• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I Have A Friend Who Just Told Me He's Jesus and Needs 12 Disciples!?

nb408

Mar 20, 2013
✟25,931.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I never thought I'd be the one to post something like this but it just happened today. Have you ever witnessed someone lose there mind? My friend is convinced that he is the Messiah and he needs twelve disciples to write the New testament. He's terrified about becoming a fallen angel. He says he's Da Vinci and he's here to break the code. The government's a lie. That he's Vageta from dragon Ball z and I'm Goku. I can't even speak to him without him shouting, I'm telling the truth! He says cats are evil, tv is evil. Completely paranoid of the government watching him. He hasn't slept, and randomly cries historically.. that's just a small tidpid of the ridiculous things he has said and done. I just witnessed one of my best friends lose his mind completely. I can't even reason with him. I'm genuinely worried about him.. He was depressed before all this happened, what went wrong? He even got his own dad to become his disciple. Threatens his mom that he's going to shake her to get the devil out of her. I'm worried about me and my family's safety now.. What should I do?

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟780,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
I never thought I'd be the one to post something like this but it just happened today. Have you ever witnessed someone lose there mind? My friend is convinced that he is the Messiah and he needs twelve disciples to write the New testament. He's terrified about becoming a fallen angel. He says he's Da Vinci and he's here to break the code. The government's a lie. That he's Vageta from dragon Ball z and I'm Goku. I can't even speak to him without him shouting, I'm telling the truth! He says cats are evil, tv is evil. Completely paranoid of the government watching him. He hasn't slept, and randomly cries historically.. that's just a small tidpid of the ridiculous things he has said and done. I just witnessed one of my best friends lose his mind completely. I can't even reason with him. I'm genuinely worried about him.. He was depressed before all this happened, what went wrong? He even got his own dad to become his disciple. Threatens his mom that he's going to shake her to get the devil out of her. I'm worried about me and my family's safety now.. What should I do?
Did you tell him you know where there are 12 disciples already dressed in white? (Btw some of his disciples might agree with him and me that cats are evil.)

But seriously, you should ask the police, and if there's a way to legally determine if he is harmless or what, it needs to be done.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,304.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How does one get someone like this evaluated in order to see if he is a danger to himself and others, and of course help him.

But I suppose for me to recommend that rout instead of prayer, doesn't display a whole lot of faith, so lets do that instead.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟780,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
How does one get someone like this evaluated in order to see if he is a danger to himself and others, and of course help him.

But I suppose for me to recommend that rout instead of prayer, doesn't display a whole lot of faith, so lets do that instead.
Nothing wrong with prayer and faith. I would not recommend "instead". For one thing, I believe, you being in the situation you are in have a moral responsibility to act on his behalf. You may even have a legal responsibility --I don't know.

It sounds like he would be unwilling to be evaluated voluntarily. Therefore, it seems to me, it is incumbent on you to go to the first jurisdictional authority just in case he is dangerous --the police. If nothing else, they should be able to tell you how to proceed.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟933,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
If it all possible, fast and pray. This is heavy and it would be better if you had clarity on how to move forward. He needs medical attention and I would ask the Lord to help you in that regard. You may always want to reach out to your church as well and ask for a recommendation for a counselor. Finally, prayer and lots of it. You can't handle this alone.

Google online prayer request and submit them on his behalf. I'd do it after your fast. Once you know what the Lord desires you to do you can pray towards those aims. Send them out once per month. I would write it up in a document and copy and paste. Given the severity of his situation I wouldn't send less than 40. There may be spiritual yokes that must be broken. The group prayer will move heaven on his behalf. Good luck.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,304.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nothing wrong with prayer and faith. I would not recommend "instead". For one thing, I believe, you being in the situation you are in have a moral responsibility to act on his behalf. You may even have a legal responsibility --I don't know.

It sounds like he would be unwilling to be evaluated voluntarily. Therefore, it seems to me, it is incumbent on you to go to the first jurisdictional authority just in case he is dangerous --the police. If nothing else, they should be able to tell you how to proceed.

I'd guess prayer isn't always answered with a miraculous healing, so maybe it could get someone to do as you say, which would be the next best option if the prayer doesn't work, and work soon.

I suppose the police could at least advise because he's not going in voluntarily, but maybe prayer could help there as well.

It's a lot like Moses or anyone God uses...if someone is willing, he helps them reach their goal.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟933,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'd guess prayer isn't always answered with a miraculous healing, so maybe it could get someone to do as you say, which would be the next best option if the prayer doesn't work, and work soon.

I suppose the police could at least advise because he's not going in voluntarily, but maybe prayer could help there as well.

It's a lot like Moses or anyone God uses...if someone is willing, he helps them reach their goal.

I believe that healing is a special from grace from God. I have been healed three times. Twice from incurable diseases and once from an ailment. I didn't labor in prayer for healing. I left it in God's hands.

By all means, ask. But understand that healing takes many forms. A diagnosis and treatment would alter his life. I would pray before contacting the authorities. Let the Lord move in this situation first. And I'd try to take him to a hospital before I'd involve the police. That may make him panic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kenny'sID

Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,304.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe that healing is a special from grace from God. I have been healed three times. Twice from incurable diseases and once from an ailment. I didn't labor in prayer for healing. I left it in God's hands.

By all means, ask. But understand that healing takes many forms. A diagnosis and treatment would alter his life. I would pray before contacting the authorities. Let the Lord move in this situation first. And I'd try to take him to a hospital before I'd involve the police. That may make him panic.

Yes, I would only ask the police what the law is for this, and not actually turn him over to them unless later the circumstances require it. It may me best to start by asking someone at the hospital how this works, and go from there.

I agree, healing takes many forms, the reason I mentioned one form is someone being willing to help, and God helping them do it the conventional way.

Prayer first, but don't wait too long for the miraculous if things look like they may get out of hand. I'd guess most of these people are harmless, but a hospital will be able to give you more info on that or even the internet for several answers on how to proceed.

Upvote 0