Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's disappointing when medications "stop" working... rather than continuing to up the dose, talk to your doctor about changing medications... and therapies. Good psychotherapy helps reduce anxiety, and if your T is also a Christian, can help you learn to stay focussed upon God's love and caring for you... learning to trust God more helps immensely (but it's often not done by ourselves, most need guidance).

Talk to a doctor about how to develop a good sleep routine. . . one that begins about an hour before bedtime and where you shut down ALL electronics. (Something about the blue lights and the brain?) :prayer:

Upvote 0

Willing-heart

In Christ Alone.
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2017
Gloucester
Visit site
✟221,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First of all, my advise to you is to bring all your anxieties and lay them at the foot of the cross. In Christ alone, we are assured of peace that passes all understanding that gives life to the body. It is this same peace Jesus said He leaves with us, and gives to us, unlike the peace the world has to offer or offers to us which is only temporary.

Facing Anxiety

• Friendly
Reactions: Multifavs
Upvote 0

Willing-heart

In Christ Alone.
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2017
Gloucester
Visit site
✟221,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not advocating that you don't listen to your doctor but ultimately I believe there is no chemical solution to a spiritual problem.

"God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." - 2 Timothy 1:7

Upvote 0

TheGirlOnFire

By order of the Peaky blinders
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2014
Hogwarts
✟124,782.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Please do not stop taking your meds, until you see the doctor, coming off medication can be more worse than being on them.

I have had anxiety since I was 16 on and off, the last episode was last year were i ended up not being able to leave the house at all, I was on medication but thankfully I have stopped them on June. Though lately my sleeping has became worse again (I feel the enemy is attacking me and using this )

I will pray for you. Mental health is a journey. I don't think we can be cured, I think we can overcome Mental health and also deal with it on a day to day bases, that everyone mental health is like a tank fuel sign, that it can change day to day, its just getting the tools to keep our mental health full thats the hard part.

Praying xx

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟992,892.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sorry if this seems a bit random and personal but I'd like to ask that you please pray for me. I'm dealing with another dilemma where I feel stuck:

In February I started a new medication for my anxiety which I'd struggled with for several years, and it worked-at first I felt much better! But after a few months it didn't seem to work as well, and I was back to feeling anxious part of every day. Earlier this week I was feeling pretty bad, but the last few days I felt a little better, thankfully. Recently my doctor suggested that raising the dose might help, but here's the other problem...

In July I started waking up early nearly every day, and it's still happening, so I am tired all the time. I realized it may be a side effect of the medication, so my doctor suggested taking it at a different time. I tried that, no change. So now I have no idea what I should do. Raising the dose might help my anxiety better, but it also might make my lack of sleep worse. At the same time I'm afraid to stop taking this medication because it's the only thing that's actually helped and I don't want to have to go through trying different medications again.

So now I have to see my doctor again very soon, which worries me because not only do I always feel more anxious there, I also don't know what the outcome will be.

Of course, Miss Multi. I am sure there is no one here who would not want to pray for you in any problem you might be facing in your life.:angel:

• Friendly
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟992,892.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I made it through my doctor visit. He raised my medication and also told me that part of my problem may be that I don't spend much time around people other than family at home, so I need to get out and socialize more. That's not easy when you're as shy as I am (I don't know how that's going to help me sleep, either). I hope all this works out well.

Shy, maybe, but exceedingly pleasant to be around, Multi. :) It will be difficult to try to put yourself out there more, if you are used to being more introverted, but still, the doctor's suggestion is worth giving a shot. Will still be praying for your continued improvement from the sleep and anxiety troubles. :hug:

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Sorry to hear, I suffer from horrible anxiety too. When I say horrible, I really mean horrible.

Although I've never tried any medication as of yet.
I have anxiety too but I feel I've mellowed out a lot and the worst is over ... I do pray you guys will be comforted.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think getting back involved in church and attending regularly will help you with these issues. There may be some anxiety at first, but once you become like a member of the family there, not only will you grow more comfortable, you will meet all sorts of amazing people and it will be easier to hang out with them outside of the church setting. I understand how difficult it is, as you wouldn't realize it knowing me online, but I'm SUPER DUPER shy. I will keep to myself and quiet until someone else comes to me first and breaks the ice. So I make it part of my goal to reach out more. A lot of my anxiety melted away.

Upvote 0

TheGirlOnFire

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2014
Hogwarts
✟124,782.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
I would go back if you are having trouble contact your priest and explain, he may be able to help or get someone too buddy up with it, its so much easier when you pre-arrange to met someone and sit with them.

Being in church help me loads

Upvote 0

TheGirlOnFire

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2014
Hogwarts
✟124,782.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Also God can help you, he can help you overcome it, BUT you need to actually step out and move forward. Its like the when Jesus healed the invalid at the Bethesda pool, he didn't go you are healed, he told him to pick up his mat and move. Its when we move that things change. I totally understand how unbelievable scary that is, i use to sit in my car and sob and then go back into my house again.

You can do this my lovely x

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheGirlOnFire

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2014
Hogwarts
✟124,782.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Thanks, I see what you mean. I think I do need to do that. :) I'm just like you about being shy and quiet, so you're not alone!

Thanks! Yes, I think it would help. :)
So I looked at my church's website, and it looks like they have a sewing club! :idea: That's definitely something to check out.

YES SEWING IS A MUST. Crafty things like sewing, knitting, crocheting, baking are excellent for mental health, there have been loads of studies on it, on how it helps people overcome their mental health. They also use these types of activities in prison to help the prisoners become focus, calm and also helps them with recovery as well (Its a given since majority of people in person have mental health issues)

I am so excited to see your project x

• Friendly
Upvote 0