• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I Guess I'm Beyond Saving.

Jul 10, 2012
✟7,692.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Upon much research I have conducted over the past few months in regards to whether or not I would even have a snowball's chance in heck of entering Heaven, it seems that I am a lost cause. I have committed terrible sins. I'm lustful and have used the Lord's name in vain far more times than I can count without cringing.
All of my research has lead me to the cold, hard truth: No matter how sorry I am, no matter how much I change, I still won't enter Heaven. The damage has already been done and I'm a lost cause. I don't really know what to do now. I mean, I can only cry so much. I'm so disheartened. I'll never get to go to Heaven and be around Jesus, or see my brother, or my grandmothers, or my friends. Those final goodbyes were really final goodbyes. The last times I got to see them were really the last times. I don't feel like living much anymore, but I don't want to die because I know where I'm going. I can't pray and talk to God because He won't listen. I'm hopeless and can't do anything. Kinda feels like I've already died.

Dreamer1999

Apr 1, 2013
Home
✟435.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
You are not beyond saving. You have committed sins, everyone has. God will forgive you when you die like he will forgive everyone. Let Jesus into your heart and life. Pray and talk to God, he will always listen to you, even though you don't hear him. You are not a lost cause and you will get into Heaven as long as you ask for forgiveness. Our lord will forgive you just like he forgave me and many other people. Don't lost hope because you can do something: build a relationship with God. May God bless you.

Upvote 0

Pegasusangel

Looking for Gods Love
Apr 1, 2013
On My knees
✟7,643.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Dandy, no one is beyond saving. God knows we are on the world where sin comes easy as the devil is the Prince of the Earth. God would save a murderer if they accepted him on death row. All sins to God are the same. The times you used his name in vain were just like being a murderer. However, God loves you and is listening even though it does not feel like it. There is a song but I can't recall the name. Maybe you know: "He saved the worst among you when he saved a wretch like me."

If that is not proof enough look back to the days of Saul before he became Paul. Saul persecuted Christians, put them in jail, killed them and was good at it. He was one of the top people in that profession. However Jesus met him in the path and asked him "Saul why are you persecuting me?"

Saul became Paul who went on to preach to other's about Gods love, and he is in heaven right now.

You can get saved, I know the battle between the devil and God is hard right now. They both want your soul. The Devil is causing your frustration making you see all the bad. Turn to God, look at yourself through his eyes. He see's a small child, one whom he loves very much. Do not give up hope, you can be saved.

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

~Pegasusangel~

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟46,421.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What would you say about a guy who murdered every preacher he could find.

this same guy also burned every bible he could find.

Anyone (whether they believed or not) who stood up to this guy was instantly murdered.

He was all about his blood sports and his prostitutes and orgies.

the reason this guy got away with it was that he was a king.

think God would ever forgive this guy?

Actually God did forgive this guy. His name is Mannaseh. He is in the Book of Kings.

I seriously doubt that you have done the atrocities that this guy did. The whole nation had to pay the price for his sins (They were a nation created by God and for God)...but God still forgave him when he turned from his wicked ways.

There is no such thing as hopelessness.

Upvote 0

Tellastory

Hebrews 13:13
Mar 10, 2013
In God's Hand
✟16,186.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would even have a snowball's chance in heck of entering Heaven,

You can't save yourself. That is why He came. Jesus is the Saviour. Just by you even believing in His name, you are saved.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

John 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: 15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

How is it that you are saved? Read this below, and think of Christ as that Passover Lamb where the wrath of God passed over the blood on the doorway in Egypt that forced the Pharoah to let His people go.

Colossians 1:20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven. 21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled 22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: 23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

it seems that I am a lost cause. I have committed terrible sins. I'm lustful and have used the Lord's name in vain far more times than I can count without cringing.

That is what you give to Jesus for in prayer to deliver you from it.

1 John 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.....8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

1 John 2:1My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: 2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 John 1:4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full. 5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

The irony is that if you were beyond saving, you would not care about this at all, but you do which is why you are not beyond saving because you are saved when you first came to and believed in Jesus Christ.

I'm hopeless and can't do anything.

John 6:28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? 29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

If we could not save ourselves, then neither can we follow Him by our religious flesh of doing the best we can or keeping a commitment or a promise to follow Him.

Galatians 3:1O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh? 4 Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain.

Galatians 5:1Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage....5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

That's what it means that the just shall live by faith in the Son of God and all of His promises to us thus getting to know Him and the power of His resurrection when we see ourselves as able to follow Him by faith in Him.

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:...9 And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; 10 That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ. 11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

We are to rest in Him as our Saviour that we are saved as promised: and we are called to continue in His love by continuing in His words as His disciples, looking to Him as our author & finisher of our faith to help us lay aside every weight & sin thus resting in Him as our Good Shepherd.

The laying aside of every weight & sin with His help does not stop until He brings us Home where we will be perfect and never sin to be seperated from God ever again.

Hebrews 12:1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

So in dealing with lust, put away all provisions for the flesh that would fulfill that lust.... whatever serves as an eyecandy for that lust. Ask Jesus for help to discern what that is .. be it television, magazines, music, passion romance novels.... and ask Jesus to help you set your mind on good things. I do. I had to get rid of comicbooks in the past to help me not to think about lust. Stop feeding it, and it will die. My body suffered with all of that stress that I went jogging to relieve the stress of it.

In dealing with the words of my mouth, I had to ask Jesus to set me free from my covenant not to cuss and rest in His Covenant that He will do it.

I can definitely say it has no dominion over me, but on occasion I will slip up but He reminds me just so I do not continue in it for it to have dominion over me.

So don't look to yourself in doing God's work in you at all. Look to Jesus Christ in doing God's work in you. You will have more reasons to thank Him than for just simply giving you eternal life.

We shall get to know Him as our Good Shepherd as well as our Saviour when we live that reconciled relationship with God THROUGH Jesus Christ.

So the fact that you are sorry and grieving over your sins means you are saved when you had believed in Him. Ask Jesus to help you trust Him as your Good Shepherd as well as your Saviour so that you can live that reconciled relationship through Him with His continual ever present help as you rest in Him that you are saved.

Upvote 0

mikenet2006

Jun 9, 2006
Asheville NC
Visit site
✟10,999.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Please whatever you do keep trying, things will get better for you but you need to believe that you are worth being saved, everyone is. I've had similar thoughts from time to time, my life has not been led the way it should have been but I'll wake up tomorrow and hope for better times, and do what I can to get there.

For me, I need to believe that God will support me along the way as I put in what efforts I can because I can't do it alone. Hang in there, and keep praying, you'll be ok.

Upvote 0
J

Joshua0

I can't pray and talk to God because He won't listen.
God does not listen when we complain. When we give thanks and praise onto God He hears that. God does not want anyone to perish, He wants everyone to come to a saving knowledge of the truth. He gives us the Holy Spirit to be our teacher. To guide and to lead us into truth. So just pray and ask God for understanding and He will help you. He can set you free from your bondage and you can live right before Him. Just trust Him and HE will find a way for you. He always has a way for us to go. He can always rescue, save, deliver and heal us. Jesus died to set us free. That is how much love they have for us, that they made the sacrifice for us to save us from sin, death, hell and destruction. You have a lot to learn about God. But like I said, the Holy Spirit will teach and guide us and to lead us into all truth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Mar 3, 2013
✟15,776.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upon much research I have conducted over the past few months in regards to whether or not I would even have a snowball's chance in heck of entering Heaven, it seems that I am a lost cause. I have committed terrible sins. I'm lustful and have used the Lord's name in vain far more times than I can count without cringing.
What? Where does Jesus, who IS God, say, "If you are lustful and have used the Lord's name in vain but feel sorry about it you can't go to heaven."
Errr... Answer: NOWHERE.

I don't even recall that being part of His commandments in Matthew, Mark, and Luke to the young man.

"He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, honor your father and your mother; and love your neighbor as yourself.

The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?

Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me."
JESUS'S, God's words, Matthew 19: 18-21

You follow Him, you love Him, you love Jesus, who Is God. You want to do what He says, "If you love me, follow my commandments."

....JESUS is the ultimate authority, so listen to HIS words and follow HIS commandments. If someone told you these things that you would go to hell even though you love Him and follow HIm I am sorry, but that is judging, which is also against His commandments to not judge and act like a god (choosing who lives and who dies, who goes to heaven and who goes to hell). We are only humans, so I can only point you to Jesus, who IS God, and His words and commandments.

All of my research has lead me to the cold, hard truth: No matter how sorry I am, no matter how much I change, I still won't enter Heaven. The damage has already been done and I'm a lost cause. I don't really know what to do now. I mean, I can only cry so much. I'm so disheartened. I'll never get to go to Heaven and be around Jesus, or see my brother, or my grandmothers, or my friends. Those final goodbyes were really final goodbyes. The last times I got to see them were really the last times. I don't feel like living much anymore, but I don't want to die because I know where I'm going. I can't pray and talk to God because He won't listen. I'm hopeless and can't do anything. Kinda feels like I've already died.

What research? WHO's research? WHO are you listening to? YOU LOVE JESUS, you FOLLOW JESUS. It looks like you didn't break His commandments to the young man, I don't recall Him ever saying what it sounded like you were saying.

"Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh."

Jesus's, God's words, Luke 6:21

"12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life."
Jesus's, God's words, Luke 6:21

"25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26"
Jesus's, God's words, Matthew 6:25-26

Luke 12:22 Then Jesus said to His disciples: "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear.

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
Jesus's, God's words, Matthew 22:21

13 The Lord saw her. He shared in her sorrows and troubles. He said to her, `Do not cry."
JESUS'S, GOD's words, Luke 7:13

"How blessed are those who mourn, because it is they who will be comforted!"
Jesus's, God's words, Matthew 5:4

John 16:20 Very truly I tell you, you will weep and mourn while the world rejoices. You will grieve, but your grief will turn to joy.

Jesus, who is God, loves His children, and He will come to them when they are in need and will comfort them. FOLLOW HIM, and TRUST HIM, do not worry!:priest:

Upvote 0

joeboonda

Eternally Secure Believer
Jan 8, 2006
Tennessee, USA
✟7,827.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Jesus did not die to pay for the small sins of some good people to "help" them "make it" to Heaven. He died to pay for the big, terrible sins of bad, black-hearted people who have no hope of "making it" to Heaven. Salvation is a free gift, from God to us, not from us to God. Nobody deserves it. It is completely undeserved, unmerited favor (grace) and is completely free. If you trust in or rely on Christ to have paid for all your sins, past, present and future, you are freely saved to the uttermost, forevermore. Don't believe the lie that you are too bad to be saved, compared to the Holiness of God, we all are. Just trust Christ and his word:

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. John 5:24

Jesus said he will save WHOSOEVER asks him. You are a WHOSOEVER. So, fear not!

Upvote 0