Los Angeles
✟18,615.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
2 years ago I got this gut feeling that I was going to die young, at age 21 I cant seem to get it out of my head it’s just a thought that’s always their and I don’t know why. Considering all these rap stars keep dying at age 21 it doesn’t make me feel good because all though I’m not a rapper I feel like it’s a sign. I thought about it again today and as I viewed a YouTube video I was reading the comments and some guy was talking about how his son died at age 21, I feel like maybe god is warning me. I don’t know what to do I feel scared and horrible.

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
2 years ago I got this gut feeling that I was going to die young, at age 21 I cant seem to get it out of my head it’s just a thought that’s always their and I don’t know why. Considering all these rap stars keep dying at age 21 it doesn’t make me feel good because all though I’m not a rapper I feel like it’s a sign. I thought about it again today and as I viewed a YouTube video I was reading the comments and some guy was talking about how his son died at age 21, I feel like maybe god is warning me. I don’t know what to do I feel scared and horrible.
Not a sparrow falls to the ground apart from the Father. No matter how much you worry, you won't die before your time.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
All of us are seeing the same stories about young people dying. I am 54 so this just makes me sad, especially since I have a children in that age range. I think it just hits close to home for you because these are your peers. Most of the young people that die young and make the news contribute through lifestyle choices to their death. If you are not making the same poor decisions, then you are not at any higher risk than anyone else who is your age...which is pretty low. I think when I was your age, I also worried about dying young and missing out on things that mattered to me. It may be a common worry.

Regardless, we all should live like we may die soon which means living a life that we are proud of ... being kind, not harming others, etc. So make that your daily goal...live a life that you would be proud to stand before Jesus and account for. Also, stop wasting today by worrying about your death date. We all will die. God knows that date. We don't. Plan for a long life and live accordingly. Also live like today is your last day in how you interact with others. And change how you see death. It is not something to fear. As a Christian, it is "Graduation Day". The day we actually get to meet Jesus and no longer are strapped to a world that has the consequences of sin.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

1. stop reading, looking at utube articles about people dying young.
2. see your doctor for a medical check up and if he says you are healthy, believe him.
3. live a healthy life style.
4. talk to your minister about the state of your soul.

• Winner
Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I feel like maybe god is warning me. I don’t know what to do I feel scared and horrible.

SO whatever's "Warning you" isn't God - HE doesn't talk to people that way. His interactions are always redemptive. Making you "Scared and horrible" is satan's work, since he only seeks to destroy. My council would be to REBUKE the filthy thing, and tell it to stick its message of death somewhere that the sun don't shine. More importantly, seek to establish a relationship with GOD through the SIN offering of Jesus on the cross for you. speak with the pastor of an Evangelical Church - Assembly of God, Baptist, Nazarene - etc.

The doctors gave me 10-12 years to live 27 years ago - the joke's on THEM.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Abstain from tobacco, drunkenness, narcotics, warfare, promiscuity, fraud, gluttony, obesity, recklessness, and laziness. Then will you have a chance at living?

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Abstain from tobacco, drunkenness, narcotics, warfare, promiscuity, fraud, gluttony, obesity, recklessness, and laziness. Then will you have a chance at living?

Actually, you can abstain from all the above and you will still die someday. Only God knows. When my husband was fighting cancer, people would ask me how could I deal with the fear of him dying and my answer was simply that we could die driving to the chemo clinic as easily as he could die of his cancer. We simply need to live each day in a way that pleases God and not waste time wondering when our death date will be.

His cancer was determined to be "genetic" in nature so his death was simply related to being born as himself and not to living a bad lifestyle. Physical death is one of life's few guaranteed activities. I don't see it as something to fear.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Actually, you can abstain from all the above and you will still die someday. Only God knows. When my husband was fighting cancer, people would ask me how could I deal with the fear of him dying and my answer was simply that we could die driving to the chemo clinic as easily as he could die of his cancer. We simply need to live each day in a way that pleases God and not waste time wondering when our death date will be.

His cancer was determined to be "genetic" in nature so his death was simply related to being born as himself and not to living a bad lifestyle. Physical death is one of life's few guaranteed activities. I don't see it as something to fear.
A longevity expert in Japan lived to be 105. He studied how to live long.

A woman sent home to die after her quadruple bypass was clogged with plaque went to Dr. Pritikin and changed her diet. She lived into her 90’s. Her grandson Michael Greger became a doctor and nutrition researcher.

The World Health Organization recently categorized nitrite processed meat as a Group 1 carcinogen like cigarettes. I stopped eating ham, bacon, salami, pepperoni, etc. Red meat is a Group 2 carcinogen. Chicken is a major source of cholesterol.

I am going to die, but ought not live in ignorance and reckless dietary abandon.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
A longevity expert in Japan lived to be 105. He studied how to live long.

A woman sent home to die after her quadruple bypass was clogged with plaque went to Dr. Pritikin and changed her diet. She lived into her 90’s. Her grandson Michael Greger became a doctor and nutrition researcher.

The World Health Organization recently categorized nitrite processed meat as a Group 1 carcinogen like cigarettes. I stopped eating ham, bacon, salami, pepperoni, etc. Red meat is a Group 2 carcinogen. Chicken is a major source of cholesterol.

I am going to die, but ought not live in ignorance and reckless dietary abandon.

I didn't say ignore a healthy lifestyle but even vegetarians die young at times and there are people who eat read meat who live to be over 90. Car accidents and such don't only kill people who eat "healthy".

Specific diet discussions are off topic unless the OP has identified that he/she is eating poorly and that is why the fear.

Upvote 0

NevaMae99

Aug 13, 2019
LA
✟16,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

God shows us signs through His Word. The enemy studies you and knows you better than anyone else you know. He puts fears into your mind and knows what triggers you.

I have had these thoughts as well, though. In fact, just yesterday I was driving to work and I felt the urge to call my son and tell him I loved him. It scared me because it made me think something was going to happen to him at school or something. But it didn't. With all the school shootings that happen these days, it's something that's always in the back of my mind as a parent. And Satan knows that. It was something I already feared so when that thought came to my mind, it naturally took me deeper into that fear.

I get the same feeling when I fly. I will fly if I have to, but I have to take anxiety medicine before I do. I have an unhealthy fear that there will be terrorists on the plane. Before 9/11, I was still afraid of flying, but it was more that the plane was going to crash. Either way, Satan knows this about me and these irrational fears come to my mind when I fly.

The thing is, that I recognize these as lies. So I still send my son to school each day. And I still fly because it's just a lot faster and easier. I pray and I try not to let it take over my life. Truth is, either of those things could realistically happen. But God is in control. He is faithful. I trust Him that no matter what happens in life, He will never leave me. These are the things I intentionally chose to focus on. There is just too much in the world that is uncertain and fearful and it WILL take over your life if you let it. That is not the abundant life that Jesus talks about for us.

• Agree
Reactions: KateforChrist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I didn't say ignore a healthy lifestyle but even vegetarians die young at times and there are people who eat read meat who live to be over 90. Car accidents and such don't only kill people who eat "healthy".

Specific diet discussions are off topic unless the OP has identified that he/she is eating poorly and that is why the fear.
Some people had their lives cut short due to bad diet, morbid obesity, etc.
I did not recommend what is unhealthy.

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OP, your initial post is confusing since your personal info shows you're actually 28

do you mean back when you were 21, you thought your time might be up?

how do you feel 7 years later?
still having same feelings even though you're close to 30?

Last edited:
Upvote 0