Acco340

Jan 29, 2017
Laval
✟7,736.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The more I grow up the more I feel like being a Christian becomes even mor challenging.
I want to be closer to God and I started to pray more bu there's one area that I really feel ashamed of and stops me from praying. I'm sure I'm not the only one struggling with this, but it's sex. When my body is filled with that desire, I feel like I can't pray and think about those things. Some periods I can repeal it and it disappear but it always comes back. It says in the Bible that when we decide to change the holy spirit will guide us, but it seems like this desire is stronger...even though I know it's not.
I know sex by itself is not a sin but is only for marriage and I shouldn't be in a rush to have God's best. But I don't know what to do with this now! I feel ashamed, hypocrite...I know those feelings are normal but now that I have no prospect of marriage in my life (I've been single since 19 I'm now 23) what can I do with this without affecting my faith?
At the moment I feel to ashamed to get on my knees knowing that I sin all the time...it even makes me sad because I know that I have embraced Jesus in my life but this one area will just not change...I don't know if others have the same problem but if you had, what did you do about it?

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The more I grow up the more I feel like being a Christian becomes even mor challenging.
I want to be closer to God and I started to pray more bu there's one area that I really feel ashamed of and stops me from praying. I'm sure I'm not the only one struggling with this, but it's sex. When my body is filled with that desire, I feel like I can't pray and think about those things. Some periods I can repeal it and it disappear but it always comes back. It says in the Bible that when we decide to change the holy spirit will guide us, but it seems like this desire is stronger...even though I know it's not.
I know sex by itself is not a sin but is only for marriage and I shouldn't be in a rush to have God's best. But I don't know what to do with this now! I feel ashamed, hypocrite...I know those feelings are normal but now that I have no prospect of marriage in my life (I've been single since 19 I'm now 23) what can I do with this without affecting my faith?
At the moment I feel to ashamed to get on my knees knowing that I sin all the time...it even makes me sad because I know that I have embraced Jesus in my life but this one area will just not change...I don't know if others have the same problem but if you had, what did you do about it?
The more you let sexual thoughts stop you from praying, the more ashamed you are by them, the more hypocritical they make you feel, the more of a hold they will have over your life.
There is so much that could be said on This subject, by quoting the bible and personal experience, but I wont bombard you with it all.

You have to believe, and stand on the fact that Christ is your right standing before God, not your ability to observe Gods laws( lust breaks the law of God)
Strangely, when you do that you will find sexual thoughts/ lust do not have the hold over you they now have.
I know it makes no sense, but it is true, and it I true according to the core message the Apostle Paul preached.

If you want to go into it further, privately pm me

God bless

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Get a membership and exercise more. This is good with other hormone issues also like depression and anxiety. Job 31:1 NIV "I made a covenant with my eyes not to look lustfully at a young woman." We also need control what we look at. We can be washed and cleansed, pure and clean in and through the Precious Blood of Jesus. Rev 7:14 "They have washed their robes in the blood of the Lamb".

• Agree
Reactions: MustardSeeed
Upvote 0

Na Nach Oi!

Embracing paradoxical thinking
Dec 4, 2016
Earth
✟55,404.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

I'm a hypocrite too.
We all are hypocrites.

Every living man wears his/her own mask. Every day.

There is a mask to put on when you face your friends.
There is a mask to put on when you face your parents.
There is a mask to put on when you face your siblings.
There is a mask to put on when you face yourself.
There is a mask to put on when you face God.

Accept it. The fact is, we all would sin intentionally/unintentionally until we die.

Just receive His abundant mercy. People who would be saved are them who say to Him, "Remember me when You come into Your kingdom!"

Do you want to remove your sexual desire? Should you castrate yourself and be an eunuch?

Reactions: thehehe
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you want to remove your sexual desire? Should you castrate yourself and be an eunuch?
Nice idea but you have to castrate a eunuch before they go through puberty. After that changes have already been made in the brain. They tried to castrate Pedophiles but it did not stop them from molesting children.

In the parable in Luke Chapter 18 we see that: "For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted.”… We can not justify ourselves only God can justify us.

