Gig Harbor
✟110,013.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I am a morally repungnant sinner, and want to stop, but I have not gotten there yet. I curse and want to stop. I want to hate cigarettes. I dream about them. I am tired of myself, and want to focus on Yeshua. I want to wash His feet. I LOVE Him so much, but I I have sin habits. I had to get on my knees and pray, but it felt good to have Him to turn to. Please pray. This is spiritual warfare, and I want my Beloved to be victorious. Please pray. I have been saved, and I am in love with Yeshua. I need Him. I want Him. I have Him. Why am I whining again?

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
She is right, Lord. It is a spiritual warfare (Ephesians 6:10-20). May she learn how to fight (1 Timothy 6:12), and may she learn how to rest in You (Psalms 46:10). May she realize that after salvation, "conversion" to righteous living may be a longer process for some than for others. May she be patient in her changing from a worm to a butterfly.
May she remember it takes time and effort to practice one's craft (athlete, musician, doctor, etc.) to become really good at it, just as it takes time and practice to walk in righteousness consistently. It is a race that is not won with a single step, but many steps over time (2 Timothy 4:7). May she keep her eyes on the finish line, not on the ground when she occasionally stumbles. May she remember that some have fallen down in earthly competitions or been in last place, or both, and have gotten up to run and not just finish but win the race. May she consistently read Your Word and pray, and win the minor victories along the way of winning the big victories as well. Amen.

• Winner
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Lord is here for our cries to be heard, it's alright to let your emotions out. Better then keeping them inside letting it stay there making a mess of your heart. I believe this is why God gave us prayers and why the Lord Jesus showed us how to pray. He had the disciples watch as he asked God to take away the suffering to come, but only if it was His will and not his own. When we're emotionally vulnerable that's the moment more than ever to pour our hearts out. Just be honest with Him and trust He's there for you. God bless your prayers are answered!

• Friendly
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am a morally repungnant sinner, and want to stop, but I have not gotten there yet. I curse and want to stop. I want to hate cigarettes. I dream about them. I am tired of myself, and want to focus on Yeshua. I want to wash His feet. I LOVE Him so much, but I I have sin habits. I had to get on my knees and pray, but it felt good to have Him to turn to. Please pray. This is spiritual warfare, and I want my Beloved to be victorious. Please pray. I have been saved, and I am in love with Yeshua. I need Him. I want Him. I have Him. Why am I whining again?
Stop seeing yourself as a repugnant sinner.
To Jesus Christ you are beautiful, and He is the One who matters.
Let Him wash your feet.
He is not waiting for you to serve Him. He is waiting for you. He doesn't want what you have to bring, He wants you, even with all of your baggage.
Good verses to study would be John 13:1-17 and Luke 10:38-42.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
It's good to have the Lord to turn to. In fact, we are supposed to pray to him constantly (1 Thess 5:17).

Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
:crossrc:

Dear lord god

We confess with our lips, our hearts and our minds that we are sinners in need of salvation. thank you for sending your son and the holy spirit to wipe us clean and then to help us to keep walking in the light. Send down the deep desire to walk like you, to be holy and upright in all that we do.

In the name of Jesus we pray, Lord have mercy.

Amen

:crossrc:

I agree with @Greg Merrill in that its about winning the race, one step at a time. It takes quite a lot of effort and so its about consistency over time, working at it, studying scripture, taking time to pray and to review you day, every day, and repent for any sins and pray for wisdom.

Like you, I have struggled with self hate, and I personally find getting down on my knees and being reverential at mass, to be very healing. God is slowly removing the hate and refilling me with love!

:bow:

Upvote 0

Obasi Miracle

Jul 13, 2018
Bonny
Visit site
✟10,720.00
Country
Nigeria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Trust me, His grace is sufficient for you 100%. He that has called you is able to keep you until his Glorious coming. Hold unto him in your heart deeply and he's going to carry you through.

From here, in the might name of Jesus Christ; I degree more grace and unction to live above sin from now henceforth.

Upvote 0