• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

I feel like an orphaned widow

Discussion in 'Memorials & Grief Support' started by BonnieL322, Oct 20, 2019.

1. BonnieL322

BonnieL322 New Member

+28
    United States
    Christian
    Widowed
    Hi all,

My husband passed away in June 2018, then my dad died in June 2019, and my mother unexpectedly passed last month. My late husband and I also lost our firstborn child in 2008.

My extended relatives live out of state, so this feeling of isolation and loneliness in grief is a bit more magnified since my siblings and I have lost the only matriarch and patriarch that we grew up around. I feel so badly for my 4 living children, and to be honest, I feel just as sad as they do. I always thought my husband would be there for me when my parents died, but obviously that’s not the case. I know God is there, but I meant in the human sense. I try to immerse myself in my maternal role and be there for my kids, but there is no human rock for me anymore since my husband and my parents are now gone. I wasn’t expecting this until I was older (I’m 34, my kids are 9, 8, 6, and 2).

Please pray for my babies and for me to be a better mother. And please pray that God has or will find another man in mind for us sometime, to bring extra joy and a sense of stability etc to our family.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Gracia Singh

Gracia Singh Newbie Supporter

+7,753
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Prayers, Bonnie. You sound like a precious, strong, lovely woman, and a great Mom! I'll definitely keep you and your children in my prayers. Christ be with you, shield you, hold you, and bless you.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. Aussie Pete

Aussie Pete Well-Known Member Supporter

+822
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God."

Let this be real in Bonnie's experience Father God.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  4. Sam91

Sam91 Child of the Living God Supporter

+7,624
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    Hi from a fellow mum (5, 12, 17) who has lost her partner 4 yrs ago then her gran and brother during the next two. I still can't imagine what you are going through though.
    I have no relatives at all for hundreds of miles, so I really feel for you.

Your circumstances sound so sad and are hard at the moment. What I know is the strength and comfort the Lord gives and I pray that for you. I pray that you keep getting smiles and peace for the foreseeable. I'll pray for your children too.

My youngest kept me going. He was 15months when his father passed. He still needed the smiles and to be played with. I hope he helps you pull through as much as my son helped me.

I've been doing ok but I got upset out of the blue yesterday looking at photo from 5 years ago of him and his dad. I was crying and he came through and asked me what's wrong. I said I was sad. He said 'well stop looking at your phone then' and gave me a huge hug. It actually fixed me, bless him. Such wisdom from a little head.

I guess what I'm saying is you're not alone. You are carrying a lot of responsibility but your kids are like a human rocks. Even though it is you supporting them etc.. they do keep us grounded, going and provide smiles, laughter and plenty of stress to keep us out of our heads too much.

I'm thinking of you Bonnie

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Aquatic Waves

Aquatic Waves Member

+213
    United States
    Catholic
    Private
    Hello Bonnie. I just came across your post. I am so so sorry for your losses. I'm actually crying right now from reading bc I totally understand your pain. I lost both my parents at a very young age and they were young as well. I have no partner or children. My only relatives are my sister and grandma. However, I'm not that close to them. I have no friends either to talk to. So all I have now is God to hear me and to help me. So I know how lonely and sad you are feeling. And the grieving too. I'm sending all my prayers to both you and your children. Stay strong and have faith in the lord. I do believe good things will come to those who need it. Idk when but they will.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019 at 10:58 PM