I Hate Caitlyn Jenner: Liberals turn on Jenner after she criticizes Clinton and defends Trump.

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟428,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Reactions: PsychoeDial
Upvote 0

PsychoeDial

God Return To And Bless America
Mar 10, 2016
Tokyo
✟11,034.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Nope. She said she could not see herself dating women in the future and was wanting a relationship with a man.

I think Bruce is a troubled soul. However, what is interesting is that the trans community were behind him when he first said he felt like a woman. They loved that he was popular, had his past reputation as an athlete and celebrity so as to promote the community. They were all for it. Now that he's saying he is a conservative they're not so tolerant.
It's a strange priority. They love him when he appears dressed as a woman but they won't tolerate his saying he's an outspoken Republican.

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I never cared either way for Jenner. Jenner expressed views and now other people are expressing views, some of them being terrible people expressing terrible views. Terrible people being terrible on the Internet isn't exactly surprising. Terrible people exist in every group and tweet terrible things at everybody. I don't care.
okay and we can talk about that in a minute but right now, we're talking about how the left, the far far left, the liberal liberals are when you just don't agree with them. How they hate you if you don't.

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I think Bruce is a troubled soul. However, what is interesting is that the trans community were behind him when he first said he felt like a woman. They loved that he was popular, had his past reputation as an athlete and celebrity so as to promote the community. They were all for it. Now that he's saying he is a conservative they're not so tolerant.
It's a strange priority. They love him when he appears dressed as a woman but they won't tolerate his saying he's an outspoken Republican.
Who is the spokesperson for the Trans community?

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Like I said before they bravery is not coming out and transitioning, the bravery is being so knee deep in with liberals and admitting you're a conservative. I was talking to a gay person last night who said that Jenner never was someone who should have been representing the transgender community. I have no idea what that means or why. But the one tweet I found fascinating was something to the effect, "the gay community welcomed him with open arms and this is what "she" does..." My question is, what did he do?

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Who is the spokesperson for the Trans community?
Bruce/Cait. Now back to the post... The liberals only want you when you agree with them, if you don't, like the one tweet said, you're dead to them. Nice group of people is all I got to say.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
okay and we can talk about that in a minute but right now, we're talking about how the left, the far far left, the liberal liberals are when you just don't agree with them. How they hate you if you don't.

And the far, far right does the same thing. Extremists are scary no matter the group.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Bruce/Cait. Now back to the post... The liberals only want you when you agree with them, if you don't, like the one tweet said, you're dead to them. Nice group of people is all I got to say.
It was said that the trans community turned on Caitlin, so I doubt Caitlin is the spokesperson. If people are going to speak of diverse communities as if they only have one veiw, one voice, then they must assume a spokesperson who represents that veiw.

Upvote 0

PsychoeDial

God Return To And Bless America
Mar 10, 2016
Tokyo
✟11,034.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Like I said before they bravery is not coming out and transitioning, the bravery is being so knee deep in with liberals and admitting you're a conservative. I was talking to a gay person last night who said that Jenner never was someone who should have been representing the transgender community. I have no idea what that means or why. But the one tweet I found fascinating was something to the effect, "the gay community welcomed him with open arms and this is what "she" does..." My question is, what did he do?
I'd say he dared not to transition political party at the same time he did his wardrobe.

Isn't that something to witness though? We demand tolerance! But we don't tolerate Conservatives.

One man in Jenner's new circle said if Bruce doesn't figure it out, in other words apparently change parties, he's likely to find himself isolated from the trans community. All because of his politically conservative views. Talk about rupture in priorities when claiming tolerance a virtue.

Reactions: benedictaoo
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
And the far, far right does the same thing. Extremists are scary no matter the group.

I have been stabbed in the back by "moderates" who are able to call themselves that simply because they are able to put themselves between two "extremes."

The word extremist, in a vacuum, is meaningless. It only makes sense when applied to a certain context. And there are contexts where it is far from objectionable. For example, Gandhi was certainly an extremist when it came to following the path of non-violence. There were very few who could embrace that philosophy as much as he did. Should we dismiss then his accomplishments because he is a nasty "extremist."

Extremist is a meaningless slur employed by people who are afraid to address actual issues, and so retreat into a discussion of "moderation" versus "extremes."

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I have been stabbed in the back by "moderates" who are able to call themselves that simply because they are able to put themselves between two "extremes."

The word extremist, in a vacuum, is meaningless. It only makes sense when applied to a certain context. And there are contexts where it is far from objectionable. For example, Gandhi was certainly an extremist when it came to following the path of non-violence. There were very few who could embrace that philosophy as much as he did. Should we dismiss then his accomplishments because he is a nasty "extremist."

Extremist is a meaningless slur employed by people who are afraid to address actual issues, and so retreat into a discussion of "moderation" versus "extremes."

Don't think you can be an extreme moderate politically? :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Don't think you can be an extreme moderate politically? :)

The words are practically meaningless in a vacuum, as I have noted.

But if we are forced to use them and puzzle out what an "extreme moderate" could be, certainly I think it is possible. I have dealt with people who pride themselves not on any particular position that they have, but that they are "moderate" meaning that they can find people to either "side" of them. These people will also attack others and even reject their friends for not being sufficiently "moderate," again without any real context for what moderate means or whether it is good or bad.

The term "extreme moderate" is not a poor one to apply to these people.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
The words are practically meaningless in a vacuum, as I have noted.

But if we are forced to use them and puzzle out what an "extreme moderate" could be, certainly I think it is possible. I have dealt with people who pride themselves not on any particular position that they have, but that they are "moderate" meaning that they can find people to either "side" of them. These people will also attack others and even reject their friends for not being sufficiently "moderate," again without any real context for what moderate means or whether it is good or bad.

The term "extreme moderate" is not a poor one to apply to these people.

If I use the word extreme to mean someone who, in general, views themselves as being absolutely or nearly absolutely right and people who have different views as being absolutely wrong. People who take these positions tend to be ones that will attack those who see things differently.

Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If I use the word extreme to mean someone who, in general, views themselves as being absolutely or nearly absolutely right and people who have different views as being absolutely wrong. People who take these positions tend to be ones that will attack those who see things differently.

I am a mathematician by trade. There are all sorts of mathematical truths which I know to be absolutely correct. I am also an educator. I routinely deal with students who disagree with these truths and who I know to be absolutely wrong.

What's more, all of my colleagues seem to view the matter in the same way. I guess we are all nasty extremists. Maybe we should do away with the mathematics education if it's contributing to such a hateful environment of extremism.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I am a mathematician by trade. There are all sorts of mathematical truths which I know to be absolutely correct. I am also an educator. I routinely deal with students who disagree with these truths and who I know to be absolutely wrong.

What's more, all of my colleagues seem to view the matter in the same way. I guess we are all nasty extremists. Maybe we should do away with the mathematics education if it's contributing to such a hateful environment of extremism.

Ok, I feel like you are trolling me here. We are obviously discussing political views here, not math.

Upvote 0