• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I feel like being at home isnt the best place for my child and I

Macchiato

Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟133,716.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes the simple and easy answer is to move. Ive tried but then he had a cancer scare that took 2 months of me going to and from the childrens hospital 2x a week to find out he's somewhat okay and even then we still have one more visit. But here's what prompted me to state what I said
-----
Im really afraid to leave my child for 4 days while im in the hospital.

So not too long ago my brother was playing with my baby and the dog. So Syd(my baby) accidentally falls and nearly sits on the dog my 14yr old bro pushes Syd.

I explain to my bro why what he did isnt right ( so my bro is on thr spectrum but hes not that far. He knows right from wrong. One example if his teachers tell him something he will listen and act right with us his family he acts really bratty bc he knows what he can get away with)

Well my mom called and said ...he did nothing wrong. Make sure the dogs arent mistreated..That the dogs cant be put down for any little thing yaddah yaddah ( wasnt trying to have the put down just for my bro to acknowledge what he did was wrong)

And at this point I dont feel Syd is safe here.

My mom will always defend my bro and the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]ing dogs... Even though the dog jumped on Syd's chest ans made him hit his head on thr coffee table.

Smh

Idk how my mom can be such an amazing strong person but so toxic at the same time.

[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse].

I have to get away. Fast. ( ive been trying to move out. Sons health got in the way , job loss, car being totaled. Alot)

I hate i got pregnant again I truly do. Bc my son needs me. Im thinking of moving to a hotel or something after labor bc i feel my mom will take up for the dogs and excuse my little bros bad behavior.

I want to stay in a hotel but i wonder will cps be called for kids staying in a hotel? Even if Im watching and caring for them? This is my main question.

( Also i domt feel my ex is a good choice to stay with he smokes and drinks -- not lately but i dont feel like watching a 3rd child to put it bluntly)