Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A few years ago I was watching the history channel. It was talking about slavery and pointing out that all the infrastructure of all the world empires was build by slave labor. At the cost of hundreds of millions of lives. Then they said. Except one empire and historians and "scholars" cannot figure out why. The Medo\Persian empires infrastructure was built on paid labor, not slave labor. They then just continued on talking about the horrors of all this.

That is the riddle. Why?

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Because Zoroastrianism, the religion of the Persians, is the true religion?
I did not know that Zoroastrianism was not big on slavery. There are a lot of odd things about the Persians of those days. Some things I have read about the religion of the Medo-Persian empire seems to indicate they still had some kind of foundation in thier ancester Noah’s religion. Or like melchisedeck, who was a Cannanite.
The answer I was looking for though was because Daniel was the prime minister at first.
I wonder why the history channel did not know their religion frowned on slavery?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Northbrook

No sé vivir sin Dios
Jul 19, 2018
Chicago
✟39,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I did not know that Zoroastrianism was not big on slavery. There are a lot of odd things about the Persians of those days. Some things I have read about the religion of the Medo-Persian empire seems to indicate they still had some kind of foundation in thier ancester Noah’s religion. Or like melchisedeck, who was a Cannanite.
The answer I was looking for though was because Daniel was the prime minister at first.
I wonder why the history channel did not know their religion frowned on slavery?

Hi, Daniel,

My comment on Zoroastrianism was supposed to be a joke *smile*. You had said, guess the riddle, and that was the only Persian thing I could think of! Please do not think that Zoroastrianism "was not big on slavery." I have no idea what it teaches about slavery...as I said above, I was just trying to make a joke.

Sincerely,

Northbrook

Upvote 0

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi, Daniel,

My comment on Zoroastrianism was supposed to be a joke *smile*. You had said, guess the riddle, and that was the only Persian thing I could think of! Please do not think that Zoroastrianism "was not big on slavery." I have no idea what it teaches about slavery...as I said above, I was just trying to make a joke.

Sincerely,

Northbrook
I looked it up. It wasnt big on slavery. Was a surprise to me. It’s also monotheistic. Another surprise to me. I coupled that with the things I read about the Medo\ Persian kings. Which I would not have the faintest idea where I read them. And from what little I know they may in fact have done what no others had done. Hold on to, or at least hold on to as tradition things handed down from Noah.
Now I know that there are some indigenous cultures that were never conquered by an idolatrous empire that managed to keep some connection to God. Once they were conquered or became an empire though they would all turn into idolaters.

So Maybe maybe not. That’s just my first reaction knowing literally nothing about Z. But it’s a curiosity to look into.

If you ever want to read a classic Christian book that all Christians should read. Find a copy of Eternity in Thier Hearts.
https://www.amazon.com/Eternity-Their-Hearts-Don-Richardson/dp/0764215582

It catologs a bunch of indigenous peoples who managed to keep some connection to the one true God and waited for centuries for the white men with the white book that would tell them how to once more be reconciled to the one true God of their ansestors whom they have offended and sinned against. And what happened when the men with the book showed up. My favorite one was I think was the Hmong. Thier prophets told them of the white man with the white book for centuries. Then a missionary showed up in the lowlands and their seer said they have come. He let loose a donkey and said just follow him. He’ll take you to them. The donkey leads them to a new mission compound were the missionary is digging a well. They kidnapped him. He told them the Gospel story. They immediately received it and soon sent out their own missionaries to all the hill tribes. Unfortunilty a lot of Hmong perished fighting the communist along America’s side in SE Asia. They are some of the most persecuted people’s on earth now. Been a long time since I read it so I may get some details wrong.

Upvote 0