Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just hate everything it glorifies and think it's why society is a mess. Hate it. Can't get away from it though.

I think that you can get away from a lot of it. Switch the channel on the television or turn it off. The same is true with the radio. You actually have more control than you think. However, you are right that there are many things we can't get away from in this world.

• Agree
Reactions: dms1972
Upvote 0

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think that you can get away from a lot of it. Switch the channel on the television or turn it off. The same is true with the radio. You actually have more control than you think. However, you are right that there are many things we can't get away from in this world.

My bf is a fan of gangster rap so all I can do is sit in a different room or put on headphones :/.

• Optimistic
Reactions: nChrist
Upvote 0

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Nope still don't like it lol. Don't like the body language don't like the slang none of it. Ironically I'm mostly black and don't like hip hop or hip hop culture and I'm a millennial... Lol it's mostly about ignorance, disrespect, power, greed, and misogyny so I hate it. I wish it would go out of style completely. Never gonna happen though.

Reactions: Babe Ruth
Upvote 0

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My bf is a fan of gangster rap so all I can do is sit in a different room or put on headphones :/.
Tell your bf that you don't like that music and ask him to wear headphones. :)

• Useful
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟328,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nope still don't like it lol. Don't like the body language don't like the slang none of it. Ironically I'm mostly black and don't like hip hop or hip hop culture and I'm a millennial... Lol it's mostly about ignorance, disrespect, power, greed, and misogyny so I hate it. I wish it would go out of style completely. Never gonna happen though.

But hes christian, none of his lyrics are about any of the things you hate about gangsta rap. He says none of those things.

Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Just hate everything it glorifies and think it's why society is a mess. Hate it. Can't get away from it though.

I so agree. Oh the nonsense of this world. I abhor it. Everywhere we go is stupid noise, idiot music, foolish chat. All meaningless noise. Worse still the terrible lack of morals being drummed relentlessly into people's brains. The world says do what you like, enjoy!

Thankfully there is escape. Soon as you believe in Christ and know that the Bible is God's Word, peace beckons. So switch off the radio and tv. Pray, read and meditate on Jesus. Balm to our souls.
When out and about, when rap or other crap is playing, learn to ignore. This world has plenty of foolishness around. God here is forgotten, dismissed. Be comforted that you know the truth. Pray and rely on God. Be comforted that those who are wise feel exactly as you do. We are in this world but not of it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Maybe this is more your speed you really have to listen to what he is saying then maybe you would appreciate it ,because I love rap but couldn’t stand the garbage messages they portrayed until I found NF!!!!!

I really like NF, he strikes me as real, he's not overtly Christian in lyrical content, a bit on the darker side, but I see value in the valley's of life in the struggles. There is no denying his skills, I see him as the Christian version of Eminem, actually better than.

A couple of favorite tracks are "All I Have" and "Grindin'"

Upvote 0
Jul 14, 2018
Rome
✟15,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Engaged
I really like NF, he strikes me as real, he's not overtly Christian in lyrical content, a bit on the darker side, but I see value in the valley's of life in the struggles. There is no denying his skills, I see him as the Christian version of Eminem, actually better than.

A couple of favorite tracks are "All I Have" and "Grindin'"
I would pick a few favorites but honestly there are only a few I don’t like

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Tell your bf that you don't like that music and ask him to wear headphones. :)
He does but watches it on the Xbox on the large screen tv so unless I hide in the room for hours I get nothing but guns waving around on the tv, pants sagging, and women acting sleezy(the nice version of what I wanted to say) -__-

Upvote 0

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
To all that posted the Christian rappers, I been born again since I was 14. I am 26 now. I spent most of my time in a multicultural apostolic pentacostal type church so yes, used to listen to Christian rap.

They do use scripture and stuff and may have good intentions, but I started just not liking rap in general regardless of the type because the root of rap and hip hop is not Christian, it's rooted in the world. It's the same with Halloween and Christian'' throwing parties and calling it harvest festival.

I am not a perfect Christian by far, but I recognize what's the world and what's God's.

Reactions: dms1972
Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Satan rules this world. We are of another world.

• Agree
Reactions: Angeleyes7715
Upvote 0