I have a dream I would like interpreted.

MikeinSeattle

Looking for believers to pray with. Message me.
Mar 22, 2019
Seattle
✟34,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It isn't so much one specific dream as it is a common theme that runs through almost every dream I have had for as long as I can remember as a Christian.

I keep dreaming that I am in some kind of enclosed structure and I am trying to escape from by running for my life. Sometimes I am trying to sneak my way out but usually it is all out running. It may be a building of some kind or a compound or even a neighborhood. But its always the same. I am being chased by malevolent figures and I know that I have to escape. Sometimes as I am about to escape another room suddenly appears that I have to run through and then another room and then another. Sometimes I reach the edge of the enclosure and realize that the way is completely blocked and I cannot escape.

As I am in these dreams there is a constant realization that I have to keep moving and if I stop I will be overtaken by the beings that are pursuing me. Sometime I turn and fight my pursuers and kill them. I have had dreams where I have literally been blowing dozens of them away one after the other and making them die. Usually with guns. Sometimes I feel that I do not have the ability to fight and I just run. Sometimes I escape successfully and peacefully awaken from the dream. Sometimes I realize that I am about to be overtaken and I force myself to wake up before they catch me. Sometimes I feel myself grabbed from behind as I am running. I have felt them bite into my body and it is so intense that I can still feel the bite when I wake up. It really has a feeling of the matrix and being chased by agents. Or I am legend and trying to escape the zombie infested tower or something.

Needles to say these are not pleasant dreams at all.

These days I am finding that more often I am trying to escape by stealth and I move casually through the enclosure trying to escape detection as I go.

If anyone can give me any interpretation would much appreciate.

Mike

Susieandcharcoal

Mar 23, 2019
Cypress
✟15,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Hi MikeinSeattle. Question. Are you tribal? If you are then that would explain a lot. Are you a worry wart? One thing that always drove me crazy about my mom who is educated and intelligent is she cannot do or think very far on her own but has to be a part of a group and in a controlling marriage. I did not realize until I was grown that she is tribal and will never change. I wanted her to put us kids first but she never could. She always has to be controlled by another adult. I on the other hand enjoy my loner life in my tinyhome with my two dogs and kicked tv out of my life 8 years ago. Are you controlled by other people or what the tv shows say you must be?

• Friendly
Reactions: MikeinSeattle
Upvote 0

Messerve

Sep 30, 2018
hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well, I guess the obvious first question would be if you play video games of a similar theme a lot? Then that would be your brain still processing those games as you sleep.

If that seems unlikely, online dream dictionaries say it could be representative of the fact that you are avoiding something uncomfortable in real life and trying to get away from it. Maybe that's true for you?

If you want an interpretation like "Is this a dream from God" then ask Him to help you understand it. I'm not sure we really have enough detail to venture a guess about what He could be telling you.

It's most likely just your brain processing information - recent movies watched, games played, or perhaps avoiding something in real life.

• Useful
Upvote 0

MikeinSeattle

Mar 22, 2019
Seattle
✟34,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi MikeinSeattle. Question. Are you tribal? If you are then that would explain a lot. Are you a worry wart? One thing that always drove me crazy about my mom who is educated and intelligent is she cannot do or think very far on her own but has to be a part of a group and in a controlling marriage. I did not realize until I was grown that she is tribal and will never change. I wanted her to put us kids first but she never could. She always has to be controlled by another adult. I on the other hand enjoy my loner life in my tinyhome with my two dogs and kicked tv out of my life 8 years ago. Are you controlled by other people or what the tv shows say you must be?

I never watch tv. Apart from a documentary here and there on a topic Im researching. And I am fiercely independent as well. I have lived completely on my own for many periods of my life.

Upvote 0

Messerve

Sep 30, 2018
hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
As for myself, last night I dreamed a Mexican man and a black man were both construction workers on a skyscraper and were in a room many floors up. The black man became arrogant and said something about "El Dorado" sarcastically and the Mexican man pushed him out a window! The black man hit the sidewalk below, bounced once, and then landed on a passing car. :eek: In my dream, it was like I was watching fuzzy news footage of the man's fall and I kept replaying the part where he bounced off the pavement and landed on a car. I couldn't figure out how he was still alive and shaking his legs after the first impact. I also wondered if the poor car driver was injured, too. I woke up feeling rather disturbed by the darkness of it all.

Interpret that! ^_^

I actually think I know what my brain was doing... I think they represented two of my most recent co-workers at two separate jobs. The demographics fit. The one guy recently invited me back to my old job, and it was very tempting considering how things were going at that time at my current job. And, I guess I have made up my mind that someday I really will go back, maybe just part time. So, in a sense, the one man did win out over the other.

So, yeah. I think our brains just do crazy things with information. Almost like turning facts into stories.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I don't know that these dreams need interpretation so much as binding the enemy. They are fear dreams, and the enemy has no right to place them on you.

