Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Honestly I have this thing of believing I was born too late. Sometimes I feel misplaced. I am 27 and living in arguably the darkest most uncivilized time in history for America and the rest of the developed world in general and in my lifetime the ultimate collapse may very well come and there won't be anything else like America ever again.

I want to have been born anytime before 1960s-1970s so now I would have lived a better life and would be almost on my way out by now. At least the last time there was a major threat of nuclear apocalypse, our leaders were better prepared and it ultimately didn't come at all. I don't like how the world has changed overall since even 20 years ago. But back at that time, I was just a small kid. I wish it would just go back to what it was before I became an adult. I want to taste just a little of that so bad, I can go on a lot about this.

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Honestly I have this thing of believing I was born too late. Sometimes I feel misplaced. I am 27 and living in arguably the darkest most uncivilized time in history for America and the rest of the developed world in general and in my lifetime the ultimate collapse may very well come and there won't be anything else like America ever again.

I want to have been born anytime before 1960s-1970s so now I would have lived a better life and would be almost on my way out by now. At least the last time there was a major threat of nuclear apocalypse, our leaders were better prepared and it ultimately didn't come at all. I don't like how the world has changed overall since even 20 years ago. But back at that time, I was just a small kid. I wish it would just go back to what it was before I became an adult. I want to taste just a little of that so bad, I can go on a lot about this.
I would prefer a time much earlier than that. Before we cut down all of the forests and ate most of the animals. To find myself in a time like that with the knowledge I hold now would make me a very wealthy man, a king magician no less.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,879.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

I think you need to take more breaks from news, internet, media, all that. I know too much of it gets to me. Focus on family, friends, work, "real life" you know? I know things seem horrible because horrible stuff is what's focused on with mass media, but most people in real life are still normal, decent people.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You might like to watch the movie Midnight in Paris to see how that desire plays out.

and there won't be anything else like America ever again.

Empires come and go. But yes we may all be on the tail end of this one just as predecessors were on the end of the British Empire 75 yrs ago.

• Agree
Reactions: Anguspure
Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think you need to take more breaks from news, internet, media, all that. I know too much of it gets to me. Focus on family, friends, work, "real life" you know? I know things seem horrible because horrible stuff is what's focused on with mass media, but most people in real life are still normal, decent people.
I spent many years with this dream because I found myself wishing I was somewhere else.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The 50s weren’t a good time to be either black or female. Things changed for the better for both during the 60s and 70s . The dismantling of the middle class was in full swing by the 90s . Abuse of scientists and scientific literacy is becoming rampant .Now racism and sexism are coming back into fashion mixed with always continually present homophobia. I have some sympathy for gays and the alphabet soup crowd as being black and female wasn’t easy either It’s gotten as scary and ugly to be black and female or gay or as it was in the 50s it’s almost as bad to be educated as it was in mao tse tung’s China . I don’t see how people can call themselves Christian while wanting to enforce a lifestyle on others that is destructive oppressive and terrifying

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Yep .... my era ;o) Socially much much better .... still had some issues of course ... technologically ... not so much. Life was certainly less complicated back then. Less government involvement.
Those were the days my friend ... hmmm ... I think someone wrote a song like that ;o)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Those were the days my friend ... hmmm ... I think someone wrote a song like that ;o)
Yes but the songwriter like the rest of us wasn't paying much attention to the establishment. The only difference was that we weren't ranting about rights yet. That came later. We were still part of the responsibility before rights crew. Things unfolded quickly when that reversed.

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You know, I often feel the same thing. Do you think it's maybe a sign of depression?
I don't know, maybe. I figure that I have some level of depression too, but I don't know if that is what is causing this.

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I can feel like you except I would love to have been born in the good old days between the 30's and the 50's.
The fact that some things today seem to be getting exponentially worse/harder is making it even more intense.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Consider that the first to latch onto Jesus and follow Him were the oppressed., the slaves, servants, women. Take it as a good sign. You are growing to hate the world of man. Time to checkout the ways of the Kingdom by comparison.

Upvote 0

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The 70's were the best time I remember. It was a better world I remember. No school shootings, everyone was happy that I remember. Strange how things have changed.

It seems people are more nutty now

• Agree
Reactions: devin553344
Upvote 0