✟34,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I have a question,
When we dream of dearly departed love ones and in the dream they speak to us like a living person, even approaching subjects that are relevant to you in the moment. Do you think it's them or is God trying to comfort us?
Thanks
Ronit

Reactions: Tone

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I have a question,
When we dream of dearly departed love ones and in the dream they speak to us like a living person, even approaching subjects that are relevant to you in the moment. Do you think it's them or is God trying to comfort us?
Thanks
Ronit

I couldn't answer your question since I haven't experienced such dreams. I wish I could, because I just lost two very young family members. My condolences to you and any else who are grieving...He is our Comfort.

I believe that my cousin Crystal did speak to me through certain means right after I found out she had passed, though I was awake! It really touched me and I began to weep and let her know that I got the message. I believe it can be a joint effort between the passed and their maker.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment. —Hebrews 9:27

I don’t believe it is the person themselves. The Lord may use their image to convey a message you’ll understand or provide comfort. Your subconscious may conjure them in a dream state. Or it may hail from the evil one to seduce you into reaching out.

God permitted Samuel to address Saul when he visited the witch. But outside of that scenario the bible is explicit on the subject.

Do not turn to mediums or necromancers; do not seek them out, and so make yourselves unclean by them: I am the Lord your God. —Leviticus 19:31

If a person turns to mediums and necromancers, whoring after them, I will set my face against that person and will cut him off from among his people. —Leviticus 20:6

A man or a woman who is a medium or a necromancer shall surely be put to death. They shall be stoned with stones; their blood shall be upon them. —Leviticus 20:27

Anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer or a charmer or a medium or a necromancer or one who inquires of the dead, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord. —Deuteronomy 18:9-12

And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds. —2 Corinthians 11:14-15

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. —1 John 4:1

~Bella

Reactions: Palmfever
Upvote 0

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have a question,
Thanks
Ronit

My Dad came to me in a dream and had a frank talk with me, I was being a jerk because him and my mom died. My Dad set me straight like his way was and I no doubt it was him. I can still remember the dream I was relaxing on a beach sitting at a table and my Dad comes to the table dressed in his work clothes and stuck out his finger at me like he always did when I was not behaving or being mouthy. I actually felt my Dad's presence for two weeks after he died and one day I heard my dad tell me he had to go and God would take care of me.

When my Grandpa died (my Dad's dad) my dad seen my grandpa at the end of the bed and waved bye at that moment my uncle came over and told my Dad that my Grandpa had died.

Upvote 0

Ronit

Jul 29, 2017
Oregon
✟34,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I couldn't answer your question since I haven't experienced such dreams. I wish I could, because I just lost two very young family members. My condolences to you and any else who are grieving...He is our Comfort.

I believe that my cousin Crystal did speak to me through certain means right after I found out she had passed, though I was awake! It really touched me and I began to weep and let her know that I got the message. I believe it can be a joint effort between the passed and their maker.
I had a similar dream about my late Aunt 3 years ago. I was falling into a deep depression as we were close. She came to me in my dream and comforted me. So that is why I ask

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I had a similar dream about my late Aunt 3 years ago. I was falling into a deep depression as we were close. She came to me in my dream and comforted me. So that is why I ask

Within minutes of finding out about my closest cousin, my eyes randomly fell on the phrase and definition of "Whole tone" from a cultural literacy dictionary. I had never even heard of it before.

I was wondering if she was saved and I was flipping through the book...this is what it read:

"Whole tone- An interval between musical notes. Do and re are a whole tone apart, as are re and mi, fa and sol, sol and la, and ti..."

Get this, my other little cousin that recently passed was named Tony...or Tone...

I had also thought about getting a tattoo that reads CrysTone to commemorate them. So, the message was that Crys could also be replaced with "Whole"! Get it?

And remember, it was a completely random flip to that page and phrase...and why was I even flipping through that particular book at that particular time?

Maybe not random at all...

*We are like two music notes...a Whole tone apart...we'll be joined again...

Reactions: Ronit
Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Dig this,

Just as I was reading back through my post and wondering if it was indeed a message I had received, my "go brightz" bike lights just turned on by itself...and it took a bit to turn them off...

I am telling the absolute truth!

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
IMG_20200528_223221.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ronit

Jul 29, 2017
Oregon
✟34,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Dig this,

Just as I was reading back through my post and wondering if it was indeed a message I had received, my "go brightz" bike lights just turned on by itself...and it took a bit to turn them off...

I am telling the absolute truth!
Wow!

Upvote 0

Ronit

Jul 29, 2017
Oregon
✟34,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Honestly, I wouldn't be too concerned about dreams. We have no control over them. Only the Almighty really knows why we have them.
True. But the thing was after the dream I quit mourning for her. I had mourned her for 2 years and after that I felt that I could let her go

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
True. But the thing was after the dream I quit mourning for her. I had mourned her for 2 years and after that I felt that I could let her go

Yeah, and what about those in the Bible that the Almighty told the reason why they had certain dreams?

Upvote 0

Ronit

Jul 29, 2017
Oregon
✟34,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I mourned her for 2 years and I was sinking into a depression after that dream I felt peace and I could look at her photo without busting into tears
It's been 7 years now and now her memory brings me joy. I'd still like to know for sure if she truly went to be with the Lord

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Honestly, I wouldn't be too concerned about dreams. We have no control over them. Only the Almighty really knows why we have them.

What do you mean? Please clarify

I was speaking to Mikha'el's comment, quoted above. While only the Almighty "really knows why we have them", we have stories in the Bible that tell us that He lets people know, e.g., Joseph.

Upvote 0