• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

I have a question about God and out of body experiences in all the different religions

Discussion in 'Controversial Christian Theology' started by Gold fish, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Gold fish

Gold fish Member

+127
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    If God knows everything.Why doesn't he think of the perfect way to make everyone see him out of body at the same?With out hurting them by accident?:):cool: And convince all the different religions that he is real at the sametime?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+25,590
    Anglican
    Married
    That is coming.

However, God brings mankind along at his own pace.

3. eleos1954

eleos1954 God is Love Supporter

+3,166
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    Stay tuned .... it is yet to come ;o)

Revelation 1:7
    Berean Study Bible
    Behold, He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see Him—even those who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. So shall it be! Amen.

4. thecolorsblend

thecolorsblend If God is your Father, who is your Mother? Supporter

+7,281
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    How much is enough? He did that with the Israelites. They saw indescribable miracles. But that didn't stop the very same people who saw His wonders from turning against Him.

He's done it before. How many times does He need to do it? Once a millennium? century? decade? year? How much is enough?

5. Paul4JC

Paul4JC The trees of the LORD are well watered

+531
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    (responding from prayer wall). There are very rare stories of out of body experiences or visions, but not the norm. Sundar Singh, was seeking God, and finally was gonna kill himself unless God revealed himself..
    Sundar Singh's Vision of Christ - 1901-2000 Church History ...

The danger is to mess with the wrong or evil spirits without even knowing it like the seven sons of Sceva.

Act 19:13-16 NIV - 13 Some Jews who went around driving out evil spirits tried to invoke the name of the Lord Jesus over those who were demon-possessed. They would say, "In the name of the Jesus whom Paul preaches, I command you to come out." 14 Seven sons of Sceva, a Jewish chief priest, were doing this. 15 One day the evil spirit answered them, "Jesus I know, and Paul I know about, but who are you?" 16 Then the man who had the evil spirit jumped on them and overpowered them all. He gave them such a beating that they ran out of the house naked and bleeding.

Again you gotta have some good reason to seek this. Jesus said in Mat 12:39 NIV - 39 He answered, "A wicked and adulterous generation asks for a sign! But none will be given it except the sign of the prophet Jonah.

Why do you seek such experiences? What's your purpose? Do you know Christ? Everything is revealed and experienced by knowing his words. Read the Gospels. link: John 1 NIV

Since reading the Gospel of John about 36 years ago, I've been experiencing God through Christ every day of my life.

6. Gold fish

Gold fish Member

+127
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I just thought it would be cool if God did what I was talking about in my first post.:)

7. Paul4JC

+531
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    As I mentioned Sadhu Sundar Singh had such experiences. Read a few of his books and see. But his experiences were unique.

So you just want to go on some joy ride. I can understand that too. Or do you have some greater cause in mind?

What does this verse mean to you?

Jhn 4:24 NIV - 24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth."

8. Gold fish

Gold fish Member

+127
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    My purpose is to build a better connection with God.Through him giving me an out of body experience.:)

John 4:24 to me means to worship God with your entire being.

9. Paul4JC

+531
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Entire being physical, or spiritual; or both? So why did Jesus say Jhn 4:21 NIV - 21 "Woman," Jesus replied, "believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem.?

So what's your connection with God now?

10. Paul4JC

+531
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Jhn 4:23 NIV - 23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  11. Paul4JC

+531
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Jhn 6:63 NIV - 63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you--they are full of the Spirit and life.

12. Gold fish

Gold fish Member

+127
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Both.Physical.And spiritual.:)

13. Paul4JC

+531
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    the flesh counts for nothing

When you worship in Spirit and in truth, you won't seek out of body experiences. There's no need. Look to Jesus for this.