• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

I Got a Book Cover!

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by J. King, Oct 29, 2021.

1. J. King

J. King New Member

+17
    United States
    Protestant
    Married
    Excuse me while I totally hyperventilate. I have my first book cover! I'm so terrified that no one will like it or that no one will give the book a fair chance.

I hope you guys like it! I don't even know how many years have led up to this moment, but it feels like a lifetime.

upload_2021-10-29_21-57-53.png

Wish me luck in spreading the Word!
    Jim

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+45,829
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    What is the cover meant to represent?

3. J. King

J. King New Member

+17
    United States
    Protestant
    Married
    Well, the book is about lambs on a space ship. Kinda weird, I know. But it's a murder mystery in space. The main character's best friend is accused of murder, so she's got to solve the murder to save her friend.

Does the image directly represent the story? Perhaps not perfectly, but hopefully it will be enough to get people to look.

Ugh. You don't think this will be a fiasco, do you?

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  4. Michie

+45,829
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I do not know enough about it to say. But I found it odd that a lamb’s head was depicted on a black astronaut.

5. SkyWriting

SkyWriting The Librarian Supporter

+7,676
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    There are plenty of reading forums who will evaluate your book and offer feedback.
    Nobody will read it without extensive marketing on your part.

6. Michie

+45,829
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I see the body is Mae Jemison. You might need permission to use her image in this way.

upload_2021-10-30_2-4-24.jpeg

7. J. King

J. King New Member

+17
    United States
    Protestant
    Married
    Yeah, I've heard that it's a real nightmare to get anyone to notice your book with the zillions that are also up on Amazon. Why would anyone ever notice mine, right?

Do you know if any reading forum is interested in Christian books specifically? I don't even know where to start finding one.

8. J. King

J. King New Member

+17
    United States
    Protestant
    Married
    Yeah, when you buy stock image art, you're paying for permission to use them. :)

9. SkyWriting

+7,676
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Most people on Amazon are not browsing. You need to splash your book cover on sites where people are reading. For example, I don't know what your book is about based on the cover.

The Official List of Harper’s Fall 2020 YA Book Covers

10. SkyWriting

+7,676
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    You need to become the EXPERT at promoting and finding readers.
    You can give away your book in exchange for a review.
    Top 20 Christian Forums, Discussion and Message Boards

11. J. King

J. King New Member

+17
    United States
    Protestant
    Married
    They do browse but typically it's (non-fiction) "I want to learn how to X" or (fiction) "I like books by Y, what else have they written?" kinds of browsing. Neither helps me.

As I understand it, in only a few genres does the front cover need to explain what the book is about. The "rules" as I've read them are:
    • The front cover must be interesting/intriguing/shocking/surprising enough to make the reader pick it up off the shelf and read the back cover.
    • The back cover must be interesting/intriguing/shocking/surprising enough to make the reader open the book and read the first 500 words.
    • The first 500 words must be interesting/intriguing/shocking/surprising enough to make the reader buy the book.
    • The book must be interesting/intriguing/shocking/surprising enough to make the reader buy the sequel.
    But regardless, the book is finally live now. If anyone has found the front cover interesting/intriguing/shocking/surprising enough, you can find the book here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09KN7Y8QH

You can download more than the first 500 words to your Kindle reader or by clicking the "Look Inside" thinggy.

Thanks,
    Jim

P.S. Aaaaaaaaaand I see a type-o on the cover. Awesome. Now I've got to see if that can be changed or if it will be wrong forever. :(

P.P.S Now I get to learn how to market a book. I just know I'm going to hate this, but thanks everyone for your support and prayers! Regardless of what lays ahead, it's thrilling to get to this point. And if you do read any of the story, I'd love to hear what you think of it!

12. SkyWriting

+7,676
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Every book is a dud and lost without promotions.
    Chicken soup for the soul had 36 months on promotions. But generally you have 3 months before publication and 3 months following, and that's the only time you'll get attention from media.
    Blogs, magazines, and even TV.

I can inform you on how to get TV interviews.
    If you dig around, you can listen to his podcasts free.
    https://www.guaranteedcelebrity.com/

Last edited: Oct 31, 2021