• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

I had a great time at church

Discussion in 'The Junk Drawer' started by sunshine100, Apr 15, 2019.

1. sunshine100

sunshine100 Love God Love people Supporter

+1,571
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I had a great time at church yesterday,they were singing my favorite christian songs,and the guy in the band that has such an amazing voice was singing yesterday,everyone loves his voice,his voice really does sound amazing,he is great.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. ChristianForCats

ChristianForCats God Seeker

+222
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Was it a Vineyard church? I always loved band worship music.

Praising God through song is great, but you have to like the pastor's message too. What was the topic?

3. Ttalkkugjil

Ttalkkugjil Spiritual Director

+871
    Korea, Republic Of
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    Congratulations on having a great time at church yesterday.

4. sunshine100

+1,571
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    What is a vineyard church?

5. ChristianForCats

+222
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    It is called Vineyard Christian Fellowship. There are 2,400 branches worldwide. This is the one I joined:

Vineyard Columbus - Home

6. sunshine100

+1,571
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    no it's not a vine yard church,your church looks like a nice one.

7. ChristianForCats

+222
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    It is a great church and I still miss it.

8. Archivist

Archivist Senior Veteran Supporter

+4,021
    Lutheran
    Single
    US-Republican
    I visited a Vineyard Church in California a number of years ago. Not the type of service this Lutheran is used to, but I did enjoy it.

9. ChristianForCats

+222
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    It is not Lutheran at all. They call themselves "evangelical with neo-charismatic orientation." That is most similar to Pentacostal of the mainstream churches.

10. Ttalkkugjil

Ttalkkugjil Spiritual Director

+871
    Korea, Republic Of
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    Sounds more like a concert than a worship service. How was the pastor's message? What did they preach on? What passages from the Bible were read? Did you participate in the Sacrament?

11. Archivist

Archivist Senior Veteran Supporter

+4,021
    Lutheran
    Single
    US-Republican
    Yes, I know that. That is why I said that it is not the type of service I am used to attending. But I did enjoy it.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  12. usexpat97

usexpat97 kewlness

+688
    Presbyterian
    Single
    Ah, Easter Sunday. The church service after you tried to feed the kids dyed Easter eggs for breakfast, but they ended up splurging on an incredibly-healthy breakfast of chocolate Easter eggs instead. And you get to control the fallout.

13. ChristianForCats

+222
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    When I was a girl, my mom hid plastic eggs that break in half to put bite-size chocolate inside. Of course, I dyed eggsc before Easter too, but they were never what the "Easter Bunny" put around my house. I got an Easter basket with bigger chocolate bunnies, which were too cute to eat first. I missed that when Mom decided to just take advantage of sales the next day, intentionally missing out on most eggs and bunnies.

I care about three things on Easter: real Easter chocolate, nothing to worry about, and, most importantly, what we are celebrating.

14. Yarddog

Yarddog Senior Contributor Supporter

+2,240
    Catholic
    Married
    I have a great time every Mass. Jesus was there in body and blood and God's Spirit filled the people.