• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I have BPD and my life is chaotic

quartzy

Jul 21, 2010
London, UK
✟19,828.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes I have BPD which is OK in itself but my life is not right. I know I need to change it but how, when all I do is worry about what needs doing. I need to stop smoking, go out every day. I need to work, travel, eat properly and improve my health I am now 60.
But it is like I have no idea on where to begin. Everyday I am plagued by health issues of one sort or another today it is dizziness from middle ear infection, I am afraid to go back to my doctor as they do not take me seriously but I dont know how to get rid of this infection on its own, as I have had it for 5 weeks. Getting dressed is a problem of dressing warm enough in this cold weather and walking outside when I panic and cant breathe is another. Has anyone else took hold of their life and sorted it out? I just have no interest in relationships at this time I need to look after me then I can learn to love as God wants me too.

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
when I panic and cant breathe is another.
You can not breathe because you have to empty your lungs. They taught me to exhale for twice as long as you inhale. Once you learn how to exhale then it is a lot easier to inhale. Of course somewhere along the way you have to decide if you want to live or not and it you want to live you will need to quit smoking. I quit after 40 years. If I had not then I would not be here having this conversation with you. They have exercise programs at the hospital that you can go through and they can teach you what you need to do. Hopefully your insurance will cover it.

To clear your ear you need to do like they teach you on the airplane. Yawn and do chewing motions with your jaw. That will help to drain the tube in your ear. They say that people that chew gum have less ear infections.

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes I have BPD which is OK in itself but my life is not right. I know I need to change it but how, when all I do is worry about what needs doing. I need to stop smoking, go out every day. I need to work, travel, eat properly and improve my health I am now 60.
But it is like I have no idea on where to begin. Everyday I am plagued by health issues of one sort or another today it is dizziness from middle ear infection, I am afraid to go back to my doctor as they do not take me seriously but I dont know how to get rid of this infection on its own, as I have had it for 5 weeks. Getting dressed is a problem of dressing warm enough in this cold weather and walking outside when I panic and cant breathe is another. Has anyone else took hold of their life and sorted it out? I just have no interest in relationships at this time I need to look after me then I can learn to love as God wants me too.
I am sorry you are suffering so much. I also have BPD and it can cause extreme stress and emotional pain. I hope you are feeling better and that your infection is healing.

Upvote 0