May 3, 2015
✟9,735.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
No Book of Mormon evidence? Let's examine.

1. Did you know that within the last 15 years or so there has been a valley discovered 3 days journey into the wilderness South of Jerusalem? This valley has a river stream running through it all year around, exactly as the Book of Mormon said there was. The Book of Mormon called it the Valley of Lemuel and the river of Laman.

2. One of the criticisms leveled at the Book of Mormon until recent years was that there had never been a metal bound book with metal pages found. Why has that criticism fallen off recently? Well, because there has now been found several metal, ring bound books found. So now, when people cite this as evidence against the Book of Mormon, they generally say something like, "Well those metal books are very small. Nothing big like the Book of Mormon has ever been found." While that's true, for now, it's interesting that the arguments keep changing as evidence of the book keeps being uncovered.

3. The land of Jerusalem has been used as an argument against the authenticity of the Book of Mormon. Did you know that the Dead Sea Scrolls support such a use of the land of Jerusalem as encompassing more than the city of Jerusalem? Look it up.

4. Nahum. There is, in the correct location, at the correct time, a place called Nhm? It is close to the southern tip of the Arabian peninsula, right where they would have turned East, just like the Book of Mormon claims.

These are all things that were discovered long after the death of Joseph Smith. This is just while we are still in the old world. There are many, many things that support the Book of Mormon when we get to North America. I may get to that some other time, but rest assured that there is a plethora of evidence for the Book of Mormon as an authentic ancient book.

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
2. One of the criticisms leveled at the Book of Mormon until recent years was that there had never been a metal bound book with metal pages found. Why has that criticism fallen off recently? Well, because there has now been found several metal, ring bound books found.

In the Americas? If so I'd sure like to see the evidence because as far as I know only soft metals (gold, silver, copper) were ever used in the Americas.

Upvote 0