9781598564792: Amazon.com: Books and I really love the study notes in it, it helps to open understanding.

And - VERY IMPORTANT - always keep in mind, it's a journey. Take one step at a time and understand there will be growing pains. God says if you go closer to Him, He will come closer to you. He knows your heart better than you do. Your desire to know Him makes Him smile and won't go unrewarded. It's a learning process, a sometimes agonizingly slow process, but this process, over time, will mold and shape you, so let it happen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CIsikwe

Jan 9, 2017
Houston
✟15,980.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wow. Thank you. The last part helped a lot. In my life, I've always grown up and was pressured into immediate change. That took a told on myself to make me wonder is there something wrong with me for not having the ability to change. What eases my mind is that I know this journey isn't easy. I know I will make a numerous amount of mistakes but I do understand and truly believe God is forgiving and merciful. I believe it is the view and mindset of having immediate satisfaction that I need to change. I have a tendency to worry and my worries consume my mind every secon of the day. Like a dark cloud pouring rain and following me but not always raining. Thanks everyone for your support.

Accept the forgiveness already given to you by Christ's work on the cross. Then read. Read the gospel of John and the rest of the New Testament. Then re-read it. Then re-read it again. The point is to get God's Word, the Holy Scriptures, into your heart. Repetition is a powerful learning tool. As you read God will open the eyes of your heart to more and more truth and you will grow closer and closer to Him.

I recommend a good study Bible. I use this one - Fire Bible: Global Study Edition: New International Version: Donald C. Stamps, John Wesley Adams: 9781598564792: Amazon.com: Books and I really love the study notes in it, it helps to open understanding.

And - VERY IMPORTANT - always keep in mind, it's a journey. Take one step at a time and understand there will be growing pains. God says if you go closer to Him, He will come closer to you. He knows your heart better than you do. Your desire to know Him makes Him smile and won't go unrewarded. It's a learning process, a sometimes agonizingly slow process, but this process, over time, will mold and shape you, so let it happen.

Upvote 0

PropheticTimes

Lord Have Mercy
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2015
Ohio
✟204,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You are welcome.

Johnnz, who replied to this thread, has been my spiritual mentor for over a year now and has helped me tremendously in my walk and growth in Christ. I'm sure he wouldn't mind you tossing any questions his way :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Answered prayer will help. See Below.

Upvote 0

PropheticTimes

Lord Have Mercy
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2015
Ohio
✟204,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Keep in mind John is in New Zealand so the time difference must be kept in mind when considering replies. I am in the US (Ohio to be exact, John is 18 hours ahead of me o_O) and would be more than happy to help with any questions as I can. My direct email is purecat@wowway.com :)

Upvote 0

dhh712

Mrs. Calvinist Dark Lord
Jul 16, 2013
Gettysburg
✟34,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
There were times I've wanted to die because I felt as if I won't make it into Heaven anyways.
Why? What do you think you have to do in order to get there?

How do I know if I've truly given myself to Jesus.
What do you think this means?

iIn my adult and free-willed life I truly believe that I have confessed to the Lord and accepted him as my savior. But how do I know that it's true and just not this isn't a fake thing in my mind that I "think" I did?
Do you trust that Jesus' work upon the cross was sufficient for you salvation? Do you accept him as your Lord too, and not only your Saviour? Has your life changed in any way since knowing that Jesus is your Saviour?

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know if this will help you but it helped me. And I will try my best to explain. The bible says "we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities , against powers the rulers of the darkness" Eph 6:12 also 1Cor 10 Tells us to take every thought captive. ....Meaning that demons do speak thoughts, not saying you are possessed. Demons goal is to cause you to bite, meaning allow what they suggested to become a root then a tree in your mind. One day I was having a heated discussion with my spouse and I was being so plain and clear, really I was, and I kept thinking God why doesn't he understand what I am saying, it's so simple. As I'm sitting there I began to visually see something I have never seen before. I kept rubbing my eyes, blinking, looking away, but it didn't go away. The best way to explain it is there was these black mists swarming around my husbands head, they would swarm around him, about three of the and fly literally through his head. They would fly thru, swarm around with force and keep doing the same. As I watched this saying nothing, I noticed everytime my husband spoke it was if they wrapped around his head, when he quit speaking the would begin the swarm attack again. What I gained by seeing this is that I truly saw them doing the work of confusing him and distorting the truth. No he wasnt possessed they was simply doing what their task is to do.....hoping by messing with his mind that he would allow the thought to stay there and not fight it. Thats how they gain entrance, they suggest things that are not true. I know this sounds far fetched but this is what makes sense to me concerning the scripture to TAKE EVERY THOUGHT CAPTIVE AND BRING IT (YOUR MIND) TO THE OBEDIENCE OF CHRIST. Hope this helped give you a mental picture into the unseen world. Rebuke and control by not allowing it.

Upvote 0