• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I Had a Nightmare Last Night

Neari

Neari
Feb 9, 2017
Earth
✟20,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello, I wasn't too sure where to put this, but I had a nightmare last night. I've had worse, but this one, I woke up crying and I just couldn't stop for a long time. So I have 2 doves, Angel and Coco. Coco can fly and Angel has gotten too elderly to fly. (We've had Angel since I was born.)
To really simplify it, in my dream, Angel looked really sick. And she died. And this guy told me it was my fault because I had been trying to get her to fly. I woke up crying. I love Angel so much, she is so dear to me, so precious, and I can't bear the thought of losing her. Then I thought about how my loved ones will die someday, and I got scared that, since I'm the youngest, I'd die last. I can't bear the thought of losing my family before they've developed a bond with Christ. Already, my dad works so hard everyday, and he is sick, tired and over 50 years old. My mom is growing white hair, she's over 50 as well. And my brother doesn't really take care of himself. He's an adult, but he doesn't eat healthy and stuff like that. I kept crying because it's unbearable to think about the ones you cherish facing horrible pain after death. And our beautiful dove, Angel, is growing old, but I love her so much. ♥

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Life is very short actually, every body will die for sure, many even die young.
In a blink of the eyes we will be 40
in another blink we will be 50
and then there wont be another blink.
Sharing with you this feeling.
Sooner or later we will be laid here :

So short so short so short is our living.

• Winner
Reactions: Neari
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello, I wasn't too sure where to put this, but I had a nightmare last night. I've had worse, but this one, I woke up crying and I just couldn't stop for a long time. So I have 2 doves, Angel and Coco. Coco can fly and Angel has gotten too elderly to fly. (We've had Angel since I was born.)
To really simplify it, in my dream, Angel looked really sick. And she died. And this guy told me it was my fault because I had been trying to get her to fly. I woke up crying. I love Angel so much, she is so dear to me, so precious, and I can't bear the thought of losing her. Then I thought about how my loved ones will die someday, and I got scared that, since I'm the youngest, I'd die last. I can't bear the thought of losing my family before they've developed a bond with Christ. Already, my dad works so hard everyday, and he is sick, tired and over 50 years old. My mom is growing white hair, she's over 50 as well. And my brother doesn't really take care of himself. He's an adult, but he doesn't eat healthy and stuff like that. I kept crying because it's unbearable to think about the ones you cherish facing horrible pain after death. And our beautiful dove, Angel, is growing old, but I love her so much. ♥

Trust God ... to carry you ... and yours ... through the trials of this life.

I wish I could tell you that you won't face sorrow and loss, ... but that is not our life here.

But God will uphold you ... and sustain you ... and comfort you through it all.

Also, God knows how to space these painful events in your life, interspersed with joys, accomplishments, and peace.

After a few of these events occurred in my life, ... I concluded that our sole lasting possession in this life is our LOVE for God ... and for one another. You may lose loved ones ... but you will never lose your LOVE for them, ... nor their LOVE for you. LOVE is eternal ... and shall never fail ...

Focus on today ... LOVE the ones God has given to you ... and receive their LOVE for you.

Continue to receive and give LOVE ... till the end of your days, ... for this is your calling in Christ Jesus.

1 Corinthians 13:13 So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is LOVE.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Your post brings back memories for me.. I came to understand this when i was 7 years old.. I realized my mom and dad where going to die one day i also cried.. I remember i was in the kitchen with my Mom and i did not want my mom to see me cry because i did not want to tell her what i had just realized.. So i turned away and went into my own room..

It's hard that sometimes the people who are closest to you are the ones who do not place much weight on what you have to say.. So i would encourage you to pray and ask God to send them someone who will talk to them about God,, Someone who they will think of as carrying some credability... Even Jesus had the same problem with His own relatives and locals.. They saw Him as only being the carpenters son, and so did not place much weight in the Words He spoke to them..

Mark 6: KJV
1 "And he went out from thence, and came into his own country; and his disciples follow him. {2} And when the sabbath day was come, he began to teach in the synagogue: and many hearing him were astonished, saying, From whence hath this man these things? and what wisdom is this which is given unto him, that even such mighty works are wrought by his hands? {3} Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.

{4} But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house. {5} And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them. {6} And he marvelled because of their unbelief. And he went round about the villages, teaching."

