• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I Have a Sexual Addiction

HoneyBee

Prodigal Daughter
Site Supporter
Feb 19, 2017
West Coast
✟198,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have the feeling that I have spoken about this before on the forums, but I wanted to start a new thread for this because I'm really trying to quit now.

I have an addiction to looking at inappropriate things online and this seems to go hand in hand with me having struggles with masturbation. This is something that still feels so shameful to talk about, and for good reason. This shame means that I still have a want to stop doing this. I want to be free of this disgusting addiction that I have. Every single time that I do or look at such things, I always feel disgusting and revolted at what I just participated in.

I want to be released from my sins. Were it not for these sins that I struggle with, I would be a lot less worried and nervous within my every day life. These behaviors are a source of anxiety for me and I hate it. I feel chained and imprisoned. I just want for this all to stop.

I'm praying to Jesus to ask Him to help me break free of these addictions. They are an actual sickness; I understand this now. I'm just so sick of this.

I've been trying to stop for a few months now, but I keep slipping up. I wish I could rely on someone offline to help me with this addiction, but I can't. There's too much risk and shame involved. Thus I'm coming on here for support. I hope maybe I'll be able to get some support if I ask nicely.

So, what do you all think?

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,006,095.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Please quit the inappropriate content and other erotic images. It'll only deceive you into a false sense of arousal. As for masturbation, I do believe that is okay unto itself, but only as a tool for gaining relief from one's libido.

Upvote 0

HoneyBee

Prodigal Daughter
Site Supporter
Feb 19, 2017
West Coast
✟198,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Please quit the inappropriate content and other erotic images. It'll only deceive you into a false sense of arousal. As for masturbation, I do believe that is okay unto itself, but only as a tool for gaining relief from one's libido.
For me, masturbation and inappropriate contentographic images are too closely linked at this point, plus masturbation is still a sin within the Christian denomination that I am a part of, so I'm doing my best to try and let them both go slowly but surely. It's difficult, but I have to try.

Upvote 0