• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

I found the cutest swimsuit!

Discussion in 'Community Hangout' started by Searching_for_God, Mar 14, 2019 at 5:40 PM.

1. Searching_for_God

Searching_for_God Wannabe Catholic Supporter

+628
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-American-Solidarity
    Today I went to the store to pick up some ink for my printer and, while I was at it, I decided to go to Target as well to get some eggs and that was it... at least, that was the plan, but I knew DARN well that the chances I would walk out of Target with more than just eggs were high (I have no self-control, lol).

When I entered the store, the first thing I was greeted with was mannequins displaying different kinds of swimsuits. I thought they were really cute, but I went on my way to get the eggs that I needed. Then, as I was heading back to the registers to pay for the eggs, I took one last look at the swimsuits. They looked so very cute, and the one that I was focusing on, in particular, was a one-piece. Maybe I just haven't been looking all these years, but it's been awhile since I saw a nice looking one-piece swimsuit being sold at a store!

I thought about it for a minute or two, then decided that I wanted to buy the swimsuit. After all, the swimwear that I've been wearing these past few summers was just a swimming shirt and a swimming skirt, both of which I found at a thrift store. I still think my old swimwear is decent and cute, but I'm almost 23 now. I needed a change in my swimwear. Something that looked a bit more mature and less like something you'd see a kid wearing.

Anyways, if you guys are curious, here's the swimsuit that I got.
    And, since I still want to be modest even while I swim, I also got some black swim shorts to wear underneath my swimsuit. Thank goodness Target was selling them very close to the swimsuits, otherwise I might have passed on getting one altogether.

Also, I didn't tell anyone that I got a new swimsuit. I'm going to surprise them this summer when I wear it the first time we go swimming. :)

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Repartee Animal Supporter

+1,593
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    I guess you got over your body-image ennui from your other post, then...?

3. Searching_for_God

+628
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-American-Solidarity
    Mmm... Well, for now, I think that the self-consciousness of my body image is fading away. I think it's likely to come back at some point, but in the meantime, I'm trying to keep in mind that looks aren't everything... but when I do find something that I think makes me look nice, I make sure to try and acknowledge that with positive thinking instead of putting myself down with negative thoughts.

4. Sabertooth

+1,593
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    It is still okay to like your own looks, and play them up (for yourself). It sounds like this suit has moved you in that direction.

5. Searching_for_God

+628
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-American-Solidarity
    I agree! And yes it has. :) I have to make a point to go get myself some new clothes every once in awhile. It really helps to boost my confidence.

6. MariaJLM

MariaJLM Crazy Cat Lady

+670
    Canada
    Eastern Orthodox
    Celibate
    CA-Others
    Aww it's not letting me see it. Maybe because I'm in Canada, lol.

7. Searching_for_God

+628
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-American-Solidarity
    Aww, no fair. Well, then I guess I could describe it to you then. It's basically just a grey one piece swimsuit with flowers on the sides and that's it. :)

8. Lost4words

Lost4words Like a puppy, i need guidance. Supporter

+1,996
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    I can never find one for 4 paws and a tail!

9. Searching_for_God

+628
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-American-Solidarity
  10. Sabertooth

+1,593
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2019 at 9:33 PM
  11. Searching_for_God

+628
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-American-Solidarity
    :fearscream: You're absolutely right! Those silly manufacturers. Guess you'd just have to buy more than one of the bikini tops, sew them together, and then the problem would be solved! :)

12. Ttalkkugjil

Ttalkkugjil Member

+103
    Korea, Republic Of
    Christian
    Married
    This is highly relevant to the lives of the rest of us.

13. Searching_for_God

+628
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-American-Solidarity
    I'm glad that you agree! ^_^

14. Ttalkkugjil

Ttalkkugjil Member

+103
    Korea, Republic Of
    Christian
    Married
    It makes me happy to hear that you're happy. Now me, I prefer swimming in my birthday suit.