Feb 2, 2006
In God's country
✟8,231.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello, friends!

I need a bit of prayer, please. I usually try not to ask other people to pray for me and give me sympathy, because it only fuels something I'm about to ask you to pray for me about.

I have a few, actually. If you would help me, I would be truly grateful.

1. I'm extremely selfish. This is one that I really hate. I always give and give, but in my head I think, "I wish I had that..." or "why should he/she get it instead of me? I probably give more than they do." I try to push these thoughts aside, but they just won't go. It makes me think all the things I've ever given to people didn't mean anything at all.

2. I'm power hungry. I always fantasize about having power. Not the kind to hurt people, but the kind to help. But from this spawns a bad thought. I think as I imagine someone saying something good about me, "You'd better believe I'm good," or something like that.

3. I think I'm better than everyone else. I always feel something about me that makes be feel higher than someone else. I want to be holy, but I know I can't be. I want to be pure, but I can't be. I want to be innocent, but I can't be. But I always feel I am sometimes. One of my fondest dreams is being regarded as one of the kindest people one will ever meet. Someone people would want to be around.

4. I get sexually aroused too easily and by things I REALLY don't want to. This one has to be the one I hate most. I just want to be a normal, average, heterosexual person.

5. When I give to someone, I don't say it, but sometimes I expect something in return in the future.

6. When I ask of something or tell someone something about my past, I feel I sometimes want pity and sympathy, but I don't want to want it.

I'm sorry I have so many things to ask of you! Even now I'm worried that I'm just doing this for pity or to make myself stand out. I just want to know that I am low and no more special than the next person! Please forgive me for taking up so much or your time! :(

tapero

Legend
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2004
Visit site
✟88,544.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi AngeloftheLord, It took great courage to share your feelings here, and we all have feeling like these at one time or another; always dealing with these things. I think if you also put this under Christian Advice that it would also get a lot of good help. God Bless

Dear Lord, I pray for AngeloftheLord as he so honestly shared about himself here. I pray that the things he sees in himself would turn to your glory as he gives them over to you. Please help him to trust you with each struggle and renew his mind. Thank you Lord. In Jesus name I pray. Amen

Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Holy is the Lord God Almighty
Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear Father, we lift Angel up to you in his need. Father please teach and direct him. please place wisdom upon his paths on how to be a child of God; reflecting Jesus. Father to draw fruitful knowledge, give him a thirst for your word. in Jesus name, amen.

Upvote 0