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, Neari :) God bless you :) I am Bill, pleased to meet you :)
in my dream, Angel looked really sick. And she died. And this guy told me it was my fault because I had been trying to get her to fly.
Well, if the bird is becoming less able to fly, it can be harmful to try to force her to fly. But may be there are exercises and stretches which could help to restore her abilities, but gently doing this. I don't know. But, yes, if you just push her, this could be damaging. And . . . of course . . . :) if you were to throw her off the roof of a skyscraper, in order to motivate her . . . this might get an opposite effect. So, just be careful and prayerful with her, and appreciate having her. We all grow older and we need to adjust to how our abilities are as we get older; but we can help to keep ourselves in as good condition as possible, instead of just accepting difficulties and getting upset and downcast > in older age, we can mature more in how to please and submit to God and love any and all people and be His example of this, for younger people so they can see the value of preparing to do well in more mature age.

I thought about how my loved ones will die someday, and I got scared that, since I'm the youngest, I'd die last.
We can't say exactly when we will die. Younger people do die first. Also, we need to become strong in Jesus so we do not fear death > Jesus so suffered and died for us so He could deliver us from the bondage of "fear of death" (Hebrews 2:14-15). So, it is important that we become strong in God's love with immunity against fear (1 John 4:18); because fear is cruel and does not love us; and in God's love, instead, we can be creative with God to do the good that we can do, in spite of death and any evil >

"Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." (Romans 12:21)

I can't bear the thought of losing my family before they've developed a bond with Christ.
If we know that we can spend eternity with Jesus, this is so we have hope . . . not so we live in misery about how a number of people feel Jesus is not good enough for them. Yes, there are people who feel they don't need Jesus; and they even feel they are too good for Him. But Jesus is not conceited; Jesus is God's own Son; yet, Jesus left Heaven itself and came here on this earth in a human body, in order to reach us and share with us . . . even having hope for people who despise Jesus.

Jesus on the cross suffered like He did and died with hope for any wrong person, at all.

So, Jesus wants you to appreciate having Him, and have hope for your family, and be their good example. Example can be very convincing and God uses our good example. So, God bless you :) and know you have all of us who are also reaching to and caring for your family. You are not on your own, Neari.

Already, my dad works so hard everyday, and he is sick, tired and over 50 years old. My mom is growing white hair, she's over 50 as well. And my brother doesn't really take care of himself. He's an adult, but he doesn't eat healthy and stuff like that.
So, learn from the mistakes of others ! ! ! :)

There were many people who did not want Jesus, and they hurt their own selves. But Jesus kept on to help anyone who did want Him. Be there for your family, but you can adopt others as your Jesus family. God's love is adoptive, Neari :) As we grow in loving, we adopt more and more people with our care for them, and ones even become Christians so we can share as family in our Heavenly Father's way of loving. You can read in the Bible how we are called to love, including >

"And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you." (Ephesians 4:32)

I kept crying because it's unbearable to think about the ones you cherish facing horrible pain after death.
Each of us will reap what we have been sowing > Galatians 6:7-8. If we have become strong in God's love, His love will make us so we can not be effected by painful things. More and more, the cruel things of our past can not get the better of us. But in selfish loving, only for family and other favorites, we stay in weakness so we can keep suffering now, and after death become able to suffer even more when we won't be able to use pleasures to try to make us feel nicer. So, now is the time to trust in Christ and get real in God's way of loving >

"For if you love those who love you, what reward have you?" (in Matthew 5:46)

If our family loved ones do not trust in Jesus and get their character corrected by God, their own selfish nature will make them weak so they can suffer so much. So, it is not enough to just try to use Jesus to get a ticket to Heaven, but we need to actively seek our Heavenly Father to truly correct us, the way Hebrews 12:4-11 guarantees He does with us who are His children. God's grace succeeds in doing this in us, because He so loves us and does not fail.

And our beautiful dove, Angel, is growing old, but I love her so much.
If anyone has been truly good for you, Neari > after that person dies or goes somewhere else, that person will keep on being good for you, even more and more, because God will keep using a truly beneficial person to keep doing you good. I have people who still help me with their example, and I don't even know where they are, now :) And in God's love we keep adopting more and more Jesus family people to share with; all God's children are your own fathers and mothers and brothers and sisters and daughters and sons, Neari. We have "the Spirit of adoption" (Romans 8:15).

And, yes, of course we get into more and more special and intimate sharing with our Jesus family people, so we cherish them but also we share with them in all their hard and even horrible situations. And ones of these so dearly loved people will die before we do. So, we need to become strong in God's love so we can keep on doing well while we take care of all our adopted family, and not be broken by how ones will die and all will have various troubles to deal with. God's grace makes us so we can have hope and love and joy, even, in spite of how this evil world would destroy us. Evil is so contrary, that evil works to keep us from having hope in God and enjoying Him. So, we need to be so . . . no matter what . . . we keep God first and appreciate and enjoy Him, but first we are about pleasing Him, not only getting people and things to please and satisfy us.

Only God's grace can bless us to succeed in this. And you can feed on however your pastor's sermons can help you with this.

• Winner
Upvote 0