• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

i had an abortion

bethschnell

Mar 31, 2005
✟112.00
Faith
Presbyterian
I am asking for opinions and to listen to what anyone has to say. I have always been pro-choice but I do believe a person is capable of changing their beliefs. As of yet I do not regret my decision. I was given many options. My mother was heartbroken. I made this choice. If I do not regret this, does this mean I am a murderer in the eyes of God? If I Trully feel that I made the right decision does that mean I am going to Hell? I feel that I did the right thing. I was never brought up to believe this would be okay. I was never talked into believing this would be my only option and it would be the right one. I came to this conclusion on my own, against most peoples wishes. What does this mean?

Palatka44

Unabashedly Baptist
Jul 22, 2003
Palatka, Florida
Visit site
✟17,727.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
God Loves you Bethschnell.
You are precious in His sight.
Why need there be another to die for our sin?
For our sin He slew His Son. His death was to be the ultimate price once and for all so that no one should have to die again. Yet people do things and always turn to the wrong solution for their sin. The correct solution is to seek the grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who finished the redemptive plan on Calvary and God raised Him from the grave to be our mediator. He will be faithful to forgive us if we but ask.

Upvote 0

whitestar

Veteran
Aug 25, 2003
Kansas
Visit site
✟17,242.00
Faith
Christian
bethschnell...you said you think what you did was ok...why do think that? Was your life in danger that you should do this?

I hope this isn't some spam post...being first time poster...just to get a reaction from the Christians.

Second....what part of Thou Shall Not Kill, do you not understand?

Upvote 0

Palatka44

Unabashedly Baptist
Jul 22, 2003
Palatka, Florida
Visit site
✟17,727.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
SweetistKandie said:
I feel like it is our choice as women to do what we wish to our body...
:cry:

SweetistKandie said:
I do not know if it is right in the eyes of God or not...
:(

Upvote 0

BlackRain

Dec 21, 2004
texas
✟8,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
for all those who read this, i'm so sorry. i deleted all of it because i realized how foolish i'd been in what i said. we all do things that are wrong. i feel horrible. if i offended people...tell me, so i can personally apologize to you.
again: i'm so sorry. :(

Upvote 0

hmc121667

Mar 27, 2005
Florida
✟15,159.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You are asking for a reason...reflect on the reason and ask God for wisdom. Ask God to let you see the situation and life they way He sees it. Only then,, when you see the truth , you will be able stop asking yourself and others whether or not you made the right decision.

God will tell you. Pray for that day come !

God Bless you.
HMC

Upvote 0

WhiteLily

Angel of Music
Apr 14, 2004
Ahh...umm... wait, where am I?
✟13,568.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No one honestly knows, now I'm pro-life and don't like abortion, but this was your choice, no one can stop you from making your own choices. Just don't forget, it may have saddened God, but he still loves you, and if you accepted him into your heart, you belong to him and he's never gonna give you up because of an abortion, or anything else for that reason. I suggest ask for forgiveness and pray

Upvote 0

SHA77

Mar 6, 2005
New York
✟247.00
Faith
Christian
May God Bless you!:crosseo:

He loves you, ask for forgiveness, and wisdom, your not the only one who has faced such a choice and won't be the last! Only God knows what is in your heart!:thumbsup: Don't stay in confusion:scratch: , it will only bread more and more frustration.
Let God rule and ask for guidance and he will give it. We serve a merciful God and only he knows and knew when you would make your choice.:prayer:
Ultimately we only have to answer to him, he has more mercy and grace and anything/one on this earth. Pray without ceasing, stay in his will and he will guide you. How do you feel? He will and has forgiven you, you know that.

As a caseworker, I must admonish you, try and abstain there are other ills out there, HIV:mad: etc. Be aware and very careful, wait!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

craigba

Mar 31, 2005
Sacramento
Visit site
✟2,372.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Although the Bible always seems to state that the Lord never stops loving, somtimes choices affect other people too. Who can know for certain if the decision was right or wrong, but I beleive that personal decisions can even afect those around me. In your case your mother lost a grandchild and was very upset.

But regarless the Lord never stops loving you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums