✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
1 Chronicles 23:31
And to offer all burnt sacrifices unto the Lord in the sabbaths, in the new moons, and on the set feasts, by number, according to the order commanded unto them, continually before the Lord:

2 Chronicles 2:4
Behold, I build an house to the name of the Lord my God, to dedicate it to him, and to burn before him sweet incense, and for the continual shewbread, and for the burnt offerings morning and evening, on the sabbaths, and on the new moons, and on the solemn feasts of the Lord our God. This is an ordinance for ever to Israel.

2 Chronicles 8:13
Even after a certain rate every day, offering according to the commandment of Moses, on the sabbaths, and on the new moons, and on the solemn feasts, three times in the year, even in the feast of unleavened bread, and in the feast of weeks, and in the feast of tabernacles.

What does David write? A lot of the songs of Psalms..
Psalm 81:3
Blow up the trumpet in the new moon, in the time appointed, on our solemn feast day.
Yes and these and all passages like them would be awesome in establishing a lunar calendar...except when we examine scripture closely and breakdown the math and draw everything out: we find that there is no command from beginning to end of scripture to use the Moon to determine dates from year to year:

=====================
01) Sun 30 Days - Moon 29 Days = 1 Day
02) Sun 30 Days - Moon 30 Days = 0 Days
03) Sun 31 Days - Moon 29 Days = 2 Days
=====================
04) Sun 30 Days - Moon 30 Days = 0 Days
05) Sun 30 Days - Moon 29 Days = 1 Day
06) Sun 31 Days - Moon 30 Days = 1 Day
=====================
07) Sun 30 Days - Moon 29 Days = 1 Day
08) Sun 30 Days - Moon 30 Days = 0 Days
09) Sun 31 Days - Moon 29 Days = 2 Days
=====================
10) Sun 30 Days - Moon 30 Days = 0 Days
11) Sun 30 Days - Moon 29 Days = 1 Day
12) Sun 31 Days - Moon 30 Days = 1 Day
=====================

Subtotal
Sun 374 Days | Moon 354 Days = Moon falls behind the Sun 10 Days

to correct this before moving into the new year we must transfer the surplus days from the Sun to the Moon...

Grand Total
Sun 364 Days | Moon 364 Days

As we can see from the numbers above the Moon is not reliable in keeping the year in harmony. Though it has its uses for a sign through the seasons, days, and years like the Sun and stars: scripture is clear that the Sun leads the Moon and the stars throughout the year.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pinacled

walking with the Shekinah
Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes and these and all passages like them would be awesome in establishing a lunar calendar...except when we examine scripture closely and breakdown the math and draw everything out: we find that there is no command from beginning to end of scripture to use the Moon to determine dates from year to year:

=====================
01) Sun 30 Days - Moon 29 Days = 1 Day
02) Sun 30 Days - Moon 30 Days = 0 Days
03) Sun 31 Days - Moon 29 Days = 2 Days
=====================
04) Sun 30 Days - Moon 30 Days = 0 Days
05) Sun 30 Days - Moon 29 Days = 1 Day
06) Sun 31 Days - Moon 30 Days = 1 Day
=====================
07) Sun 30 Days - Moon 29 Days = 1 Day
08) Sun 30 Days - Moon 30 Days = 0 Days
09) Sun 31 Days - Moon 29 Days = 2 Days
=====================
10) Sun 30 Days - Moon 30 Days = 0 Days
11) Sun 30 Days - Moon 29 Days = 1 Day
12) Sun 31 Days - Moon 30 Days = 1 Day
=====================

Subtotal
Sun 374 Days | Moon 354 Days = Moon falls behind the Sun 10 Days

to correct this before moving into the new year we must transfer the surplus days from the Sun to the Moon...

Grand Total
Sun 364 Days | Moon 364 Days

As we can see from the numbers above the Moon is not reliable in keeping the year in harmony. Though it has its uses for to be for a sign through the seasons, days, and years like the Sun and stars: scripture is clear that the Sun leads the Moon and the stars throughout the year.
Where are you getting your monthly calculations for days.(rhetorical) If it is from a greco/roman calendar the calculations will distract from the three ordinant courses.

Think of how many days are composed of a week. From this you will find a weekly count of 52 for a certain number of seasonal yrs if I recall correctly. 12 of which are set apart from what I've found in studying the heavenly ordinances.
Relying on the sun alone is warned about in yecheskel(ezekiel.

Interesting conversational subject.
Especially your observance of the moon(lesser light) having a course that seemingly weaves a certain way throughtout the course of a yr.

Something you might find useful in your studies is how many days in a yr do both the sun(greater light) and moon(lesser light) share the sky?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

YHWH_will_uplift

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2016
California
✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Where are you getting your monthly calculations for days. If it is from a greco/roman calendar the calculations will distract from the three ordinant courses.

Think of how many days are composed of a week. From this you will find a weekly count of 52 for a certain number of seasonal yrs if I recall correctly. 12 of which are set apart from what I've found in studying the heavenly ordinances.
Please see posts #11 and #15 for my answer to your question in my calculation of days.

Could you share that passage of scripture from Ezekiel? I have never heard of such a warning.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pinacled

Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Please posts #11 and #15 for my answer to your question in my calculation of days.

Could you share that passage of scripture from Ezekiel? I have never heard of such a warning.
8;16

Upvote 0

YHWH_will_uplift

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2016
California
✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Brother...Ezekiel 8:16 is God showing Ezekiel that the leaders of Israel are committing Sun worship. It says nothing about relying on the Sun alone for the calculation of days and years.

Upvote 0

YHWH_will_uplift

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2016
California
✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Where are you getting your monthly calculations for days.(rhetorical) If it is from a greco/roman calendar the calculations will distract from the three ordinant courses.

Interesting conversational subject.
Especially your observance of the moon(lesser light) having a course that seemingly weaves a certain way throughtout the course of a yr.

Something you might find useful in your studies is how many days in a yr do both the sun(greater light) and moon(lesser light) share the sky?
In response to the last part of your quoted message in post #22 you will see my reasoning and observations which can be found in posts #11, #15, and #21 of this thread.

Upvote 0

pinacled

Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Brother...Ezekiel 8:16 is God showing Ezekiel that the leaders of Israel are committing Sun worship. It says nothing about relying on the Sun alone for the calculation of days and years.
Yes, that is the plain meaning. But you will need to explore further in order to fully understand what occurred.
Hence " a man sits for 6 days and calls himself king."

I've followed the thread closely, including your post.
Thankyou for sharing your personal work and studies.

In Bamidbar(numbers 28 there are many complexities to navigate. One such subject is instruction of the tenths(tithes).

With this in mind remember what ole sh'aul discussed concerning the priestly order of melkesidek.
And then further on to what he does not mention or discuss concerning the Holy of hollies.
Blessings Always

Upvote 0

YHWH_will_uplift

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2016
California
✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
1 Chronicles 23:31
And to offer all burnt sacrifices unto the Lord in the sabbaths, in the new moons, and on the set feasts, by number, according to the order commanded unto them, continually before the Lord:

2 Chronicles 2:4
Behold, I build an house to the name of the Lord my God, to dedicate it to him, and to burn before him sweet incense, and for the continual shewbread, and for the burnt offerings morning and evening, on the sabbaths, and on the new moons, and on the solemn feasts of the Lord our God. This is an ordinance for ever to Israel.

2 Chronicles 8:13
Even after a certain rate every day, offering according to the commandment of Moses, on the sabbaths, and on the new moons, and on the solemn feasts, three times in the year, even in the feast of unleavened bread, and in the feast of weeks, and in the feast of tabernacles.

What does David write? A lot of the songs of Psalms..
Psalm 81:3
Blow up the trumpet in the new moon, in the time appointed, on our solemn feast day.
Another quick thing to point out sister visionary is that the 'new moon' in the passages you cited above are connected to sacrifices found in Leviticus and Numbers 28:11. These are in reality new months for when we look at Genesis 1:14-19 carefully the Moon was created in it's full state: therefore if we were to adhere to the view that the Moon determines the months according to scripture then we would have an immediate problem. If you start with a full Moon on the 1st Day of the 1st Month on the 4th Day of the Week then that means 29 Days later you have a full Moon in the same month. This same problem will occur if you start out the Moon in any of its other phases.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Another quick thing to point out sister visionary is that the 'new moon' in the passages you cited above are connected to sacrifices found in Leviticus and Numbers 28:11. These are in reality new months for when we look at Genesis 1:14-19 carefully the Moon was created in it's full state: therefore if we were to adhere to the view that the Moon determines the months according to scripture then we would have an immediate problem. If you start with a full Moon on the 1st Day of the 1st Month on the 4th Day of the Week then that means 29 Days later you have a full Moon in the same month. This same problem will occur if you start out the Moon in any of its other phases.
If God says to use the moon for the start of the month, then I do. Even if it messes with the yearly count.

