sg
✟217,541.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In another thread, I saw plenty of links that used Grace Evangelical Society (GES).

They appear to really love the Gospel of John and it seems their core belief is that John contains the same gospel as Paul's gospel, that salvation is also by faith alone apart from works of any kind (Romans 4:5)

I was curious about their beliefs and I found out the wikipedia link that states

As the representative of the GES in public debates, Dr. Wilkin has engaged Progressive Dispensationalist and former president of the Evangelical Theological Society, Darrell Bock, and the Calvinist apologist and writer James White.

This is the first time I have encountered this term "Progressive Dispensationalism".

It appears to be the middle ground between Covenant Theology CT and Mid Acts dispensationalism MAD

Anyone in this sub forum would consider themselves one of this or know a lot about them?

How would you summarize their key doctrines and the differences between them and CT or MAD?

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,541.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Welcome d taylor.

I used the term Acts 2 dispy to you in the past. After that, in that thread about assurance of salvation, Assurance of Salvation according to John..., I realized it is not a very clear and accurate statement of what you believed in.

Would it be more accurate now to classify you as a progressive dispensationalist instead?

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Welcome d taylor.

I used the term Acts 2 dispy to you in the past. After that, in that thread about assurance of salvation, Assurance of Salvation according to John..., I realized it is not a very clear and accurate statement of what you believed in.

Would it be more accurate now to classify you as a progressive dispensationalist instead?

For me no, as i do not know what progressive dispensationalism actually believe.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,541.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For me no, as i do not know what progressive dispensationalism actually believe.

But you do accept that GES has engaged Dr Brock as their representative in public debates?

So if Brock is a known progressive dispensationalist, wouldn't that imply GES has that as their core doctrine as well?

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
But you do accept that GES has engaged Dr Brock as their representative in public debates?

So if Brock is a known progressive dispensationalist, wouldn't that imply GES has that as their core doctrine as well?

Do not know who that is so again, labeling myself as a certain type of dispensation type of believer has not been a focus of mine.

So i will leave it at that, If you want you can contact Grace Evangelical Society and ask them what do they follow concerning dispensation's ges@faithalone.org

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,541.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do not know who that is so again, labeling myself as a certain type of dispensation type of believer has not been a focus of mine.

So i will leave it at that, If you want you can contact Grace Evangelical Society and ask them what do they follow concerning dispensation's ges@faithalone.org

Interesting that you quote extensively from GES and yet unaware of and uninterested in the role of Brock in that society?

Alright then, thanks for sharing.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,541.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I did send an email to them asking about their latest podcast about sheep and goats judgement, which I made a thread here

Let's see how they will respond.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,541.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have never heard of the name Brock, The names i am familiar with from Grace Evangelical society: Zane Hodges (decesed) Bob Wilkin, Shawn Lazar, Ken Yates

Yes, this last sentence in wiki does not seem to have a proper reference but I will wait and see whether it can be verified by others

As the representative of the GES in public debates, Dr. Wilkin has engaged Progressive Dispensationalist and former president of the Evangelical Theological Society, Darrell Bock, and the Calvinist apologist and writer James White.

But Bob Wilkin has definitely claimed that he is a dispensationalist, and we know he is neither Acts 28 nor mid Acts.

So by elimination, it appears to be progressive dispy since many of his views are similar to Brock.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In another thread, I saw plenty of links that used Grace Evangelical Society (GES).

They appear to really love the Gospel of John and it seems their core belief is that John contains the same gospel as Paul's gospel, that salvation is also by faith alone apart from works of any kind (Romans 4:5)

I was curious about their beliefs and I found out the wikipedia link that states

This is the first time I have encountered this term "Progressive Dispensationalism".

It appears to be the middle ground between Covenant Theology CT and Mid Acts dispensationalism MAD

Anyone in this sub forum would consider themselves one of this or know a lot about them?

How would you summarize their key doctrines and the differences between them and CT or MAD?
I , just googled those 2 words and you will find a diagram as to went it appeared , nothing NEW !!

dan p

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
which diagram is that?
I looked to see if I could find it again and did not find it !

Progressive Dispensationanlism is an attempt to walk a middle path between Traditional Dispensationalism and Covenant Theology .

dan p

Reactions: Guojing
Upvote 0