I had a maggot dream last night and was looking for help on what it may mean.

Aropaymbe

Jan 8, 2020
Chicago
✟7,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
To be very brief my maggot dream basically started off with me smelling something really rotten I knew in the dream it was a rotten egg but I just couldn’t find where the Oder was coming from, then suddenly I had a backpack in my lap and started to smell that the rotten egg was coming from the outside pocket of the backpack, once I took the egg out of the bag I noticed it was maggots coming out of the egg and then I noticed that they were small but all over my body, so I was trying to get rid of them by rushing to take my garments off and i was told I’m my dream to wash them off with cold water. I’m currently going through a separation with my husband and I’m just in this state of confusion with a lot of things right now, I am a dreamer so I don’t take these dreams lightly so those of you that are spiritually equipped to interpret my dream I would love to see your point of view on this.

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To be very brief my maggot dream basically started off with me smelling something really rotten I knew in the dream it was a rotten egg but I just couldn’t find where the Oder was coming from, then suddenly I had a backpack in my lap and started to smell that the rotten egg was coming from the outside pocket of the backpack, once I took the egg out of the bag I noticed it was maggots coming out of the egg and then I noticed that they were small but all over my body, so I was trying to get rid of them by rushing to take my garments off and i was told I’m my dream to wash them off with cold water. I’m currently going through a separation with my husband and I’m just in this state of confusion with a lot of things right now, I am a dreamer so I don’t take these dreams lightly so those of you that are spiritually equipped to interpret my dream I would love to see your point of view on this.
WELCOME!
I am a dreamer as well but would never ask my dreams to be interpreted by others. I know that if it was from God He would give me an understanding of my dream directly because I have a direct relationship with Him. We all have a direct relationship with Him. I pray that who ever attempts to interpret your dream will not mislead you in any way. :prayer:
Blessings

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
maggots simply means death

Job 13:28 One wastes away like a rotten thing, like a garment that is moth-eaten.

Sirach 10:11For when one is dead he inherits maggots and vermin and worms.

Isaiah 14:11Your pomp is brought down to Sheol, and the sound of your harps; maggots are the bed beneath you, and worms are your covering.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You should never take eggs of any kind when out hiking or backpacking.

There’s your answer. Adjust your packing list. Take only sealed foods to the great outdoors. I usually pack the Military MREs which we can get in the on post Commissary.

No eggs no maggots.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Jermayn

May 22, 2019
Northwest Florida
✟108,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Your backpack and the rotten smell coming from it is God's view of divorce.
The maggots are the cruelty that hatch from divorce, which overwhelms the wife.

Malachi 2:15-16
15 Didn’t the Lord make you one with your wife? In body and spirit you are his. And what does he want? Godly children from your union. So guard your heart; remain loyal to the wife of your youth. 16 “For I hate divorce!” says the Lord, the God of Israel. “To divorce your wife is to overwhelm her with cruelty,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies. “So guard your heart; do not be unfaithful to your wife.”

Some other translations say, "For the Lord God of Israel says
That He hates divorce,
For it covers one’s garment with violence", which seems to be better interpretation to your dream.

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mod hat on
291408_e6cf608610e995bd8499eea7250caff4.jpeg

this thread has been moved from
Introduce Yourself
to
Sign Gifts
for a better fit and responses and also because IY is for short greetings.
Hat off.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Be very careful of dream interpretation. Most dreams are quite meaningless and are a result of the brain "rebooting itself" at the end of the day. I am 76 and in my entire life I can only recall just two dreams that had any connection at all to my waking life.

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to CF! I'm just wondering if you have taken a pregnancy test in awhile...or if you have any kids...just because when I think about an egg, I think about fertility...I don't interpret ot anything, but that was a thought that came to mind...

Upvote 0

Jermayn

May 22, 2019
Northwest Florida
✟108,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I should mention I’m not gifted in interpretation of dreams. God just brought this verse to mind, which really seemed to fit your dream. I personally feel like he may be telling you to try to mend your marriage, but seek his guidance on this.

Upvote 0