• Agree
Reactions: pinacled
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
The first visible sighting of the crescent new moon begins a new month. The Biblical months alternated between 29 and 30 days long, with the first month beginning as 30 days. The Biblical year had 354 days, every three years an extra 29 day-month called Veadar was added between Adar and Abib. The start of the Biblical New Year depends on the sighting of the ripening of the Abib-barley harvest in Jerusalem towards the end of the 12th month (Deu.16:1; Exo.12:2).

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
moon_4.jpg

“HE appointed the moon for seasons...”
(literal Hebrew means “set times”)
- Psalm 104:19

• Useful
Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
In Numbers 28:11, the New Moon offering is commanded for the first time: “On the first of every month, present to the Lord a burnt offering of two young bulls, one ram and seven male lambs a year old, all without defect.” Each of the animal sacrifices was to be accompanied by a grain offering and a drink offering (verses 12–14). In addition to burnt offerings, a goat was to be sacrificed to the Lord as a sin offering (verse 15). The New Moon festival marked the consecration to God of each new month in the year. New Moon festivals were marked by sacrifices, the blowing of trumpets over the sacrifices (Numbers 10:10), the suspension of all labor and trade (Nehemiah 10:31), and social or family feasts (1 Samuel 20:5).

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Although the New Moon is an appointed time, it is not a Sabbath, nor is there a commandment to assemble on it for a 'holy convocation.' We know from the book of 1 Samuel that King Saul used to hold a two-day banquet on the New Moon.2 We know that the prophets taught on the Sabbaths and New Moons.3 Shofars were sounded on the New Moon.4 In the Messianic kingdom to come, "it shall be from new moon to new moon and from Sabbath to Sabbath, all mankind will come to bow down before Me," says the LORD. (Isaiah 66:23)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
"God said, 'Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to separate day from night; they shall serve as signs for the set times - the days and the years; and they shall serve as lights in the expanse of the sky to shine upon the earth.' And it was so. God made the two great lights, the greater light to dominate the day and the lesser light to dominate the night, and the stars." Gen.1:14-16

These two great lights are the sun, and the moon, respectively. The word for 'set times' here is moedim (appointed times) which is the very word that God chooses to use to describe His festivals. One more passage that speaks of these two lights is found in Psalms 104:19: "He made the moon to mark the seasons; the sun knows when to set."

This passage clearly sets the moon apart as the main marker of the seasons, while the sun is to mark the day. The moon that reflects the light of the Sun confirms throughout the month as it waxes and wanes that the created order is not chaotic. Its visible rebirth each month is very orderly and precise, but not absolutely predictable. Therefore, each month has a degree of expectancy about it.

• Agree
Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
The moon's full cycle of illumination averages 29.53059 days. Thus we have our biblical months of either 29 or 30 days.

• Informative
Upvote 0

YHWH_will_uplift

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2016
California
✟163,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
If God says to use the moon for the start of the month, then I do. Even if it messes with the yearly count.
But where does He say to use it? We know the Torah is the foundation for scripture, so where in the Torah is the instruction to use the Moon to begin the months?

Upvote 0

pinacled

Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
In Numbers 28:11, the New Moon offering is commanded for the first time: “On the first of every month, present to the Lord a burnt offering of two young bulls, one ram and seven male lambs a year old, all without defect.” Each of the animal sacrifices was to be accompanied by a grain offering and a drink offering (verses 12–14). In addition to burnt offerings, a goat was to be sacrificed to the Lord as a sin offering (verse 15). The New Moon festival marked the consecration to God of each new month in the year. New Moon festivals were marked by sacrifices, the blowing of trumpets over the sacrifices (Numbers 10:10), the suspension of all labor and trade (Nehemiah 10:31), and social or family feasts (1 Samuel 20:5).
The ten offerings reminds me of what danyl saw on the 24 day of month 1.

Blessed be the eternal throne.

Upvote 0