• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I Feel Worthless

Crusader_4_Christ

Feb 18, 2005
✟259.00
Faith
Christian
I feel so worthless and alone. I feel life has nothing good for me. I recently got dumped by my gf. I had met this girl online. I flew all the way to Sweden to see her and when I did I found out she was also dating other guys. When I asked her about it she basically told me that's what you get for meeting me. I feel life has been nothing but a series of disappointments. I knew she was an unbeliever but I thought I could change her ways. Only when I met her in person did I discover sides of her that I never saw. The dark and evil side. I thought she was kind and sympathetic. It turned out to be only a facade, she was full of arrogance,vindictiveness, and deceit. I wish I had never met her. I feel Life is so unfair. Why can't God give me a decent relationship? Why can't he just make things work out?

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Sad story!

I read recently in a psychology venue, that we view ourselves as we perceive others see us. It's a natural human response...like mirroring, not anything philosophical.

The problem was in her, not you. You took a big risk, and it was one of those costly risks that wasn't worth it.

Leighton Ford once said that when you take risks, you come alive. Your adrenaline pumps, seratonin elevates...and you break out of your ruts.

So, you broke out of your rut. For that, it was a slightly valuable experience.

Find some friends to hang out with this week, that you know will support you, and selfishly allow them to encourage you. It sounds superficial, but it will help you get your mind off her rudeness and accusations.

Don't make any drastic decisions while you unwind, because you'll feel somewhat different, better, in a couple weeks. Hopefully sooner!

Upvote 0

silverlupus

Apr 9, 2005
✟225.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Crusader_4_Christ said:
I feel so worthless and alone. I feel life has nothing good for me. I recently got dumped by my gf. I had met this girl online. I flew all the way to Sweden to see her and when I did I found out she was also dating other guys. When I asked her about it she basically told me that's what you get for meeting me. I feel life has been nothing but a series of disappointments. I knew she was an unbeliever but I thought I could change her ways. Only when I met her in person did I discover sides of her that I never saw. The dark and evil side. I thought she was kind and sympathetic. It turned out to be only a facade, she was full of arrogance,vindictiveness, and deceit. I wish I had never met her. I feel Life is so unfair. Why can't God give me a decent relationship? Why can't he just make things work out?

I'm so sorry you are hurting. I know what you mean about life feeling like a series of dissapointments, I often get frustrated with life too, and want to know why God doesn't work things out. The only answer I've come up with so far is He's God and I'm not, which is sometimes not enough of an answer, but it's all I've got.
Anyway, here's a hug: :hug:
~Morgan

Upvote 0

goliwog

Dec 13, 2004
central coast
Visit site
✟8,081.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
hey man , Ive sorta been there I feal ya pain ... The important thing to know is that no matter how deep a pit you fall into jesus love can reach deeper still. I also noticed that your name is crusader for christ I just wana share something to you bout your name....

when you crusade for christ people see a love in you and they take from what you have... However when you are in an inviroment were no one gives its rather hard to crusade. Think of your self like a furtile peice of land. God has made you a masterpiece. But unsaved ppl need your land so baddly they camp on you to learn use u up sap you of your eneger so much that sometimes they cause it to become barren ... If you are fealing like a barren piece of land then its because you have tried to help maybe to much .. I have no idea why I am saying this its quite off topic but I feal God wants you to know that even though you feal like a barren land he will still send water from heaven to replensih and fill you but you cant have fruits until the land id healed ...

hope that helped

Upvote 0
A

Anti Existance

On-line can be very deceiving(actually i feel the whole internet is one big lie,lol) I also think there is a lesson to be learned for you , namely ' never go into a relationship expecting it to work out just because it concerns you'. a girl(just like a guy) can pack their bags and leave at any time(sadly but true). And that's the trouble with relationships. Really i have seen even the most beautifull girls to pop out like backstabbers. But this is where you have to be encouraged and see that life is a matter of falling and getting up and trying to reach the finish while making the best of it, and that not every woman is like her, but can be kind ,sweet ,loving and meeting all your needs that you have. You know most people aren't that 'great' qua attitude, and therefore its like seeking like a needle in a haystack, but i can ensure you that when you find your true love, that it is truelly amazing, 'however' always be aware that things can go wrong. 'the tides can change' is a popular saying where i come from.

KEEP TRYING!

Upvote 0