• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I had a bad thought again

Job405

Jesus Christ Matters
Site Supporter
May 17, 2020
Uusimaa
✟121,390.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was laying in bed once again and had another bad thought, this time it was "the devil is god". I started with thinking "the devil is" and then for some reason I thought "god" at the end of that thought. Of course I did not mean it or anything, it was just a random thought. But I felt something inside me physically hurt by that thought.

Do you think God will forgive me for this thought? It didn't come from my heart, I do not really believe that the devil is god, he is nothing but an evil loser.

• Prayers
Reactions: Jeshu

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The thought hurt you because it is a hurtful thought, so you felt the truth. Its best to ask God to forgive you your unholy thoughts and bring you holy thought with His loving truth. Do not fear Him, He is a gracious God, who knows how human minds can trick.

Just thank Him for Jesus.

Upvote 0

Dendy

Nov 30, 2014
✟19,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I was laying in bed once again and had another bad thought, this time it was "the devil is god". I started with thinking "the devil is" and then for some reason I thought "god" at the end of that thought. Of course I did not mean it or anything, it was just a random thought. But I felt something inside me physically hurt by that thought.

Do you think God will forgive me for this thought? It didn't come from my heart, I do not really believe that the devil is god, he is nothing but an evil loser.

Upvote 0

Dendy

Nov 30, 2014
✟19,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Upvote 0

Dendy

Nov 30, 2014
✟19,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟142,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

OCD will continue to try to torment us with new intrusive thoughts. How could you apply strategies you've learned for treating other intrusive thoughts to this thought?

Reactions: Ann77
Upvote 0