• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I had thoughts about deconversion (trigger warning)

Job405

Jesus Christ Matters
Supporter
May 17, 2020
Uusimaa
✟121,390.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was being bombarded by intrusive thoughts regarding deconversion. Then I impulsively thought "I deconvert, I deconvert" without actually meaning it. Do you think God will forgive me? I still believe Jesus is Lord and the Son of God. I still believe He died for my sins and rose from the dead on the third day by the power of God. I am having trouble sleeping now, I don't want to be an apostate!

God is good

Oct 4, 2016
Michigan
✟201,885.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was being bombarded by intrusive thoughts regarding deconversion. Then I impulsively thought "I deconvert, I deconvert" without actually meaning it. Do you think God will forgive me? I still believe Jesus is Lord and the Son of God. I still believe He died for my sins and rose from the dead on the third day by the power of God. I am having trouble sleeping now, I don't want to be an apostate!
Don't worry, the fact that these thoughts bother you so much shows that they are not your thoughts. God really really loves you and Jesus is our Lord and Saviour. God loves you

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where guilt is, there is no restoration.
If the guilt is on Him, then restoration is on you.
If He took away your guilt, then restoration is coming your way.

Upvote 0

gcook

Oct 6, 2021
Knoxville
✟9,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I don't know if you are still dealing with this specific struggle, but there is a great number of people who would say they actually did deconvert (their words) and then came back to Christ. So for them to actually do so, versus thoughts we don't really mean, would seem that there is nothing unforgivable in that even if you were to actually deconvert. (Thinking of things this way helps me overcome similar worries, at least when I can find evidence of others that prove my OCD wrong :blush:).

Upvote 0