✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone!

I know I haven’t been around much in months. What a crazy year, huh?

I thought I’d be around more about a month or two ago since work has dwindled to - nothing really - due to the coronavirus stuff. Not having work meant I had many other things I needed to do though to try to stay afloat. I’m ok btw.

I ended up adding a summer semester class too. I LOVE my new job, which I still have, and I should get hours again soon. But I want to progress in it, which means a few extra courses so I can get certified a few levels up. I figured I might as well get started. But I forgot how hard it can be to catch up weeks into a class - not to mention it’s been 20 years since I was at university for anything. My old brain is maybe a bit slower. But I’m about caught up and carrying a good grade. The actual certification exam and all the clinical hours are going to be the real bear. But at least I’m started. :)

Church - ah. At least we are having it, praise God! It’s very different from before. The main thing I miss now is community. We might be there together but are spaced far apart and there’s no greeting, no fellowship. :(

But there are the prayers, and the Eucharist. Thank God.

That’s pretty much my life. Trying to get things done and trying to take care of ourselves. Watching as the world goes through some pretty strange things, especially in the US. Sooooo many issues dividing us right now - it’s unreal!

I should have been here. I needed you guys. Y’all have long been my haven, through illness, and just plain living a long way from Church, and everything else. Now when I probably needed community most of all, I duck out and get busy with other things.

But I’m ok. I’ve missed you all. I really do hope I can be around a bit more, though I doubt I’ll be able to “catch up” ... I’m still a bit behind on everything in my life LOL.

I hope you’re all doing well. Now that I think of it, I’m a bit dreading to maybe read of some of you maybe suffering or going through serious problems. I do hope everyone is ok, and your families and parishes as well.

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,021,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone!

I thought I’d be around more about a month or two ago since work has dwindled to - nothing really - due to the coronavirus stuff. Not having work meant I had many other things I needed to do though to try to stay afloat. I’m ok btw.

I ended up adding a summer semester class too. I LOVE my new job, which I still have, and I should get hours again soon. But I want to progress in it, which means a few extra courses so I can get certified a few levels up. I figured I might as well get started. But I forgot how hard it can be to catch up weeks into a class - not to mention it’s been 20 years since I was at university for anything. My old brain is maybe a bit slower. But I’m about caught up and carrying a good grade. The actual certification exam and all the clinical hours are going to be the real bear. But at least I’m started. :)

Church - ah. At least we are having it, praise God! It’s very different from before. The main thing I miss now is community. We might be there together but are spaced far apart and there’s no greeting, no fellowship. :(

That’s pretty much my life. Trying to get things done and trying to take care of ourselves. Watching as the world goes through some pretty strange things, especially in the US. Sooooo many issues dividing us right now - it’s unreal!

I should have been here. I needed you guys. Y’all have long been my haven, through illness, and just plain living a long way from Church, and everything else. Now when I probably needed community most of all, I duck out and get busy with other things.

But I’m ok. I’ve missed you all. I really do hope I can be around a bit more, though I doubt I’ll be able to “catch up” ... I’m still a bit behind on everything in my life LOL.

I hope you’re all doing well. Now that I think of it, I’m a bit dreading to maybe read of some of you maybe suffering or going through serious problems. I do hope everyone is ok, and your families and parishes as well.
Glad you are back!

Upvote 0

Phronema

Orthodox Christian
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2016
Florida Panhandle
✟739,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone!

It's good to hear from you, and I'm glad things are going well!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
indeed I have! gotta speak my nonsense somewhere!
I wouldn’t call it nonsense ... believe me, I was glad for it when I first came here.

But you and Gurney and a few others CAN get up to some amusing shenanigans. :D

Upvote 0