Upvote 0

MikeinSeattle

Mar 22, 2019
Seattle
✟34,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't know that these dreams need interpretation so much as binding the enemy. They are fear dreams, and the enemy has no right to place them on you.

When I ask the Lord to not let me have any bad dreams it does seem to me that I tend to not have these kinds of dreams.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,060.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I remember visiting folks who had a young daughter about 10 that had nightmares for years.

The parents asked me to pray so after she was asleep we crept into the bedroom and I prayed against any spirit not from God bringing this condition.

When she woke in the morning the first thing she said was JESUS...

Her mum was surprised and said what do you mean Jesus???

To which she replied "Jesus slept with me last night...."

From that time she was totally free of the dreams.

Blessings,

Carl Emerson.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
It isn't so much one specific dream as it is a common theme that runs through almost every dream I have had for as long as I can remember as a Christian.

I keep dreaming that I am in some kind of enclosed structure and I am trying to escape from by running for my life. Sometimes I am trying to sneak my way out but usually it is all out running. It may be a building of some kind or a compound or even a neighborhood. But its always the same. I am being chased by malevolent figures and I know that I have to escape. Sometimes as I am about to escape another room suddenly appears that I have to run through and then another room and then another. Sometimes I reach the edge of the enclosure and realize that the way is completely blocked and I cannot escape.

As I am in these dreams there is a constant realization that I have to keep moving and if I stop I will be overtaken by the beings that are pursuing me. Sometime I turn and fight my pursuers and kill them. I have had dreams where I have literally been blowing dozens of them away one after the other and making them die. Usually with guns. Sometimes I feel that I do not have the ability to fight and I just run. Sometimes I escape successfully and peacefully awaken from the dream. Sometimes I realize that I am about to be overtaken and I force myself to wake up before they catch me. Sometimes I feel myself grabbed from behind as I am running. I have felt them bite into my body and it is so intense that I can still feel the bite when I wake up. It really has a feeling of the matrix and being chased by agents. Or I am legend and trying to escape the zombie infested tower or something.

These days I am finding that more often I am trying to escape by stealth and I move casually through the enclosure trying to escape detection as I go.

Mike

Have you been eating spicy foods before bed?

• Haha
Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
When I ask the Lord to not let me have any bad dreams it does seem to me that I tend to not have these kinds of dreams.
Also take authority yourself, in Jesus' name. I don't think you need to delve deep into interpreting the dream. It's a simple tormenting dream that has no right to afflict you as a child of God. Shake it off as Paul did the snake in the book of Acts.

• Useful
Upvote 0

MikeinSeattle

Mar 22, 2019
Seattle
✟34,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Also take authority yourself, in Jesus' name. I don't think you need to delve deep into interpreting the dream. It's a simple tormenting dream that has no right to afflict you as a child of God. Shake it off as Paul did the snake in the book of Acts.

I will try to do this. Thanks

• Friendly
Reactions: paul1149
Upvote 0

WESTOZZIE

Site Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
WA
Visit site
✟54,255.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi Mike,
Read a dream I had
The enclosure can be the confines of the religious mind...the mind being where the battle is fought, the arena.
Escaping that enclosure is akin to "God saying come out of her my people". The trouble is that we try to escape but find that something always keeps us trapped in it --this happens until we wake up or awake.
I escaped ---well, am still escaping, our soul has escaped as a bird from the fowler...The Fowler is defeated of course, but his tares are sown all through us that we are unable to escape by ourselves.

Mike

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DeborahG.

Mar 24, 2019
Tri-Cities
✟8,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Mike
Dreams of being trapped in a room is symbolic of something going on in your waking life. Whenever you have these dreams take note, what’s going on around you? When you battle and win in your dream you’re victorious in the situation. When you’re not or afraid and run it’s a sign you’re feeling controlled by something or someone. The dark forces in your dreams represent your fears
I suggest keeping a diary of dreams and compare them to what’s actually going on around you. Dreams like this represents your emotions.

Upvote 0

FIRESTORM314

Site Supporter
Feb 20, 2018
The Shires
✟197,596.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

and therein is your answer !

I heard the story of a minister who had nightmares every saturday night before he was to preach.
Did he interpret the dreams - nope. He got people to pray for him every saturday night. The dreams stopped. He didn't have another for about four years. It turned out someone forgot to pray for him that night. The last thing you want to do is interpret the dream. That gets you thinking about it and fear is a great tactic used by the enemy.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

Mike
Regarding dreams and interpretation: when I asked God about them when I was 21 years old, He told me that I didn't need them because I had the Holy Spirit indwelling me and that it is not through visual means but through His Word that the anointing will teach us all we need to know.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,060.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oscarr how then do you see this relating to 1 John 2:26-

These things I have written to you concerning those who are trying to deceive you. 27As for you, the anointing which you received from Him abides in you, and you have no need for anyone to teach you; but as His anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you abide in Him.

This was written before the scripture as we know it, was available.

When you say "His Word" do you mean His personal living word in us or the scripture?

Upvote 0