I found this comment in a post.

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Because of the cycle of the feasts are under the influence of the moon to start both the spring and fall feasts, the value of they also starting the months of the year lie within. The cycle of seven in any given week is bas4ed on the sun. Thus using this principal, the cycle of any seven is based on the sun while the feasts continue to be influenced by the moon. Both are for signs and seasons. The feasts are prophetic and since they hinge on the moon, it also is important for prophecies.

The cycle of seven is eternal. The jubilee would be influenced by both the feasts [Yom Kippur] to start and 364 year cycle. By keeping the feasts and moon cycle, the year is reset every so many years to hold the seasons in place.

Now as to the importance of the barley harvest in the spring, we know that swings wildly with the weather. Those who follow the harvest for determination of spring feast find themselves at odds with the cycle of tradition already established, and it is well noted the difference.

As to the exploring the other avenues, be it a 364/360 in years, 12/13 months, 49/50 count for Jubilee count, that is what makes this forum a great place to lay before others what you have come to see. Does it make it right? Maybe, but one must be willing to be objective and willing to see the other point of view fairly.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
And when did Israel begin to sanctify the months? In Egypt, as it says “This month shall be the first month for you…” (Exodus 12:2). Since the Israelites had been in Egypt for 400 years, things have tendency of getting lost. God was establishing a start, which was always the beginning of the first month, so that the Israelites could know the start from which to count the days, weeks and months, feasts, etc. It is like a conductor tapping his music stand with his wand, to get their attention and to also have them all begin to make music at the movement of his wand.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
The phases of the moon teach us a very important lesson. No one is so perfect that they never fall, that they never sin. As the Torah teaches us, “The righteous can fall even seven times, and rise again; but the wicked stumble with evil” (Proverbs 24:16). The righteous fall, but they get up again. That’s what makes them righteous. Everyone has high moments and low moments, and sometimes those “moments” can last a while. The moon also declines every month. But the moon never gives up. The moon comes right back and starts all over again. When the moon is eclipsed, it is believed to not favorable for the Jewish nation.

The sun on the other hand is a constant, rising in the east and setting in the west. It path changes with the seasons, making it last longer or shorter in the sky, but always a constant source of light, except during the eclipse. At the time when the sun is eclipsed, it is an unfavorable period for the world.

Here an example 100-Year-Old Jewish Prophecy Predicts Solar Eclipse Portends Destruction of North Korea

Upvote 0

pinacled

walking with the Shekinah
Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If only the narrow path were to be found while visiting the third heaven. A place where the stars, sun, and moon share a place in time.

If only glory were given to the Lord Of Lights on the 4th day.

Being washed in starlight reminds me of a hearts star rising with calls and call to kefa that fateful evening.

Though the oppressive corrupt priest at the moment boasted.

Kefa heard a promise.

Blessings Always

Upvote 0