I find it is hard to date most Christians

mikeforjesus

Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟571,244.00
Faith
Christian
I’ve been browsing some Christian dating sites and I find there is not even 1 that seems like they could be compatible with me. It really seems people of other cultures than mine and even it seems people from my culture are the same I expected them to be more simple for I believed most people from my culture don’t really want me but are playing games so that when I approach them they will say no but people from other cultures really have high expectations and are looking for a marriage to fulfill their dreams and expectations with high demands on a Christian to be a popular servant with a ministry with many talents and to look like a power couple
to be someone who they feel is perfect and makes them seem more special than others. They do not seem they can exercise loving imperfect people and a simple life to just raise children and to work to provide their needs

Last edited:

mikeforjesus

Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟571,244.00
Faith
Christian
Yeah they are looking someone to help lead them in their relationship with Christ who does more than them. But I can’t meet their high expectations because I don’t think I need to be doing what they expect people to do. But I think they will accept anyone who just shows off that he does much in life if he pursues them and is interested in them. But I am not one who shows he has many goals except the simple ones but why is there no one who wants to accept one who is not very successful yet who just wants a partner to share life with to seek God will together and bear children ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hey mike, I am not so good when it comes to women. Of course in my past my old way were no good anyway (very highly sexually active for me as well).

Have you tried just asking a woman to come over watch a movie, have some pizza, the winter time sucks but if you can bundle up warmly go for a walk in the park, local trail, maybe look read the bible together, go to the store for a meal to make together, go to a thift shop and look around and spend time together if they are interested..

Takes time to learn about each other too. Im not the greatest at giving advice lol.

There is a man on here named Norman who is 78 years old, and met his wife in his 50s. Sometimes maybe waiting is better as well.

Anyway brother have a nice day (off to work here)

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: mikeforjesus
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟933,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Given the pandemic and rising uncertainty most are seeking security. That means a stable income, little to no debt, and solid employment. Children are very expensive. If you want a family you should have a realistic idea of housing, childcare, and living expenses.

Limited means in a stable economy is difficult. But in volatile times the stress can be oppressive. I think it’s wise to use your singleness to prepare for the practical and spiritual rigors marriage brings.

Sacrificing for the other may require a career change, additional training, and so on. That’s easier to do when you’re alone than partnered.

Yours in His Service,

~bella

Last edited:
  • Informative
Upvote 0

ChristServant

Aug 23, 2020
South
✟26,634.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I’ve been browsing some Christian dating sites and I find there is not even 1 that seems like they could be compatible with me. It really seems people of other cultures than mine and even it seems people from my culture are the same I expected them to be more simple for I believed most people from my culture don’t really want me but are playing games so that when I approach them they will say no but people from other cultures really have high expectations and are looking for a marriage to fulfill their dreams and expectations with high demands on a Christian to be a popular servant with a ministry with many talents and to look like a power couple
to be someone who they feel is perfect and makes them seem more special than others. They do not seem they can exercise loving imperfect people and a simple life to just raise children and to work to provide their needs

There is a reason you are having difficulties in finding a real Christian wife, a great many people who say they are Christian still look for all the things of this world even though we are told to seek the Kingdom of GOD and HIS Righteousness, this is because they love the world and the things in it more than GOD. You will find very few live as this passage below in scripture suggests.

We no longer look to be served. We look to serve and give our lives for others. No longer fight for privilege, influence and status. We esteem others better than ourselves and put their interests above our own.

Peace be to all those in the body of Christ.

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟571,244.00
Faith
Christian
Given the pandemic and rising uncertainty most are seeking security. That means a stable income, little to no debt, and solid employment. Children are very expensive. If you want a family you should have a realistic idea of housing, childcare, and living expenses.

Limited means in a stable economy is difficult. But in volatile times the stress can be oppressive. I think it’s wise to use your singleness to prepare for the practical and spiritual rigors marriage brings.

Sacrificing for the other may require a career change, additional training, and so on. That’s easier to do when you’re alone than partnered.

Yours in His Service,

~bella

Thankyou then who looks after the poor now ? I think if one looks for work they can still support a family and the government can still work because how then are people surviving or how did people survive in tough times ? I think people can still survive on Centrelink or it should be churches job to raise funds for donations to supply atleast basic living needs for family. But I think I will be able to provide a living for family as I have a plan to run some businesses with help of my family

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟933,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thankyou then who looks after the poor now?

I can’t answer that for you. I live in the US. Where are you located?

I think if one looks for work they can still support a family and the government can still work because how then are people surviving or how did people survive in tough times?

Are you expecting government assistance with your expenses? Cost of living is a factor as is lifestyle. Do you have someone to care for your children while you work or will you need to pay for childcare?

I think people can still survive on Centrelink or it should be churches job to raise funds for donations to supply atleast basic living needs for family.

Churches are dependent on donations for most of their budget. Few derive income through other means. When the economy tightens donations decrease. We’re experiencing that right now.

But I think I will be able to provide a living for family as I have a plan to run some businesses with help of my family

I’ve raised a child and I’m self-employed. I encourage you to get your business underway before you marry. It will be much easier to accommodate expenses and build a family when you know what to expect financially.

I’ve watched many try to juggle it with spouses and children and its much harder. There’s also the pressure of knowing they rely on your provision. I’ve done the same with my daughter. She’s self-employed and works from home.

Yours in His Service,

~bella

• Informative
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟212,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm stereotyping, but I feel like most Christian women want a Bible study leader, praise team leader, evangelist leader, volunteer leader, etc. Open up any guide on dating/marriage for Christian women & it tells them they should want these kinds of men. I get men should strive to be that kind of man, & has to lead the woman in a relationship, but should every man be some kind of front-and-center leader in the church?

But what do I know? Of the 3 churches I go to, only one has a single woman in my dating age range.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟378,031.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm stereotyping, but I feel like most Christian women want a Bible study leader, praise team leader, evangelist leader, volunteer leader, etc. Open up any guide on dating/marriage for Christian women & it tells them they should want these kinds of men. I get men should strive to be that kind of man, & has to lead the woman in a relationship, but should every man be some kind of front-and-center leader in the church?

But what do I know? Of the 3 churches I go to, only one has a single woman in my dating age range.
There's what they say they want, and then there's the men they actually date, which tells you their true priorities. Some will date men in the church who aren't there yet, but are still Christian disciples. Others will date lukewarm Christians or non-Christians. They'll date whoever they date because they're attracted to them. And we don't have any easy way of knowing what any particular woman actually likes without observing her dating behavior for years, which doesn't help you date her now. You therefore can't concern yourself with what they want (but take "no" as final, you don't want to hurt her or accuse you of anything untoward; I cannot tell you how to make exceptions for those who play "hard to get" if you want a girl who does that).

Last edited:
  • Informative
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟212,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
There's what they say they want, and then there's the men they actually date, which tells you their true priorities. Some will date men in the church who aren't there yet, but are still Christian disciples. Others will date lukewarm Christians or non-Christians. They'll date whoever they date because they're attracted to them. And we don't have any easy way of knowing what any particular woman actually likes without observing her dating behavior for years, which doesn't help you date her now. You therefore can't concern yourself with what they want (take "no" as final, I cannot tell you how to make exceptions for those who play "hard to get" if you want a girl who does that).
My experience, that's exactly who they date, unless they choose a man who's not even a disciple.

But whatever, I can't get any kind of girl, Christian or not

Upvote 0