Upvote 0

fearfylly&wonderfullymade

walk by faith not by sight
Jan 29, 2017
south africa
✟7,991.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
[QUOTE="Acco340, post:
Hi

I new to this forum but let me tell you i felt your post just the headline hipocrite hit home.
I have been struggling with issues so badly and i feel so ashame to even speak to God about it even though i know He knows and sees everything..desire, lust just that wanting that makes me feel quilty...i pray thou it feels like its not that intimate talk between me and God the way it use to be...i suffer badly with anxiety with all of this so i know how you feel.
God bless

Upvote 0

fearfylly&wonderfullymade

walk by faith not by sight
Jan 29, 2017
south africa
✟7,991.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
love
I'm a hypocrite too.
We all are hypocrites.

Every living man wears his/her own mask. Every day.

There is a mask to put on when you face your friends.
There is a mask to put on when you face your parents.
There is a mask to put on when you face your siblings.
There is a mask to put on when you face yourself.
There is a mask to put on when you face God.

Accept it. The fact is, we all would sin intentionally/unintentionally until we die.

Just receive His abundant mercy. People who would be saved are them who say to Him, "Remember me when You come into Your kingdom!"

love this reply

Upvote 0

FormerTweaker

Dec 3, 2016
California
✟20,029.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have a demon bothering me that constantly floods me with arousal daily. I invited it in years ago. Waiting on Jesus to get rid of it now, it doesn't leave when i command it to in his name yet. The arousal happens often, I have no control over it. The demon pretends to be a beautiful nymphomaniac woman to temp me. I have to resist it all day long. The demon goes into my dreams and tricks me into having sex with it too. I usually wake up and stop when I realize what's going on but give in at times and have sex with it briefly. Sometimes after praying the desires get less intense.

Being aroused all the time and not being married is frustrating. I dislike being celibate greatly. But I have no choice at the moment. I was a very sexual person before I found Jesus.

I encourage you to pray to Jesus and ask him for help. He gives me the willpower to resist sexual activity when awake so far. I used to be a meth addict who was obsessed with inappropriate content and cybersex/sex 24/7. Jesus delivered me from my addictions.

I feel weird praying when im very aroused but at times praying anyways and asking him to remove the feeling has worked. Try praying for help even when you feel desire.

Upvote 0

Daniel Quartararo

Feb 9, 2017
✟10,274.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I would encourage you to watch these videos! I'm here for you if you need help or want to talk, here:
www.facebook.com/djquart

<3 God bless you, in Jesus' mighty name! <3

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Daydream Island

Christian
Jun 14, 2016
Sydney
✟11,002.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, lust is a sin.
Obeying God's law makes you right in His sight, however because of the weaknesses of your sinful nature - you sin & therefore fail to follow the law.
God has shown you a way to be made right with him without keeping the requirements of the law: by placing your faith in Jesus Christ - who was presented as a sacrifice for sin, sacrificing his life and shedding his blood for us, sinners. So you can be made right with God through faith in Jesus Christ and not obeying the law.
God sent His Son to die for is while we were still sinners. Christ restored our friendship to God while we were still His enemies #AwesomeLove.

God's law itself is holy, it's commands are holy, right and good. The law reveals/show how sinful we are.

Also, don't forget Romans 6:15-19
15Well then, since God’s grace has set us free from the law, does that mean we can go on sinning? Of course not! 16Don’t you realize that you become the slave of whatever you choose to obey? You can be a slave to sin, which leads to death, or you can choose to obey God, which leads to righteous living. 17Thank God! Once you were slaves of sin, but now you wholeheartedly obey this teaching we have given you. 18Now you are free from your slavery to sin, and you have become slaves to righteous living.19Because of the weakness of your human nature, I am using the illustration of slavery to help you understand all this. Previously, you let yourselves be slaves to impurity and lawlessness, which led ever deeper into sin. Now you must give yourselves to be slaves to righteous living so that you will become holy.

Upvote 0

Jesus4Ever

May 21, 2017
Nazareth
✟16,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Keep praying to Jesus to help you overcome this sin. Never Give Up!

Upvote 0